Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

DICE: Battlefield 3 too complex for mod tools [31256]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: DICE: Battlefield 3 too complex for mod tools [31256] Reply with quote

DICE has been avoiding the question of Battlefield 3 mod tools on the PC ever since the game was revealed, often giving vague answers like \'we don\'t know\' or \'nothing has been announced\'. Now DICE executive Patrick Soderlund, speaking to German Gamestar magazine (thanks BF3Blog) said that Battlefield 3 would not b

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Battlefield 3 too complex for mod tools

Not that I give a damn about this game, but this is the worst excuse I heard thus far, lol
Taking it a step further, if I was a BF3 modder that is, I would find this rather offensive; who are you calling dumb, dumb-dumb?
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are scared the destruction will be so big it will crush the game into a flat pancake.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lame excuse. Ya nobody out there would welcome the challenge at all.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, WTF is this bullshit! Very Happy
If its tooo complex how they expect anyone will buy their engine ?
And yes, that's offensive! WTF, modders MAKE a frigging games! Fuckers!
Well, ill be playing with RAGE and Skyrim mod tools then Cool
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words..

"Utter c*cksucker!"

How gawd damn DARE YOU for being so frick'n condescending to the paying public that WE cannot figure out how to mod your game?

Guess what dumbnuts? Its been proven time and TIME AGAIN that the general public's modding teams have more talent than you paid developers who concentrate more and more on "locking down" your content with pathetic DLCs and stifling creativity then allowing your work to expand by allowing the community to build up your foundation.

I utterly FLAIR UP when I hear the bloody arrogance and "lower than" attitude like this dev/pub bas*ard! This is PRECISELY the reason the whole industry has become much to corporate and NOT about the gamer and creating a true classic video game. Dick!

FYI.. I am one of the premiere Dawn of War 1 veteran modders and we've done some things to the game engine that go well-beyond the original game. Thankfully, years ago, both the game dev and the modding community complemented one another and created tools that, to this day, are the envy of PC modding.
Kompressor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are probably too stupid to play it too, so what's the point in buying it?
eudolus
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i abandoned the game some time ago,.

It was mainly because of origin, i was damned if i was gonna use their service, same as if activision started their own.

But this is what really pissed me off the most.

BF3 is becoming more and more noob friendly and isnt being developed for the longevity of the game.

Competitive modable games brings a long lasting game to the table.

But here we have a game that is simplified, with shit like scopes on snipers flashing 3d spotting that tells the noobs and helps them udnerstand where to go and what to do, and bringing a bc2 gamemode like rush into bf3 that funnels players into a fuckfest of fail rather than giving players more choice. like removing commander and commo rose.

The only difference i am seeing of bf3 to bc2 is prettier gfx more players on the pc and jets. They might as well have called bc3.

Im sorry but i dont want to play games infested and caters to the noobs like cod was, bf2 and cod2 will still go down as the pinnacle of fps gaming to me, where skill actually mattered.

i may be alone on this, but this mentality of considering the gamer as just a gamer is pissing me off.

anyone else care to join me on red orchestra 2's release date, they have mods coming with the game and its $30 less, oh and mod tools.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course its going to be difficult for players to make a mod let alone a map when you fucking dickheads aren't providing the same damn tools you're own designers use..

fucking EA /Dice twats

like I'm buying dlc map pack shit or this game for that matter based on this joke of an excuse.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you people waisting your breath on this asshole? Let him eat his own shit and die just like all those corporate EA and the like bastards. There's still a few devs ready to supply modding tools for the community... And you can also download freely the UDK and make your own damn game. Who knows...Rage might offer even easier to use mods so let's not loose hope in what matters most to keep a game alive.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Guess what dumbnuts? Its been proven time and TIME AGAIN that the general public's modding teams have more talent than you paid developers who concentrate more and more on "locking down" your content with pathetic DLCs and stifling creativity then allowing your work to expand by allowing the community to build up your foundation.

And they use only a hex-editor and home-brew tools. Image the possibilities when they were not held back...
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! Its amazing how much we get done even without full tools. Granted, official tools are welcome but in the end they don't come close to what the community can build for themselves.

Still.. modding = expanding the game into other realms never thought possible = more sales on the product. DLCs just offer a "paltry teaser" that doesn't come close to the "creative explosion" doled out by passionate modders.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said this whole franchise, EA and Dice are all bullshit, didn't I? Their games are major fucking cheat infested on PC too. BC2 gamers are so fucking stupid too, they didn't include real deathcam so you can't truly follow anyone. Uh duh wtf you think they really did that for? You can say, oh man that was taken out to hide the players location. Bullshit.

RO2, well RO was also cheat infested but I bet a lot of morons bought onto the VAC+PB. I enjoyed it for a few months, it was a good game but only a fucking idiot couldn't tell people weren't cheating. Too many n00b PC gamers that either don't know jack shit or tolerate the shit. DNF forums are a joke, go there and read the shit on the GB forums, my god, so many fucking idiots there. No SDK but a lot of morons who accept it and are salivating at the mouth to pay for more content. Fucking sad.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Tom, but why are you using the 'f' word so often?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Right Tom, but why are you using the 'f' word so often?

Fuck I don't know man. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fuck its a word in the dictionary, guess it all depends on how you interpret it. Don't take it so personal. I'm Canadian and I say Hey and Fuck all the time. And I drink Tim Hortons. Does that answer your question? Laughing

Not my fault, idiot is censored and fuck isn't? Ask Hx if my answer is not good enough.

Even more funny is that when you look at the comments for articles, the language filter doesn't work but it does when you are in the actual forum thread. PHPBB is such crap. Sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: