Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Fast Five tops list of most pirated movies in 2011 [32165]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Movie theater experience cannot be substituted by home cinema of any kind (I am talking 30-50 inch TVs) and it's worth watching the movie in theater if you like it.
Hahah absolutely it can. You just haven't been keeping up with A/V tech. Too much to say against why NOT to go to movie theaters thats long since been covered but the pluses for home vastly out-weight the minuses in favour of home viewing for whats out there.

Anyway, I grabbed all those top downloaded movies but I grabbed them NOT using the usual sources. Just love collecting movies to share among my entire family and friends. So transportable via key drives, maintaining high quality (not BR but WTF do we need to see someone's sweat pores and blades of grass?!?!) with 5.1+ Surround, etc etc...

Couldn't care less about their profits when every time a blockbuster seems to come out it breaks records since little Johnny is taking his new GF to see it to impress her. All good people.. there will always be kids to go watch these flicks to sustain the model.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Quote:
Movie theater experience cannot be substituted by home cinema of any kind (I am talking 30-50 inch TVs) and it's worth watching the movie in theater if you like it.
Hahah absolutely it can. You just haven't been keeping up with A/V tech. Too much to say against why NOT to go to movie theaters thats long since been covered but the pluses for home vastly out-weight the minuses in favour of home viewing for whats out there.

Anyway, I grabbed all those top downloaded movies but I grabbed them NOT using the usual sources. Just love collecting movies to share among my entire family and friends. So transportable via key drives, maintaining high quality (not BR but WTF do we need to see someone's sweat pores and blades of grass?!?!) with 5.1+ Surround, etc etc...

Couldn't care less about their profits when every time a blockbuster seems to come out it breaks records since little Johnny is taking his new GF to see it to impress her. All good people.. there will always be kids to go watch these flicks to sustain the model.

you just don't have a 20+ meter screen covering your field of view. No cinema I have been to so far can match my hi-fi/hi-end audio setup, but they can all blow me away with visual experience.

besides, I mentioned LCDTVs and Plasma screens, I didn't mention your own private cinema room with 1080p or dual 1080p projectors for 3D and desirable distance for viewing. Home projectors ARE NOT part of my remark.
and if you have a 50" TV cinema is still far better. I don't care if it's 3D, even 2D good cinema is better. Immersion is far far better.

and most of you guys don't have audio setup to cover your 3D TVs etc. My audio is worth like 2x50" 3D TVs xD

to call your home cinema close to "theater experience" you need something like this:

so don't fool yourself....
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice to have one of those.
I wonder how much a home theater like that would cost...
This was my first home theater system:
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was never HT system. I have Grunding make TV, color, still works, looks like that from pic. 35-36 years old now. That's just TV, like a todays 32 or 42" TV. Whoever told you that is HT system Display and made you believe it - is a great sales man. Very Happy
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always come up wayy ahead of you theater goers in the long run.. Why? Because a) I share everything to all others who would otherwise never see the movie ever b) I save considerable cost in the long run c) I save lots of time on doing it all in-house, d) the Home Theater does wayy more than watch movies, what do actual theaters do beyond watch mere movies? e) I can change the entire A/V experience within a short time period to suit changing tech. How long do theaters take to retrofit compared to the home? f) my home can suit what I WANT rather than f**king lugan teenagers disrupting the experience.. Shall I go on with the reason why the Theater experience will ultimately be FAIL BAIT in this model? Enuff said..
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
that was never HT system. I have Grunding make TV, color, still works, looks like that from pic. 35-36 years old now. That's just TV, like a todays 32 or 42" TV. Whoever told you that is HT system Display and made you believe it - is a great sales man. Very Happy

Sure it was.
Only at that time, the definition of home theater was different - if you had a TV, you were the "king of the hill".
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
I'll always come up wayy ahead of you theater goers in the long run.. Why? Because a) I share everything to all others who would otherwise never see the movie ever b) I save considerable cost in the long run c) I save lots of time on doing it all in-house, d) the Home Theater does wayy more than watch movies, what do actual theaters do beyond watch mere movies? e) I can change the entire A/V experience within a short time period to suit changing tech. How long do theaters take to retrofit compared to the home? f) my home can suit what I WANT rather than f**king lugan teenagers disrupting the experience.. Shall I go on with the reason why the Theater experience will ultimately be FAIL BAIT in this model? Enuff said..

We were talking ONLY about movies, nothing else. I guess if you have connections or work in theater you can hook up PC to the projector and game Very Happy

Besides, theater is a different experience, especially if you watch a 3D movie. They don't need to retrofit anything unless it's some old theater. Most modern theaters already have good surround systems, great ones can make a quake with subwoofers, literally, while I can make similar effect in my apartment, it's unlikely that I can push 600 watts and 130db without getting neighbors to ring my bell Very Happy (they don't complain when I push ~200 watts which is more than satisfactory for an ~18m2 room Razz )

Anyway, home theater and real theater are different experience all together, both have their pros and cons.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep and Home Theater has more pros then does the actual Theater will ever now have. Wink Back in the day, yep, actual Theater was the way to go but now? Absolutely not. Not in this fast-paced society and "lugan" generation of general teenage dumb-a*sery! Very Happy
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, to me it's like headphones versus loudspeakers...on the other note, I really cannot afford 100" 3D screen lol
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent 7.2 Surround systems are worth every penny. As they say in A/V circles: there is NOTHING called over-kill. Smile

Further, current 60" LEDs are more than enough and decent ones start at $1200 being ~120Hz. Like I said, such setups are not restricted to just movie watching. Wink
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Decent 7.2 Surround systems are worth every penny. As they say in A/V circles: there is NOTHING called over-kill. Smile

Further, current 60" LEDs are more than enough and decent ones start at $1200 being ~120Hz. Like I said, such setups are not restricted to just movie watching. Wink

wait a sec. 60" LED what? LED is just type of screen light, there are TN screen screens with LED (as opposed to CCFL type) and as I said, 60" compared to 1000" is pretty much small Very Happy Also, I'd rather get an 1080p projector for 1200$ and have a 100-200" picture on a good backdrop panel.

My local cinema can reproduce every type od DD or DTS sound, be it 7.1 or even 8.1 (number of subwoofers in the .X parameter depends on the room acoustics, .2 is usually more then enough to eliminate any bass holes and to negate standing waves, 4 is almost perfect, depending on positioning , phase and of course room/hall itself.

yet, having 7.1 on a 5.1 movie needs to employ some kind of DSP to re-calculate positioning and as far as I cans ay, it far from perfect, I'd rather just go direct mode and employ only 5.1 for 5.1 encoded audio stream just as I would go for 2 speakers for listening to stereo music. More does not always equal better.

anyway, I still stand by my preference, having a small home theater setup myself, theater has pros in means of picture size, loudness and immersion. To rival it you really need a small home theater like the ones on the pictures I posted above. Everything else is fine, but it's just that, fine.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right but who has time these days to travel to get to it? I'd rather sit @ home in my underwear with my brews watching anything I want without the BS of theater time. Its like the arcade: once consoles became mini arcade shops that ended that era. So have current A/V setups coupled with the fact the theater experience is now a chore whereas before it was an event. I want control over my experience, not some corp exec.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, If you need an hour to go to the movies, half more to get tickets and seats than yes, it's a chore. I can't imagine that you have lack of theaters in Toronto? o.O
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Theaters aren't remotely a problem.. its the setup time, lugan teenage gangs, cost of popcorn/drinks, etc etc that are turn-offs. Further, we're not a family who will go see anything 0 hour like we used to. We're much smarter than that. We're more patient to wait for a TS/R5 or the DVD/BRrip regardless + we can share the content quickly since everyone now has USB-aware players (in my family now they do). Complete win-win.

Sure we'll go theater-bound once and a while if its a SUPER GOOD movie but, meh.. we're long past the infantile "bragging rights" point Wink
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love going to the theater with friends! But pirating has nothing to do with price or something else!
It's just the feeling of being screwed after seeing some hollywood bullshit, that you get after leaving the theater! I have better ways to spend my money than supporting USA's retarded cinema industry! SORRY!
So, i do pirate to see stupid movies like those in the most pirated list!
We see them with my girl, friends etc.

And watching movies in home is way better experience than going to cinemas these days!
I dont have home cinema theater system of any kind!
I just got a 27inch monitor, some decent Panasonic 5.1 surround and thats it!
The company is what makes it nice at home! The company is what makes it nice in the theater BUT the fukin retarded people who eat pop-corn so loud, cellphones, some idiot jerk trying to impress some chick as loud as hi can get..... those things just dont work for me! And they are as common as everything these days!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: