Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 10 Blocking Counterfeit Games [40113]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2677

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you can disable all that (it's part of the of "getting to know you" ) M$ will say it is optional and EU won't say anything, maybe they will force them to ship a version that has all of those disabled by default.

Here, a quick guide to those options:

http://windows.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/everything-you-need-disable-windows-10-0163552/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 4299

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the information posted about MS taking data. Bahhh... It's all non-identifying data. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2677

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Most of the information posted about MS taking data. Bahhh... It's all non-identifying data. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/


to me it doesn't matter that it's non-identifying data, what matters is that it is taking I/O and CPU time in background to do something that I have no use for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 06 Aug 2005
Posts: 966
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:



MS Sniffing Key points:

-blocking in hosts doesnt work, some IPs are hardcoded into their code and DLLs


What about blocking in the router?

These DLLs can try all they want after that. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2677

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, if you know the IP they are trying to reach you can do it in router and in 3rd party firewall as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 5568
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it will be just a matter of editing the hosts file.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zarlin
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2010
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it to people for free , and when they are in suuuuuuuck them dry.

violent2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 4299

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:
Most of the information posted about MS taking data. Bahhh... It's all non-identifying data. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/


to me it doesn't matter that it's non-identifying data, what matters is that it is taking I/O and CPU time in background to do something that I have no use for.


Then you better stop using a mobile phone buddy. They track you and everything you do on your phone. Better stop using Google, Bing or whatever. Better stop watching TV too, they keep track of you. Your I/O and CPU complaint are empty arguments because this shit goes on whatever you do that uses the internet. You just want to strike at M$ and be ignorant like Koogle. You are being ignorant just like the people writing these articles who try and act knowledgeable. Like psolord said, block it via your router. I'm sure someone somewhere will come out with an app to help you block or disable it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2677

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:
Most of the information posted about MS taking data. Bahhh... It's all non-identifying data. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/


to me it doesn't matter that it's non-identifying data, what matters is that it is taking I/O and CPU time in background to do something that I have no use for.


Then you better stop using a mobile phone buddy. They track you and everything you do on your phone. Better stop using Google, Bing or whatever. Better stop watching TV too, they keep track of you. Your I/O and CPU complaint are empty arguments because this shit goes on whatever you do that uses the internet. You just want to strike at M$ and be ignorant like Koogle. You are being ignorant just like the people writing these articles who try and act knowledgeable. Like psolord said, block it via your router. I'm sure someone somewhere will come out with an app to help you block or disable it.


you don't udnerstand. I said that I don't mind them taking data when I am giving them data, I mind them taking data and working in background because they can cause my game (for instance) to microstutter.
I don't care about the phone, I use wifi only and yes, I do use google, but unlike microsoft, google says it will not use my personal data (yea I know, they can and do but at least they say they wont), they don't collect my keystrokes etc. and they have very little interest in me anyway, I have an old phone, which tells them I am not a spender, I don't have a single payed app in my phone, Google Now is not available in my country, we got google street (very limited) like 7 months ago...What can they collect? Phone numbers and few emails that I keep in my phone? Sure, let them. I doubt they speak Serbian anyway lol Smile

So again, even if google did shit in background of my phone (and they do but very little, I track wakelocks and stuff) they are not interfering with the performance of my phone.

As for other stuff, I don't care. I have addons that hide me and prevent most tracking on my PC, it is sufficient. I don't get adds in my mail (I do but, by some google miracle, they all go straight to spam on my google mail), I don't get spam sms messages on my phone, I get no calls from advertising companies etc.
Tracking my TV?! Jeez, what a waste of resources, I don't even watch TV. If they were really tracking me, I would be in jail by now, everything I watch is taken from the internet, every movie, every series, everything really. Why would I watch fucking TV lol 30mbit flat internet with no limits or fair usage policies for 30$ a month is all I really need (and have).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 4299

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:
gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:
Most of the information posted about MS taking data. Bahhh... It's all non-identifying data. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/


to me it doesn't matter that it's non-identifying data, what matters is that it is taking I/O and CPU time in background to do something that I have no use for.


Then you better stop using a mobile phone buddy. They track you and everything you do on your phone. Better stop using Google, Bing or whatever. Better stop watching TV too, they keep track of you. Your I/O and CPU complaint are empty arguments because this shit goes on whatever you do that uses the internet. You just want to strike at M$ and be ignorant like Koogle. You are being ignorant just like the people writing these articles who try and act knowledgeable. Like psolord said, block it via your router. I'm sure someone somewhere will come out with an app to help you block or disable it.


you don't udnerstand. I said that I don't mind them taking data when I am giving them data, I mind them taking data and working in background because they can cause my game (for instance) to microstutter.
I don't care about the phone, I use wifi only and yes, I do use google, but unlike microsoft, google says it will not use my personal data (yea I know, they can and do but at least they say they wont), they don't collect my keystrokes etc. and they have very little interest in me anyway, I have an old phone, which tells them I am not a spender, I don't have a single payed app in my phone, Google Now is not available in my country, we got google street (very limited) like 7 months ago...What can they collect? Phone numbers and few emails that I keep in my phone? Sure, let them. I doubt they speak Serbian anyway lol Smile

So again, even if google did shit in background of my phone (and they do but very little, I track wakelocks and stuff) they are not interfering with the performance of my phone.

As for other stuff, I don't care. I have addons that hide me and prevent most tracking on my PC, it is sufficient. I don't get adds in my mail (I do but, by some google miracle, they all go straight to spam on my google mail), I don't get spam sms messages on my phone, I get no calls from advertising companies etc.
Tracking my TV?! Jeez, what a waste of resources, I don't even watch TV. If they were really tracking me, I would be in jail by now, everything I watch is taken from the internet, every movie, every series, everything really. Why would I watch fucking TV lol 30mbit flat internet with no limits or fair usage policies for 30$ a month is all I really need (and have).


I don't personally care what MS takes, I take whatever steps necessary to limit it. I always check my OS, apps and network data. What they take anyway my government takes 10x more. @TV, same here dude. Wink This is nothing but a article designed to put MS down or troll MS release. Probably a disgruntled Linux user who's still pissed his AMD card sucks for games on Linux.

If you want to use Win10, use it. It's nice actually and stable I've been on it for 4+ months. No faster or slower than Win7. It plays all the games. If you are bored of Win7 interface, switch. Or don't it's your choice, just don't let some dumb article like this sway you. You can always go back to your old OS anyway. Always a hater around.. watch Koogle will swing by soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2677

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not affected by this article at all, I also posted a link debunking it, remember? Smile

I am on 8.1 for now. Metro killed, classic start menu shell installed. Pretty much an uglier win 7 but a bit lighter.

There will be an SP1 for win 10 in the next month or so, and I am not in a rush. I am not rushing to fix something that works, and much like google live, cortana doesn't work in my country either so I have like zero incentive to switch to win10 until some dx10 games that I am interested in come out.

cheers Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 5568
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
There will be an SP1 for win 10 in the next month or so, and I am not in a rush. I am not rushing to fix something that works, and much like google live, cortana doesn't work in my country either so I have like zero incentive to switch to win10 until some dx10 games that I am interested in come out.
Ditto
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zarlin
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2010
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:
Most of the information posted about MS taking data. Bahhh... It's all non-identifying data. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/


to me it doesn't matter that it's non-identifying data, what matters is that it is taking I/O and CPU time in background to do something that I have no use for.


Then you better stop using a mobile phone buddy. They track you and everything you do on your phone. Better stop using Google, Bing or whatever. Better stop watching TV too, they keep track of you. Your I/O and CPU complaint are empty arguments because this shit goes on whatever you do that uses the internet. You just want to strike at M$ and be ignorant like Koogle. You are being ignorant just like the people writing these articles who try and act knowledgeable. Like psolord said, block it via your router. I'm sure someone somewhere will come out with an app to help you block or disable it.


You are being ignorant just like the people writing these articles who try and act knowledgeable

And you are not , well thank you so much.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 4299

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarlin wrote:
Tom wrote:
gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:
Most of the information posted about MS taking data. Bahhh... It's all non-identifying data. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/


to me it doesn't matter that it's non-identifying data, what matters is that it is taking I/O and CPU time in background to do something that I have no use for.


Then you better stop using a mobile phone buddy. They track you and everything you do on your phone. Better stop using Google, Bing or whatever. Better stop watching TV too, they keep track of you. Your I/O and CPU complaint are empty arguments because this shit goes on whatever you do that uses the internet. You just want to strike at M$ and be ignorant like Koogle. You are being ignorant just like the people writing these articles who try and act knowledgeable. Like psolord said, block it via your router. I'm sure someone somewhere will come out with an app to help you block or disable it.


You are being ignorant just like the people writing these articles who try and act knowledgeable

And you are not , well thank you so much.......


I feel sorry for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 5568
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for everyone that has to put up with any of the crap MS is pouring out their doors and windows. Pun intended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group