Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Days of Console Gaming Numbered? [23444]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Days of Console Gaming Numbered? [23444] Reply with quote

GameDaily.biz has published an interesting article called 'Days of Console Gaming Numbered?'. Here's an excerpt:

ly OS, cross-platform communication and DirectX 10. Adjusting to these new technologies is expensive, but I believe that in the long term the investment will be well worth it for us, our partners, the

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the flames begin. I think he makes a point...But mostly only leading to PC gaming sticking around for a longer amount of time than most predict (thanks to consoles). But I don't see PC taking the place of consoles anytime soon. Of course I am a PC fanboy, but I'm THAT stupid, lol.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt this will happen anytime soon but it makes sense that it will in the long run, and the faster the better for ALL the game developers out there since they will always make a product that will be avaliable to the majority.
Mantrhax
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bet on :

Days of windows vista Numbered?
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another stupid article.

Quote:
Adjusting to these new technologies is expensive, but I believe that in the long term the investment will be well worth it for us

Pure an absolute idiot. Long term? wtf! you have to upgrade your video card every 6-8 months or at least dedicated gamers. There is no investment in a PC it's a money hole. Period. Console you just buy games games and more games and can play it for years "if you wanted".

Cut video card prices upon introduction 50% then you have a viable gaming platform on PC. PC is gonna die eventually because companies like nVidia and ATI gouge people and people are getting smarter and more turned off at PC. Thus why you have dumbass articles like this and the other idiotic one where they measure 1280x1024 and hide from you 1024x768 results..

He makes a point ya like you said? Go buy a PC... that's the only point he makes. Pfff. You only see article like this dumb one because it's these same people that see the PC is dwindling and DYING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: