Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Delivering Fast Boot Times in Windows 8 [31599]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 5582
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@gx-x
That does not allow that - I mean, you read the at least the first comment in the article you linked, right?

I can give you links how borked it is.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic127187.html
or:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/9b6eee60-855d-47cc-9927-acae3fb6f971/

Nothing, nada.
It's a cashcow for MS, so why would be so dumb to give it up? 200 bucks every time you want to sign a driver...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 1362

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe I've said anything here.. oh yeah that was why...

Amra: I love marketing.

I like absolutely nothing about this metro square corner shit, and classic desktop Aero theme has been butchered to look even worse.. how the fuck, did they sack the previous UX designers... I was hoping another 3years they might have finally gotten Win8 looking decent.. instead complete reverse.

Absolutely nothing from http://www.windows7taskforce.com/ seems to have been acknowledged.. they haven't even got a dx12 to pull out out their ass, infested live gamer shit ain't going to work. The Explorer file manager and ribbon bar ain't going to hold up, hardly an improvement to it, and they're turning the OS into a fucking tablet of noobfail.

Faster boot up ...who gives a shit, I don't even use the hiberfile and that's a requirement for this win8 faster bootup. Otherwise its only a marginal improvement on Win7, in how they are showing it anyway. How it actually works out when you want it booting up straight to the classic desktop environment compared to Win7 who knows, one thing is for they better make sure all this infested cloud, metro web consumer dummIEs browsing shit doesn't try to snivel out into the classic desktop shell and through infested background services/network etc.

Bumped into this aswel, so true:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2683

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
@gx-x
That does not allow that - I mean, you read the at least the first comment in the article you linked, right?

I can give you links how borked it is.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic127187.html
or:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/9b6eee60-855d-47cc-9927-acae3fb6f971/

Nothing, nada.
It's a cashcow for MS, so why would be so dumb to give it up? 200 bucks every time you want to sign a driver...


It seems that I have no idea what are you trying to do. I always disable UAC, DEP and I can install un-signed drivers. I don't know what you are trying to do but these things work for me every time, all the time Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 5582
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Koogle
Great pic! Sums up WinDOS devolution very well.
In case you have not noticed, WinDOS comes with have a pretty decent command line interfaces nowadays...

@gx-x
I suppose the drivers you are trying to install are not kernel-mode drivers...
Must be audio, video or similar drivers.
If you don't know about it, don't sweat it; be happy that you do not have to deal with this Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2683

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
@Koogle
Great pic! Sums up WinDOS devolution very well.
In case you have not noticed, WinDOS comes with have a pretty decent command line interfaces nowadays...

@gx-x
I suppose the drivers you are trying to install are not kernel-mode drivers...
Must be audio, video or similar drivers.
If you don't know about it, don't sweat it; be happy that you do not have to deal with this Smile


well, yea, display (can't install monitor driver if I don't turn that UAC off), audio (not anymore), and that's about that. I have a scanner (imaging device) driver that is not supported by win7 that I managed to install and the rest is pretty much all signed and regular (I am not building custom equipment and writing drivers for it Very Happy )

but you got me interested, can you give me an example of something that wouldn't install? The boot thing that you do SHOULD be the same as the steps I gave links to and I needed to do that F8 thing until I did those things (to install custom driver for my monitor) that I gave links to, no I don't need to F8 boot to install that driver...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 5582
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@gx-x
PM sent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amra
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Posts: 172

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:58 pm Post subject:
I don't believe I've said anything here.. oh yeah that was why...

Amra: I love marketing.


No need to hold yourself back because of me Koogle ;)
Perhaps it wasn't that clear, so... this was sarcasm. I believed not a piece of
what I saw, anybody with 50 common cents brain would recognize this as
what it is... fake, you would call it perhaps "utter crapshit" or something like this, but I'm not a man of drastic words. =P
Btw nice pics ;)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group