Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Doom 3 [16575]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptStar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
Not everyone is keen on registering to add a comment (this site used to not require such B.S.), but when I see crap like this flying around, I have to say something. I won't disagree with the review on Doom3, but Farcry? Come on! The game is sloppy, full of bugs (they even recalled the 1.2 patch, wtf?) the gameplay tiresome, and the multiplayer is horrible. I guess this is the type of review quality to expect when you blow through games on minimal difficulty, but I smell bullshit and I'm calling it.

First of all, hx created the forums because there were idiots who were commenting, there were idiots spamming, pretty much it was uncontrolled. Now with the forums, we can be moderated.
maga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
maybe ur just a retard and I'm sorry for that. but i couldn't give a crap what your avatar is. i couldn't care less if it truly was your mother. get it yet?

how many kids did you said you have , xxxx ? 2, i remember . You're just a disgruntled Nvidia user, like any other, but you're under 15 years old, so that makes sense....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya not much good when the whole game pits you in darkness eh? but ya, i got a sleu of shots for ya.. i'm gonna be doing a review for another site. this game is getting a 7.5 - 8/10. unlike most reviewers, i don't just go gaga cuz the characters look good(especially when you can't hardly see em in dark). A good game is a complete game and i don't take well to cheap bitmap walls and cheap painted on shadow tricks. i will review it as i see it. it's a great game but it's no state of the art game and the requirements for Ultra mode are a joke. new engine, my butt. this is a modified quake3 engine, that's all.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you believe it if i told you that XXXX is 37-38 years old!? The twat is a total abnoxious asshole that LIVES here on this forum. He's supposed to have 2 children....now who on this planet would want that fucked up piece of DNA for a father! Besides what female would let that dysfunctional test tube ride her.

Yeah XXXX away and "Bump yer Map" it's the only ride you'll get moron!

Come back when you've bought a graphics card LOL
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maga wrote:
xxxx wrote:
maybe ur just a retard and I'm sorry for that. but i couldn't give a crap what your avatar is. i couldn't care less if it truly was your mother. get it yet?

how many kids did you said you have , xxxx ? 2, i remember . You're just a disgruntled Nvidia user, like any other, but you're under 15 years old, so that makes sense....

i have ati too you dumb ass. and how many kids i have and anything to do with my personal life is ZERO to you. ur just a dumb ass gullible test tube baby who has zero knowledge of anything. and u still havent proved to me or anyone in this thread your statements of bump mapping. instead all you done is beat around the bush and talk from your ass.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Would you believe it if i told you that XXXX is 37-38 years old!? The twat is a total abnoxious asshole that LIVES here on this forum. He's supposed to have 2 children....now who on this planet would want that fucked up piece of DNA for a father! Besides what female would let that dysfunctional test tube ride her.

Yeah XXXX away and "Bump yer Map" it's the only ride you'll get moron!

Come back when you've bought a graphics card LOL

ah, from one shit-clinger to the next. Care to show me bump mapping doofus, er i mean stumpus(guy who talks and PROVES NOTHING)...as usual, you present nothing except your stupidit. guess your name is right, ur stumped on everything.
WilderWein
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
WilderWein wrote:
As for the FC vs. D3 thing - FC is an outdoor game and as such it4s the best out there.

HAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ya and BF:Vietnam sucks, SOF2 sucks, BF:1942 sucks oh and Vietcong, oh wait, no UT2k4 sucks too.. Yes, Farcry is amazing..Definitely the best outdoor game. Ya and you got ZERO gaming skills, ZERO gaming knowledge.. go back to your Lame Cry, over rated hunk of junk. ...
I'm still waiting for someone to show me bump mapping in this game, especially for wall textures etc. It's so advanced, Carmack says, that I don't see it.

Wow, here is a penny, go and get brains. Did i said any of the games u mentioned sucked? Nope, but u did. So what? And for the ZERO - thanks for mentioning your IQ, but we all had enough time to see it working. Get over it.

For the bump mapping thingy: Ever looked at the organic things growing at the walls? Well, .. never mind. It was an easteregg, created by Carmack especially for you, cause he knows that you love walls more then anyting else. Did anybody said that ALL walls are bumpmapped? I dont think so. Try keeping on things that are facts, not only the voices you hear in your head. Ppl like you are realy anoying - streching pointless details over the limit, hearing more to their mindcinema then to facts and seemingly having no other hobbys then searching for flaws in others.

So hey, why dont you just go and massage your still growing manhood - it should cool you down.
Sly
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: BumpMapping? Reply with quote

Actually there is atleast one official pic. Someone commented that the shadows projected on the wall behind a monster looked flat in one of the pics and didn't follow the curve of the wall. Carmacks reply was that the shadows are only applied on the wall, and that the supposed curves were actually bumpmaps, and the shadows doesn't follow those.

Is this the difference between bumpmapping and normalmapping?

Lemme see if i can find it. It's the one where a flashlight was being shined on an imp while it was stuck to the ceiling looking down at you.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC is an outdoor game and as such it4s the best out there.

Read your statement numb nuts. Not my fault you failed English 101. It's a stupid comment and about as stupid as the rest of your posts. Learn how to speak in english before you post. FC is the best out there, that's why there are like umm, wohoa, 50 servers! wooooo, truly the best game.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ut04 doesnt have any bumpmapping.
its a great game, yea.. but it doesnt have bumpmapping.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beeep. i'm wrong. ut2k4 supports it but doesn't use it because it doesn't need it. it's definitely available for ut2k4(modding etc) they never saw a use for it for general release.
WilderWein
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
FC is an outdoor game and as such it4s the best out there.

Read your statement numb nuts. Not my fault you failed English 101. It's a stupid comment and about as stupid as the rest of your posts. Learn how to speak in english before you post. FC is the best out there, that's why there are like umm, wohoa, 50 servers! wooooo, truly the best game.

Do you hear voices again? Try to read darling - do you see any single word of MP? Uhoh... try to see a doc in time, ok? Smile

And for my english, thanks for your care, but form the looks of it, it is still enough for you. And now, have a nice day and dont miss your doc.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, just go to school and learn english ok? yours is pathetic, to say the least.
CaptStar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But form the looks of it"
Its called english you moron. We dont speak street or slang or dumb on these forums.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm done with this game and talking about it. it's over rated as i imagined it would be. i'm waiting for HL2 and i know it will be serious kick butt game. maybe i looked too deep in D3 but i just expected more, my mistake. the cheap wall textures/painted shadows really turned me off and the darkness and lack of original story pretty much gave me my negativity. that can't be changed. i'll finish it and shelf it like the majority will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: