Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 11 Feature Lets You Reinstall Without [59117]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:10 pm    Post subject: Windows 11 Feature Lets You Reinstall Without [59117] Reply with quote

Coming in 2024 will be a new Windows 11 feature that allows you to reinstall Windows 11 without losing any data or programs.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I built my new rig, I installed Win 10 again, but my license stayed with my old rig. I messed about and it’s simply sensational the speed of loading and gaming. So I seen that I could try Win 11 and not activate it and it would just put up an ‘activate windows’ prompt. (I know I can remove it through the reg) so Win 11 was even better in response to gaming and general win stuff, which shocked me as the amount of neg was nauseating. So I’m sticking with it, probably because I’ve got a 13th gen CPU and high speed M.2 of which I can install 4 in total (I have 4 with Frozr heat sinks) 2 x 3.5 and 3 x SSDs
I got a licence for practically nothing from kinguin. So this is going to be a brill feature.
As I said, my rig is clearly made for Win 11. MSI Tomahawk Z790 WIFI is Gen 5 PCI-E.

If you’re just doing gaming there’s no issues whatsoever.

I removed unnecessary bloat as well.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot wrote:

If you’re just doing gaming there’s no issues whatsoever.

Yeah mate, it's good for running single apps, enjoy!
It's terrible if you want to use it for work though!
(MS pretty much killed the taskbar and with it, any chance to open apps and windows you want quickly)

As for "a new Windows 11 feature that allows you to reinstall Windows 11 without losing any data or programs. "
This has been part of Windows 10 for a long time now.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah mate, I'm a kid in a sweet shop!
I have Mystique lighting connected to my CPU temp and it changes from Green to light/dark blue to Red (though it wont ever get past light blue!)

Even though i could only afford the RTX 4060 TI OC i'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 in 1440 using DSLL etc. (Even though i said i would never buy it) it was on a sale on CDKeys for £18.99 as opposed to £24.99 in sales elsewhere.

I'm 60 with a new lease of gaming life lol

Thanks to my lovely wife for this present!

BTW, Happy New Year to you Csimbi when it comes. I'll be gaming with a bottle in one hand!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"allows you to reinstall Windows 11 without losing any data or programs. "

Ooook. But i run installation of win 10 now and it will reinstall it and keep everything UNLESS i choose "fresh install" which then formats the space I select for the installation. The problem with "keep everything" is that sfc /scannow will repair windows if needed and everything in the registry that is creating potential problems, or apps, will keep creating problems. Reinstalling the Windows, avoiding "fresh, will not fix anything that sfc /scannow doesn't fix.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That feature is certainly interesting, but I don't trust Microsoft to even press a single key, let alone any solid OS recovery without data loss. I'm sure it'll be an unbelievable mess again. But they do marketing very well, I must admit.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
That feature is certainly interesting, but I don't trust Microsoft to even press a single key, let alone any solid OS recovery without data loss. I'm sure it'll be an unbelievable mess again. But they do marketing very well, I must admit.

Agreed. Mostly because SFC never fixed anything for me even when it said it did. Neither did "re-install". Only FRESH install works because there is nothing to fix.
The most hated "fix" path people recommend on forums is "what does windows log say" - that's just a horror show. Windows log is the most useless windows feature ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: