Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - First 4 TB hard drive on sale in Japan [32115]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: TechNews - First 4 TB hard drive on sale in Japan [32115] Reply with quote

Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E Processor - The Core i7-3930K runs at about 100 MHz
slower than the Core i7-3960X  and the program and
application performance seen with that frequency gap is about what you
would expect: 2.5% in areas where the CPU performance is a straight
bottleneck. If the perfo

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First 4 TB hard drive on sale in Japan

About 3-4 years ago - when perpendicular recording was the most popular buzz-word - it's been predicted we would be using >6TB drives by now. I guess either the prediction was bad or, the market is being manipulated. Looking at the latest HDD pricing fiasco, it is the later.

As for the HDD itself. Thanks, nice. One can only hope that it's not going to be the next death-star. Also, the pricing has to come down to the 120-150 range for this drive to start selling in large volumes; at that price, it is not a viable alternative for home users that are planning to build a NAS. Just look at the per-gigabyte cost of available alternatives and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Impact of Thailand Flooding to Affect HDD Supply Into 2013

You built the factory to the wrong location. Your bad, so you should take responsibility and swallow the costs. BTW, I am sure your insurance company will compensate you for it. So, get over it and don't pump up the prices artificially because you can only loose more with that - people will have switched to SDD by the time you rebuild your factories.

Quote:
Forget 3D, here comes the QD TV

I am not one of those monkeys that bought into the 3D business.

Quote:
Bill Gates officially says he's not coming back to Microsoft

That is good news. It would be even better if Ballmer left, too.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one factory in Thailand that services the entire hard drive industry? Prices are inflated much like gas gets inflated. I won't buy a hard drive at these prices. SSD's on the other hand are the same price even if smaller by over 900GB but the performance is well worth it. Hard drives are still the biggest bottleneck in a PC not to mention console still.

The 3D was always a gimmick since they really have nothing new to offer consumers besides a slight refresh on the same TV's not to mention remade movies. I picked up a new 1080p 120Hz LED 42" for 340 dollars. It's for the kids and I can't see spending more than five hundred on a TV lcd or plasma even unless it was 55" or bigger. I have a Panasonic plasma that has astounding picture quality not to mention features. It blows away any LCD I've seen and the only ones that look better are the newer Panasonics and Samsungs. When I say look better I mean slightly as you won't be able to tell much of a difference with HD cable and the real difference comes when you watch a blu ray. My panny is about five or six years old now and I can't justify upgrading the TV until I see some actual improvements.
gyrestena
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does a cancer patient with tuberculosis have after being put on narcotics? My friend, hes probably around 70, has tuberculosis and lung cancer. He is about to be put on narcotics. How long does he have?

Last edited by gyrestena on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gyrestena wrote:
How long does a cancer patient with tuberculosis have after being put on narcotics? My friend, hes probably around 70, has tuberculosis and lung cancer. He is about to be put on narcotics. How long does he have?

Why do you enjoy sexual relations with deceased people?

Hopefully you understand the actual lesson here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: