Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

This is Windows 8 (video) [31059]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: This is Windows 8 (video) [31059] Reply with quote

Microsoft has revealed details about Windows 8.

As we know already, Windows 8 will be ARM-based as opposed to the
traditional x64 architecture. Now we have more details about
specifically how Windows 8 will look, feel, and behave:

- For those familiar with Windows Phone 7, Windows 8 will feel
familiar

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new interface looks like crap. Might be useful for portables, but...desktop? Seriously? If it uses less resources than 7, it might be good after disabling all that bloaty crap, but that's probably just wishful thinking.
bgione
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice UI...for a tablet/smartphone, and I think it's probably one of the best for this type of uses. but I really hope that's NOT the final UI design for PCs or they'll prepare something useful for mouse/keyboard users and so called "powerusers". Or at least leave Aero intact, because it's still useful for some people (and yes, I'm aware Koogle will come and call everyone finding Aero useful retards, but well, OPINIONS). and probably win95 UI for the whiners.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looks like a n00b oriented OS. I'll stick with Win7 thanks.
Venom1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst crap i ever seen.
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Looks as a dumb oriented os Reply with quote

It could be good for a inexpert or dumb apple user, but for people that have some knowledge about computers or works with COMPUTERS will be probably not appropriate.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped looking at the clip after the sentence "Hi everyone..."
imgarfield
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprising it may seem, this was out on June 1st, not on April 1st.
Who would have known...
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like shit to me, wont be installing in on my desktop or laptop.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be ok for a vending terminal in the middle of nowhere, but at home and in the office for gaming a productivity apps?!?!
I would not put it on my mobile, neither. Blackberry is already better than this.
Which planet did this guy come from? It appears that he has no clue what people want from their PC and their handset - and wants to push some flashy, useless crap on everyone that usually Apple provides...
Hundreds of millions of PCs with this? Meh, you're lucky to sell 1-10 million copies to you fanboys...
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this Winbloat 8 negativity isn't leaving me much room guys Razz This is basically Window media center contemporary crap infested within the actual desktop, only its not in the actual desktop behind the taskbar and working like a better version of sidebar gadgets, its either to the side or fullscreen takeover.. using some oversized tile based UI.. Clearly not where any actual professional/enthusiasts/developers will want to be using their PC for work or even entertainment ..got better programs for that than dumbed down efforts MS provide etc... its like can't they get anything done right!?!! oh and totally fucking dumbed down.

Notice how the actual Areo desktop experience and file explorer looking 'barely touched' ...get it Razz... same old hardcoded crap... Still won't be able to adjust or get to the inner workings of the hot-track coloring crap for taskbar buttons, adjust the taskbar/tray padding distances through visual style theming... yadda yadda yadda etc etc etc I guess the upper management took a look at http://www.aerotaskforce.com/ and saw to much actual work they wouldn't be doing anyway. Just easier to please the noobs and intellectual stupids by coaxing them into using a newly infested connected cloud based setup with feeds from lamestream twisted news bullshit with socialtard services like like twitter, failbook to live shite, and any other developer and corporation wanting to get in a tile of their own, trying to get more people using these services for brainwashington to subdue the ignorants with experiences and twisted collectivist infotainment crap directly to your connected winshit8 OS.

All just easier to make something new and towards that cloud based agenda, than actually get on with the job of providing actual improvement fixes and enhancements to the existing desktop, features/management areas. I guess the Explorer team probably already back to twiddling their fingers.. well after implementing a ribbon o'fail, job done, because there isn't like a fucking mountain of shit that could be done to improve core OS applications file/folder/server settings customization and the Explorer ui, window layout, handling itself etc etc. Oh well at QTTaBar/classic explorer will be broken again...where is the actual fucking improvements MS?

Will services.msc still open up in a 800x600 size piddly window, and forget any window/column settings after closing.

Will Explorer shell and thumbnail handling,and and and and and.. still be fucking shit?

Will Dx12 with 8 exclusive Razz

Will all these questions be left for win 9 -no doubt the true cloud OS , all your data our belong to us...

Will I ever just start using Linux
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Will services.msc still open up in a 800x600 size piddly window, and forget any window/column settings after closing.

That is sooo annoying! Like peeping through an ahole...

I guess providing support does not pay as well as selling the next bug-infested interation...

I use WinDOS on only one of my PCs now - all others are Linux already... Once I can play games properly on Linux, I'll say goodbye to WinDOS.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a joke right? Even on mobile I would just replace this with android OS...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
This is a joke right?

It did not come out on the 1st of April, so it might be the sad truth.
MS is shooting itself in the leg with this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: