Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Players are ready for $70 games [52404]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject: Players are ready for $70 games [52404] Reply with quote

The CEO of Take-Two Strauss Zelnick has reiterated his view that the decision to charge $69.99 for the next-gen versions of NBA 2K21 was the correct one, because the public was uot;readyuot; for a price increase. Here's an excerpt from transcript:

Speaking during the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media &amp

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can raise the price as long as thats INCLUDING the DLC and ALL extras.
We DONT want to pay a higher price for a base game then pay that price again for the DLC and the rest of the game which has been cut out and we are forced to pay double now for.

We say NO MORE DLC. INCLUDE it in the game as its already part of the game and just cut out so you make more money. Put it back in, sell the game in its entirety THEN you can raise the price.

DLC WAS and SHOULD BE an extra made as a thank you to us gamers who buy your game and usually made AFTER release of the full game. AND it used to be free.
These days its made with the game, cut out, delayed for no reason as its already done, charged as much as the full game for 25% of the game so a major rippoff. STOP IT YOU MONEY HUNGRY GAME DEVS. You are just like $ony in it "for the money" NOT "for the players"
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck that!
I hope that people will be boycotting this shite.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s an idiot born every day that will gladly pay ridiculous prices for consoles and games for them. That’s why they charge what they do.
In 30 years I’ve bought PC games, brand new, that are half the price of console shit. As long as there’s idiots then prices will continue to rise.
It’s the “I want it yesterday” mentality because there’s no longer a brick and mortar shop to go to.
So it’s piss easy to suck these mugs in
I hit every online key seller for sales for PC and regularly get steam keys for a quarter to a third of steam prices.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same, I have a huge wishlist on Xbox and Google Play Store. I had an even bigger wishlist on PSN before they killed the wishlist. Now I dont have a clue what I'm missing so their loss. I now buy more xbox games.
BUT, those wishlists ONLY get smaller when the games on them are on sale. Some are brand new games and I wont buy anything on those lists till I see at least 50% off.

$ony did the stupidest thing by killing the wishlist. I had about 50 games in mine and I used to buy at least one a week. Now I haven't brought a PSN game for months. When they killed the wishlist is the last time I brought a PSN game. I think thats actually the last time I brought a PS4 game too.... wow, they really did a huge loss there. From about 4 to 8 games a month to 0. Told ya that was a stupid move they did.
My Xbox is overflowing. I need to buy a bigger HDD. Or just plug in a 2nd HDD. Something the PS4 cant do, run games from multiple HDDs. Again, $ony's stupidity.

They have to be the dumbest games company out there. They killed the Vita years before they should've. They should've turned up the advertising when the Switch came out as I still say its a switch killer. You can play God of War on the train or bus. Cant do anything like that on the Switch. Ghost of Tsushima while waiting for the bus? Thats doable on the Vita. Nothing comes close to that ont he Switch.
How about, at lunchtime, why not a quick strike in Destiny 2.... Cant do that on the Switch. All doable on the Vita. See, they amped up the advertising they could've killed the Switch before it wouldve even got started but no they killed it off, only release firmware to piss off the hackers, nothing more. They dont care about it, they just dont want anyone else to care about it either. They want it to die thats why they are killing it off and not letting the hackers have it. They are assholes $ony are NOT "for the players", they never have been. They are only in it "for the money" and killing the Vita off is proof.
They even give the Vita remote play with the PS5 so they are keeping the console alive for some unknown reason. Why dont they do something with it and say PS5 in the car, PS5 on the bus, train, anywhere. Thats what the Vita can do. That'll halt the Switch sales but they are too stupid to realise the potential their handheld really has. I do, thats why I own 3 of them. All first generations with the aweomse OLED screens. The OLED screens are so good the Switch is about to come out with that same screen. See, Again, the Vita already has OLED screen another push for beating the Switch.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready!

..to pirate them...
Go milk Americans.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're actually saying it right there - raising a price for something we don't need - its a luxury commodity. If you can't pay for it, its not meant for you. Its not like you're going to rob a bank just because you would like a Ferrari, isn't it?

Only shame is, that as long as you want to play it with your friends online, you have to buy it - that's where they are going to get us and that's what is the actual luxury commodity. As long as you don't need this feature and are OK playing it against AI or couch co-op, then sure, you can grab it free of charge from the internet, they know that too ...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KuBr0 wrote:
you're actually saying it right there - raising a price for something we don't need - its a luxury commodity. If you can't pay for it, its not meant for you. Its not like you're going to rob a bank just because you would like a Ferrari, isn't it?

Only shame is, that as long as you want to play it with your friends online, you have to buy it - that's where they are going to get us and that's what is the actual luxury commodity. As long as you don't need this feature and are OK playing it against AI or couch co-op, then sure, you can grab it free of charge from the internet, they know that too ...

No. I am addicted to video games, I must play them. Gaming Industry hooked me.

....ah the good old 2005.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't it crooked in 2005 already, and also before that? I remember I had to buy Diablo 2 to play it over the internet with friends, something unprecedent at that time (2000). In comparison, Q3 had such weak protection that you didn't even need to crack it and could use 0000-0000-0000 cd-key and immediately play it online, so yea, I guess times were a bit better than nowdays Very Happy
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing will beat the ‘shareware’ days of the 90s and PKZip Laughing oh and Kali95 which rocked!
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SABOT's wrote:
Nothing will beat the ‘shareware’ days of the 90s and PKZip Laughing oh and Kali95 which rocked!

You mean ARJ Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: