Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Athlon 64 X2 6000+ available [23138]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: TechNews - Athlon 64 X2 6000+ available [23138] Reply with quote

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor for Sale @ Newegg - Judging by the product description on Newegg, the X2 6000+ is based on AMD's 90nm process technology and runs at 3GHz with 1MB of L2 cache per core. If these specs are accurate, then this chip is the fastest desktop processor in AMD's lineup. Intel

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Safer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I read up about WildTangent, it seems that every creadible spyware detecting software out there recognizses their games and software as evil.
Also, AOL uses the Wildtangent bundle.

And to add further to the soup - Alex, the boss of the company is the "father" of DirectX - making it all more FUD-ier then before.

Gold!

With the danger of having my foot in my mouth at hand, I belive WildTangent is just FUDing.

"Oh it sooooo much more secure then WE want...!"

How the flying frack can it be so secure its broken taking in the fact that there is so little change in the acctual underlying handling of permission in vista?

I blame incomptence, my lack of sleep and foot in mouth!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost of Vista is just so sad. How they expect to entice people to move to Vista with these prices is beyond me. Firstly, I don't buy upgrade CD's and secondly I don't pay $300 for an OS. Upgrade only fits when you have XP in place after that it's just stupid cuz the cd is totally useless unless you sit there like a fool and install XP just to upgrade to Vista... I think their prices are totally insane. Anyone and everyone that would change their OS is looking at > $200. Their protection scheme is also a joke. To put it mildly. I'm running dual boot/Home Premium(as of 2 days ago) and honestly, other than fluff I fail to see any need to upgrade. Good luck to MS trying to sell it. Anyone that knows better will just stick with XP.
Safer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XXXX: The thing is, that it probably will sell pretty good to consumers and OEM packs. Companys with some kind of IT infrastructure won't care for the time being though. Smile

My Ultimate kit will arrive tomorrow, thankfully the company pays for it. Razz
ryno252
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one to judge, but curious to know if XXXX has a legitimate copy of home premium himself. I'm dual booting business and XP home. I can see where Vista will eventually take over. It's the best windows to date in reference to security, features and usability. The pricetag is bloated as usual thanks to no real competition. People will just resort to stealing it as usual.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have tried it plenty, was a beta tester as well. Perhaps a little late into it because of work and life. I've also been testing Office if that matters? I've explored it and tested it on my own. I submitted bugs, was supposed to get a free release of it and lo and behold no email saying so. Likely because I'm not in the States or something. Either way, I get it free eventually and will have to move to it one way or another. I'm personally in no rush for it and yes, I don't plan at all to ever pay $300-$400 for "windows"...To me windows is like a staple- good, everyone needs it and requires it in life. So to know they can put a 3-400 price tag and get away with it shows me people are really asleep. I don't buy Linux or any other OS an alternative in life. Anyhow, who cares?

(I edited my original post because this better reflects my opinion and response to it.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: