Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Microsoft Launches Windows 7 [28014]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 578
Location: Canada,Hamilton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now win 7 is a waist of time, unless your upgrading from xp.

i had vista from day 1 without issues at all. so ill keep vista till i hear win 7 is safe and stable for games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 1362

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Even after 3 Service Patches it performs about 4 times slower as a Mac using the same hardware."

right.. a fucking useless Mac OS? better than XP? fuck that junk doesn't even come close to being better at anything. Most fucking retarded OS ever, I'd use Linux over that ultranoob crap.

Anyway win7 is shit, and there is still nothing for it that will make it a better than what is already available for XP. If you're one of those noobs who find defaulted crap provided is enough than fine great haf fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
th4t1guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every game I have runs fine in Windows 7....not sure what games you're playing that don't run stable, but it's probably nothing anyone talks about.

Anyways, it's blatantly obvious to just about everyone reading this thread that Koogle has never used win7, or even vista for that matter. Although I would like to see him use linux.
"WOOO!!!! LOOK HOW FAST I CAN SCROLL THROUGH THE ICONS!!! LINUX BLOWS MY LOAD!!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Posts: 497

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow it's a bit silly in here, but that is to be expected in any news item regarding Windows Releases.

Now it just needs someone to mention religion and politics. Oops...

I'm an atheist btw...oh wait that isn't helping. Damn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 1362

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
Every game I have runs fine in Windows 7....not sure what games you're playing that don't run stable, but it's probably nothing anyone talks about.

Anyways, it's blatantly obvious to just about everyone reading this thread that Koogle has never used win7, or even vista for that matter. Although I would like to see him use linux.
"WOOO!!!! LOOK HOW FAST I CAN SCROLL THROUGH THE ICONS!!! LINUX BLOWS MY LOAD!!!!"


Pull your head out your ass and stop talking shit. Face it, its you who hasn't got a fucking clue, its blatantly obvious by your pathetic and very clueless attacks.

yes I've used vista, yes I've used win7.. yes I was involved in the beta testing, yes I provided feedback, yes some of those feedback suggestions were implemented, but no not all them were!, yes I still think its shit, yes my computer hardware is upto date and probably hell of lot better than yours, no I don't like noobshit UI/UX, yes the Win7 Explorer is shite, yes third party extensions on the XP explorer still results in a better eXperience. yes GUI performance should matter especially when its marketed that Win7 is faster. Its clearly not very good at a lot of things most of all its providing a decent user experience for professionals, when they've just gone backwards in the retarded changes. Yes perhaps its good enough for clueless noobs though.


""WOOO!!!! LOOK HOW FAST I CAN SCROLL THROUGH THE ICONS!!! LINUX BLOWS MY LOAD!!!!""

If you weren't such a noob you would see beyond that fucking obvious (ps those Win7 explorer icons/ui sucks aswel). Win7 is a pile of crap for multitasking and working with lots of windows, why would I want to use something slower not just in speed but also crap noob design. When I can get a faster desktop performance in XP and not only that, but with better visual style, and better third party features, and all of it better than the crap provided with Win7. And that includes Aero snap and all the other Aero crap.

"Every game I have runs fine in Windows 7....not sure what games you're playing that don't run stable, but it's probably nothing anyone talks about."

You're an idiot! And I didn't even bring up gaming stability in win7.

Now STFU and go play your games.

And YES you're NOOB!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
th4t1guy
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You're an idiot! And I didn't even bring up gaming stability in win7.


That was a response to someone else's comment. Not everything is about you. And you say MY head is up MY ass? Hahaha!

So you're saying your only experience with win7 and vista is from a beta? I'm not sure if you realize this, but a beta is not the same thing as the final product.
If you're so dead set on increasing the speed of the GUI then:
1) Why didn't you turn off Aero when using 7/vista
2) Why are you even using shell extensions like an idiot adding bloat to explorer when you could just use a shell replacement?
3) Why aren't you using windows embedded?

You might want to at least wikipedia some of what you're talking about before you bash your head on the keyboard to reply so don't continue to look like a complete moron.

I'm not sure why you say multitasking is worse in 7....maybe you should upgrade to a CPU with more than 1 core? I would ask you to post your specs, but then someone would have to teach you why that's not the same as the model number printed on the side of your Hewlett-Packard tower.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2004
Posts: 648

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
th4t1guy wrote:
Every game I have runs fine in Windows 7....not sure what games you're playing that don't run stable, but it's probably nothing anyone talks about.

Anyways, it's blatantly obvious to just about everyone reading this thread that Koogle has never used win7, or even vista for that matter. Although I would like to see him use linux.
"WOOO!!!! LOOK HOW FAST I CAN SCROLL THROUGH THE ICONS!!! LINUX BLOWS MY LOAD!!!!"


Pull your head out your ass and stop talking shit. Face it, its you who hasn't got a fucking clue, its blatantly obvious by your pathetic and very clueless attacks.

yes I've used vista, yes I've used win7.. yes I was involved in the beta testing, yes I provided feedback, yes some of those feedback suggestions were implemented, but no not all them were!, yes I still think its shit, yes my computer hardware is upto date and probably hell of lot better than yours, no I don't like noobshit UI/UX, yes the Win7 Explorer is shite, yes third party extensions on the XP explorer still results in a better eXperience. yes GUI performance should matter especially when its marketed that Win7 is faster. Its clearly not very good at a lot of things most of all its providing a decent user experience for professionals, when they've just gone backwards in the retarded changes. Yes perhaps its good enough for clueless noobs though.


""WOOO!!!! LOOK HOW FAST I CAN SCROLL THROUGH THE ICONS!!! LINUX BLOWS MY LOAD!!!!""

If you weren't such a noob you would see beyond that fucking obvious (ps those Win7 explorer icons/ui sucks aswel). Win7 is a pile of crap for multitasking and working with lots of windows, why would I want to use something slower not just in speed but also crap noob design. When I can get a faster desktop performance in XP and not only that, but with better visual style, and better third party features, and all of it better than the crap provided with Win7. And that includes Aero snap and all the other Aero crap.

"Every game I have runs fine in Windows 7....not sure what games you're playing that don't run stable, but it's probably nothing anyone talks about."

You're an idiot! And I didn't even bring up gaming stability in win7.

Now STFU and go play your games.

And YES you're NOOB!


STFU and go play WOW on XP !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 1362

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are fucking stupid, I pitty you clueless noob fools, carry on using that shit, I laugh at you Very Happy

but then you can't help it, that dumbed down noob junk was designed for idiots like you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2004
Posts: 648

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point is, as long as Linux will not open itself to have all kind of backdoors, security infringements, and other Active-X, there will be no interest from the mafioso Security- and Scare-industry, and so it will be left in the dust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group