Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

13-year-old meets Tetris creator after beating [59194]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:54 am    Post subject: 13-year-old meets Tetris creator after beating [59194] Reply with quote

13-year-old Willis Gibson, the first person to beat the original Tetris, is surprised by game creator Alexey Pajitnov during a Zoom interview with NBC News' Valerie Castro.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bullsh!t.
I beat Tetris about 30 years ago.
I never met anyone when I completed it.
There was no internet back then that's probably why.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
What bullsh!t.
I beat Tetris about 30 years ago.
I never met anyone when I completed it.
There was no internet back then that's probably why.

I definitely believe, but our generation is not used to boasting about everything...besides, without the internet it was a different world. If you weren't at least on BBS (Fidonet), you wouldn't exist. And the vast majority of the world didn't know what a BBS was anyway Smile

By the way, I saw a friend of mine (a very good gamer and a cracker at the same time) playing 3D Tetris (Blackout - you must remember!) with his peripheral vision at max difficulty without any errors Razz While he was explaining something to me Wink
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I remember the name but not the game. Its been yea you know how many years. LOL

I'm am Amstrad CPC464 gamer so most of the kids these days have no idea what that even is. And Tetris? Thats now way even near as old as the Amstrad.

I did have one of those LCD black and white twtris handhelds. I remember the first time I completed it, took me 4 hours. There is no pause, no turn off and on back later, it was full on gaming for 4 straight hours looking at that poorly lit LCD screen and hoped the batteries lasted.

Those where the fun old days. Now its all videos, screenshots and even then some will still think its fake and they want proof.
I've been banned and blocked by many people for calling them glory hounds Why? Thats what they are. They aren't in it for the game, they are just in it for the amount of followers they can get and how many are watching their streams.
I never stream, I can but I dont. Its all set up but I'm no glory hound.
I play the way I play and take my time. Sometimes its a run through, sometimes its a collect everything and look behind every door and under every rock for that secret and 1000 collectables.... I hate those grinds.

ANYWAY, back to tetris.
Yea, I had that handheld. I finished it twice I think? maybe more?
I've played the original on GB emulators as I've never actually had a GB. I think I got it on Switch now? maybe 3DS? its somewhere but not interested in that copy, if I wanted to play it I'll hunt down an original GB and play it on that.

BUT, this story, I didn't read it or watch it or whatever, I was just saying years ago I finished it and no glory but I never cared but kids these days need that care factor as they never got it from their parents who were too busy working to care about their kids so the kids turn to anything for some care, they find it in these news articles. Thinking if all these people saw it and went looking for him then he will get more followers and more likes.
What does he really have? still bad parents and nothing changes in real life so, nothing really.

Kids need parents. If parents are too busy to have kids then DONT HAVE KIDS.
The kids in my state do drugs, burglaries and steal cars. As they are 12yos they get away with it and back on the streets 2 days later. And where are their parents? too busy doing drugs or working to care for their kids whereabouts and wellbeing.

I was there for my kid. Screw the system, I know how to bring up kids right. I was there the whole time and my kid is great, everyone who meets us says so.

Again, back to Tetris....
So, the guy this kid didn't meet, it was just a video chat right? Is he the inventor of tetris, the very first game or the nintendo version? As the game I finished was Tetris but that was about 5 to 10 years before tetris came out on GameBoy which is the most famous version of Tetris.

Its like saying "gone in 60 seconds" is a great movie. They think I'm talking about the Nic Cage version, no the original
Same here, which original version are they talking about?
I should go read the article and find out. But I do have a few valid points right?
Smile
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I watched the video.
The game was release on NES in '89
I was playing it in '93
I completed it at least twice, maybe more?

If I had a NES back then I could've completed it easily. The handheld I has was still Tetris but portable. So todays 3DS version. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: