Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Steves Jobs Dies at 56 [31733]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Steves Jobs Dies at 56 [31733] Reply with quote

Steven P. Jobs, the charismatic technology pioneer who co-founded Apple Inc. and transformed one industry after another, from computers and smartphones to music and movies, has died. He was 56. He had resigned as chief executive of Apple in August, after struggling with illness for nearly a decade, including a bout wit

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest in piece!
Im no fan on Apple either but this guy was amazingly inspiring.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I haven't been a fan of his, but I do respect what what he has done for the computing industry as a whole. His vision is a thing that will be missed in the years to come. May he be at peace, and I wish his family well.

I agree, R.I.P. Steve.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richest company in the world, and what is it worth when it comes to your health?
Nothing........ Money can't buy you life. Put's things in perspective a bit.
So sad.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to sound as an a$$hole, but isn't this mass histeria a little bit out of spec ? The whole world suddenly suffers from the dead of the man that brought us the irritating kids and guys with earplugs in the bus, in the streets, and on the way to the sports fields, completely isolated from the world around them, and acting as selfish, uninterested individuals, and overall health in Western regions suffering from too much radiation & mass headaches ? ....
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozieo wrote:
I'm not trying to sound as an a$$hole, but isn't this mass histeria a little bit out of spec ? The whole world suddenly suffers from the dead of the man that brought us the irritating kids and guys with earplugs in the bus, in the streets, and on the way to the sports fields, completely isolated from the world around them, and acting as selfish, uninterested individuals, and overall health in Western regions suffering from too much radiation & mass headaches ? ....

I can agree somewhat on what you say but I'm more inclined to say who cares that he died in general. He wasn't the person responsible for all they laud on him. Steve Wozniak is a much more interesting individual and had more influence on how we use technology than Steve Jobs ever could have. Hell if anyone computer wise gets this much media attention it should be Bill Gates and MS. I can't imagine what would have happened in MS or Gates place. Worse? Better? Who knows.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
Ozieo wrote:

I can agree somewhat on what you say but I'm more inclined to say who cares that he died in general. He wasn't the person responsible for all they laud on him. Steve Wozniak is a much more interesting individual and had more influence on how we use technology than Steve Jobs ever could have. Hell if anyone computer wise gets this much media attention it should be Bill Gates and MS. I can't imagine what would have happened in MS or Gates place. Worse? Better? Who knows.

Could not agree more with that.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly, all the respect for Jobs, he was a man with a vision, but don't make him God. Apple's primary motives where and still are, to keep computers & related reserved for the rich & well-offs, something they didn't succeed in thanks to Microsoft.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont think Steve Jobs has to do anything with the sales department. The dude was simply pushing it forward with his ideas, and there are people to finance his ideas. Thats how he did it in the first place, so...
A briliant guy needs money, and the corporations do that - they turn your ideas into profit!
Steve Jobs didnt just created those tech stuff, one of the thing that i admire him the most is that he was the founder of PIXAR!

And on the other side, the whole hype with Ibrand i not for the rich wealthy guys, its for the idiots that worship those 2$ worth plastics made in China!!!
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The death of 'Jobs' in America...

Think different Wink or not at all.

I think stumpus said it best really..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: