Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links


XBox 720: Blu-ray Inside, Internet Required [32676]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 34883

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: XBox 720: Blu-ray Inside, Internet Required [32676] Reply with quote

VG247 has learned that Microsoft has now detailed Xbox 720 to certain partners and has internally confirmed the machine for a Christmas 2013 release.

The next generation Xbox will have a Blu-ray drive, contrary to a recent report.
Multiple sources have confirmed this morning that the machine will have two GPUs. One

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 08 Jun 2004
Posts: 1351

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spyware in the home with facial, audio recognition and a direct connection to Microscum corp and affiliated government salaried tax parasite infestering scumbum agency drones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ir0nw0lf
Contributing Member
Contributing Member


Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserving CPUs for the OS, etc. is a good idea, that way there will be no fighting over CPUs for resources.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 710

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
spyware in the home with facial, audio recognition and a direct connection to Microscum corp and affiliated government salaried tax parasite infestering scumbum agency drones.


You realize that you can control when it has online access not to mention monitor what information if any gets sent?

Anyways sounds interesting. The two GPU thing seems like a waste unless one is sort of cheap and hobbled and for a certain purpose. Kinect built in seems like a no brainer after the Wii and making sure some actual games use it to good effect. The internet for piracy thing rings hollow to me.

I doubt I will get an Xbox though unless it's just all around perfection. Kinect is useless (I don't want to get up and move I want to sit on my couch). Wii fits the bill more often than not. The new Wii hopefully will be as easy to softmod as the the first one. Having all the games on a USB drive is friggin handy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 393
Location: North Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You realize that you can control when it has online access not to mention monitor what information if any gets sent?
Really? Where are you reading that? I seriously doubt Micro$haft will not try to have a fully network-aware appliance out of this device this time around. Like a "BORG-in-a-Box" where they can better track you. Makes only logical sense to move this way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 710

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Quote:
You realize that you can control when it has online access not to mention monitor what information if any gets sent?
Really? Where are you reading that? I seriously doubt Micro$haft will not try to have a fully network-aware appliance out of this device this time around. Like a "BORG-in-a-Box" where they can better track you. Makes only logical sense to move this way.


You mean like cookies and the flash cookies that have been around for ages on the PC? The Xbox will be broken down and all aspects will be checked to see what can be done to mod it once it's released. If you're that concerned you can keep it unplugged when not in use. If you don't know how already you learn how to view what exactly is sent from the xbox to any external address. You can do this with any device really. If this scares you that much then smartphones must be number one public enemy.

I don't understand the problem. You don't have to buy these products if you're that concerned. If you do buy them you have the devices and can keep tabs on what is going on. Facebook requires you to signup and Google requires you to actually use them as well. You don't have to use any of this stuff.

The new version of Xbox I doubt is any worse than what you have now with the 360 and kinect. I imagine if anything the biggest risk is that someone like your neighbor can use your xbox as an IP camera and catch you jerking off or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mantrhax
Contributor
Contributor


Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet Required

Oh another MS FAIL

So, no Xbox 720 for me, since i use it the most at my countryside house without internet.. bye ms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 393
Location: North Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. We want this new Sh*T and we're willing to compromise ourselves because it will make the precious gen of consoles look beyond poo. I never buy the "you don't need it". Actually the pull factor will be too great to not want this and once more you are forced into connectivity to the BORG HIVE. When is enough ENOUGH? I would hack this SH*T so fast to stay OFF the GRID.

I DO NOT trust the Internet to always be there in the future so any device/game/app that does not rely on it just to launch is a progressive/sustainable piece of business.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Majnun
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 10 May 2005
Posts: 235

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacon, actually you can't leave it unplugged when you use it...that's kinda the point. It must be online at all times (unless you mod it of course).

My problem is that I live in a really rural area and can't even get broadband here. No wireless, not even satellite because of too many trees (not that I would get satellite anyway).

Unless they finally get around to pushing that broadband act through so everyone in the US has access to real broadband internet I guess I won't be getting the new xbox either. Of course I didn't bother getting the 360 till almost 3 years after it came out so whatever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2080

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to this product. Not because I want to buy it (I don't) but because games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls might finally get a new engine after 5 years since TES3: Oblivion came out. I am sick of this engine exploitation that goes on for years. I am amazed that people buy these games (games like FO: new vegas, TES Skyrim) for PC, they look way outdated.

Also, this xbox720 specs sound wrong. Why would they use yesterday's tech for tomorrow's hardware? Especially using tahiti (radeon 7xxx) instead of kepler makes no sense. Why use less efficient tech in terms of power consumption, heat and performance per watt? It even costs more then kepler. What's next? Are they gonna pair up the tahiti and AMD bulldozer? xD Now that would make one hell of an EpicFail720 box...
_________________
-~ Trolling your forums since 1999 ~-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 578
Location: Canada,Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim looks our for the pc? Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2080

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darknothing wrote:
Skyrim looks our for the pc? Lol


wut?
_________________
-~ Trolling your forums since 1999 ~-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 710

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I am looking forward to this product. Not because I want to buy it (I don't) but because games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls might finally get a new engine after 5 years since TES3: Oblivion came out. I am sick of this engine exploitation that goes on for years. I am amazed that people buy these games (games like FO: new vegas, TES Skyrim) for PC, they look way outdated.

Also, this xbox720 specs sound wrong. Why would they use yesterday's tech for tomorrow's hardware? Especially using tahiti (radeon 7xxx) instead of kepler makes no sense. Why use less efficient tech in terms of power consumption, heat and performance per watt? It even costs more then kepler. What's next? Are they gonna pair up the tahiti and AMD bulldozer? xD Now that would make one hell of an EpicFail720 box...


True that's about the only good thing to come from new consoles. Hardware wise we'll see.

Majnun wrote:
Bacon, actually you can't leave it unplugged when you use it...that's kinda the point. It must be online at all times (unless you mod it of course).

My problem is that I live in a really rural area and can't even get broadband here. No wireless, not even satellite because of too many trees (not that I would get satellite anyway).

Unless they finally get around to pushing that broadband act through so everyone in the US has access to real broadband internet I guess I won't be getting the new xbox either. Of course I didn't bother getting the 360 till almost 3 years after it came out so whatever.


You can play just fine if you can mod the xbox to play games off a usb drive. No internet connection required. Xbox isn't needed though since you can just play the same games on your PC if you have one. This way you won't waste your time on a garbage game since you can demo it.

Seriously though if you don't agree with what they're doing why buy it? There are plenty of workarounds and alternatives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 3641
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet required? No problem. I was hesitating to buy one, but that just made sure I ain't buying it. I just saved loads of money for the next Playstation I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 710

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Internet required? No problem. I was hesitating to buy one, but that just made sure I ain't buying it. I just saved loads of money for the next Playstation I guess.


The PS4 requires you use it with a Sony brand TV only. Sorry to shit on your day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group