Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

John Carmack's keynote at Quakecon 2013 [35626]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: John Carmack's keynote at Quakecon 2013 [35626] Reply with quote

ID Tech 5 version that will be powering the new Wolfenstein title. Carmack also revealed that he prefers Intel's CPUs and Nvidia's GPUs. Carmack believes that AMD is catching up and that its GPU hardware is really fast, but lacks when it comes to its drivers software. At least when that is compared to Nvidia's. Carmack

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan, but I have to agree with him concerning the drivers. I had hoped the graphics drivers would improve when AMD acquired ATI, but they're still plagued with instabilities. Overall I've been happy with the performance of the Radeon 6850 which I've used to run Eyefinity for the last couple years, (Nvidia didn't offer a single-card surround solution at the time I bought it), but it's noticeably more "needy" than my previous Nvidia card. Lots of quirky behavior and artifacting that I simply didn't see as much with Nvidia parts and drivers.

We won't even talk about the Rage Fury MAXX that I owned many years ago... *shudder*
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't care less about his opinions, he's a total shillbag cunt.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was building my new rig, I got a radeon 7850, good value performance etc. at time. when I built my machine it was artifacting and just fell over when I played my Empire Total War and same for Shogun 2 and just wouldn't kick in to full speed. Tried all drivers etc. sent it back to amazon and tried another manufacturer. Same again. Then I found this
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/35440-7xxx-Series-AMD-cards-freezes-and-lock-ups-solution-being-debugged-by-AMD?s=892b8b6b511cc1461c38751759a71d5b

Quote:
I can't believe they finally fixed this. This thread was started almost 11 months ago and AMD finally fixed the problem with the card on x58 and x79 chipsets.

Unbelievably bad support from AMD. I contacted AMD as soon as the problem started and they said they were aware of the issue and that I should wait for the next patch. This was in May/June of 2012. I'm glad I didn't wait, got rid of my 7870 and got a GTX 670 to replace it.

And so many people here were blaming CA, saying that it wasn't a driver issue or AMD's fault. I had been a long time AMD owner. Never again.

FYI Shogun 2 is simply an incredible game. I'm glad I have been able to play it.

That summed radeon up

End of story and bought Nvidia, problem solved and total stability. Thanks to Amazons no quibble return.

Ironically I have a radeon 4850 in my old XP machine and its been brilliant and has played superb for a long,long time. I think they have just seriously cut corners on drivers and hardware now.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some toilet paper you are spewwing bullshit again Stumpus. Oh my Tech Buff hero. Pfft. Such a Tech Buff he bought a ATI card, then another ATI card only to have same problem. Fucking genius, oh sorry Tech Buff.

ATI has been the same shit year after year. It's always been bloat drivers, shit quality drivers, where the fuck have you been? Spend some more time reading your tech magazines.

@Koogle. Jealous much? Funny thing is, nobody cares about your opinion either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: