Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Intel i3-12100 Beats AMD Ryzen 3600 [54534]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:58 pm    Post subject: Intel i3-12100 Beats AMD Ryzen 3600 [54534] Reply with quote

ly model is going to give AMD some stiff competition as following a report via TechSpot, it seemingly outperforms the AMD Ryzen 3600 in gaming by a margin of around 7-8%. The Intel i3-12100 is expected to retail for a price in the region of £125-£150. Compared to the circa £250 price tag of the 3600, therefore, whil

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
exceptionally price-friendly model

So, Intel is targeting low end PCs.
Fine with me of course, I was not going to buy one anyway.

Intel beat AMD in a game?
Pfft. Game are not CPU-intensive at all, so what the heck are you talking about?
Do a CPU test for heaven's sake!
Eliminate the GPU from the equation and then measure peak CPU performance and power draw.
We can talk then.

This CPU seems to be the equivalent of an i7-4790K, with a newer GPU, 4 less PCI Express lanes and slightly less power consumption.
If you want this CPU, get the 12100T; with just 100Mhz off the clock speed, you save about half the power draw. Your electricity bill will look a lot more friendly (same, as with the i7-4790T).
This is what 8 years of Intel (d)evolution gets you: 29Watts (or, 10W if you compare the T models).
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=80809,223097,80807,134584

Either way, it proves well that there is still no need to upgrade from a 4790K for gaming.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi, Alder Lake beat all AMD has to offer in desktop range. This i3 is just the cheapest one so far. Something like 12400 beats any Ryzen at almost everything, while being cheaper and using less or same power.
Certainly you wont expect ~$140 i3 to compete in rendering performance, and excell works fine on my 6 year old mobile phone...

Quote:
Either way, it proves well that there is still no need to upgrade from a 4790K for gaming.

depends from game to game and on the GPU (whether you feel you are wasting the GPU power or not)
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Csimbi, Alder Lake beat all AMD has to offer in desktop range.

Well, I am yet to see that because we are seeing gaming benchmarks - which these are not really benchmarking the CPU.
I would love to be proven wrong!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
gx-x wrote:
Csimbi, Alder Lake beat all AMD has to offer in desktop range.

Well, I am yet to see that because we are seeing gaming benchmarks - which these are not really benchmarking the CPU.
I would love to be proven wrong!

Proven wrong about what?
You have a plethora of ADL reviews to choose from, most of them are not just games. If that is what you were asking for. I didn't make any claims, I read them and regurgitated them Razz

edit:
these were fresh in my memory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FJKCVFOa_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0DHG4WP0o

PS. Keep in mind that 5600X is the lowest, in production, offering from AMD for some time. No 3600s, 3300s, 3100s, none of that for some time now.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proven wrong about Intel CPUs sucking ass.

gx-x wrote:

edit:
these were fresh in my memory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FJKCVFOa_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0DHG4WP0o

PS. Keep in mind that 5600X is the lowest, in production, offering from AMD for some time. No 3600s, 3300s, 3100s, none of that for some time now.

In the first video, hairy money does not do benchmarks.
In the second video, hairy money does not do benchmarks and there are no power draw measurements either - he just shows some numbers (which he may have pulled from his ass) where I saw 5600X beating the Intel i5-12400 CPUs consistently.
So how is Intel better?
I don't get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: