Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Battlefield 3 Open Beta Begins [31699]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Battlefield 3 Open Beta Begins [31699] Reply with quote

Battlefield Blog has word that the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 is up and running for everyone.

Starting today, we are happy to invite all players to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta! You can find the download instructions for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC below. For PlayStation 3 users in North America, expect the Open

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
LuCi
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This beta is complete fail. I haven't been able to get origin to properly launch bf3 the entire day. The forums have the bug listed as an open issue. Yeah, battlelog to origin to bf3.exe WORKS GREAT EA. Glad you came up with an alternative to steam that is so fluid.
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this just yet.

The 'launching BF3 via a browser' concept was an absolute terrible idea. I hate it intensely. My firewall has a hard time detecting the 'plugin' trying to ping servers for that 'quick match' function. I can't figure out what ports it needs open and it's not prompting me to open them up... SIGH! I've had to disable my FW to play.

The crashes to desktop are becoming increasingly annoying... losing precious early progress is infuriating. Add to that the weird glitches where you get killed by a corpse and I find it hard to pre-order this game. I NEED to know this kind of shit won't be in the full release.

BUT, even with all the issues, seeing how pretty this game is on the rig is by far outweighing any of the negatives, as bad as they are. Every now and then I get glimpses of perfection, and it fills me with glee (yah gay i know... whatever the fuck ever).

If they ever fix the issues that are plaguing the beta we are in for a treat here, if our (i.e. your) rigs can handle it.

Once again, Eyefinity + CrossFireX FTW!! Very Happy

If anybody knows how to display the framerate, I'd love to spend some time tweaking the settings to make sure I've got 60FPS on avg.

PS. The PS3 version (which I've also tried) is in MUCH worse shape than the PC version, which is great news imho (i.e. it makes my decision for which platform very easy). You can't even join a game with friends and stay together in a squad.

PPS. If anyone wants to try squading up on PC, my handle is the same there as it is here.
Smiley_ie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive being playing ARMA 2- PR and Red Orchestra 2 Heroes Of Stalingrad, Played BF3 for an hour and it really seemed a complete mess to me it's like they asked Michael Bay to make it.
I enjoyed BC2 for what it was but i thought DICE would have gone back to BF2 roots and made a good game !
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BF3 beta is received by the main crowd how it was predicted to be received, horrible, full of bugs, not amusing, exactly what might be expected from over-hyped releases.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't login either. Tried all my 3 PCs. Why on earth didn't they release a decent single player demo and be done with it? Or at least give the option for single player vs bots in case you'd fail to connect. Motherfuckers.

On a side note, Origin did do something right at last. You can now just copy the game from one PC to another (inside their Origin folders of course) and when you go to the second PC, it just verifies the files, not download them all over again as it did before. See EA, it was not that hard!
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problems i have with the beta are the Nvidia BETA drivers for the game... my PC freezes and needs reboot.
Otherwise the game runs perfectly on my new rig Cool
This is BETA, so bug and crashes are normal! They will be present even after the release of the game - this is common and normal for all the games ever made, so nothing new and no surprise here!

I even like the browser integration, lol. I was pesimist about it but it turns out to be quite nice!

The only thing i cant get out of my head is the feeling that this game is just the DLC we didnt get for BFBC2.... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: