Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Weekend Reading - Fallout 3 heading to Xbox 360? [23088]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Weekend Reading - Fallout 3 heading to Xbox 360? [23088] Reply with quote

The Crossing Q&A - 1Up.com has posted
the first online Q&A for The Crossing - In the simplest sense, story missions are single-player shooting with an exception: Naturally intelligent human opponents take the place of A.I. There are two types of players: Elites and skirmishers.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting... first news we hear about FO3 and its going to be in an Xbox 360 magazine? what a way to win over the DAC and NMA cynics Mad
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's awesome and great for the game. PC is becoming the last restort, junk box for developers. Just a hell of a lot more cost effective both pre- and post- delivery of the game.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone loves their Xbox 360, clearly Razz
I have to disagree entirely with what you said though.
I hope you are able to make a logical distinction between the PC and Console gaming market, and realise the shear hate that the Fallout community will have if this ends up being a total flop.
The game will essentially be dumbed down, because a company like Bethesda will not focus two very different versions for two markets, they will have to sacrifice the freedom they have with PC games in order to produce one that will work flawlessly on BOTH platforms.
It's plain to see, Oblivion was pure eye-candy in the eyes of an Xbox user, and the companies stand-point was "Console gamers do not have the time to grasp a complicated RPG, hence we will have to introduce a ridiculous levelling system".
It should not be left to the modders community to fix the errors of game developers! that is why Oblivion is a 'special case' so to speak.
These kind of compromises only stunt creativity in respect to such a massive RPG like Fallout.
I have my serious doubts, but if they manage to pull this one off, it will probably go down in history as a momentous occasion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: