Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Nvidia launches mainstream GeForce GTX 465 [29090]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Nvidia launches mainstream GeForce GTX 465 [29090] Reply with quote

Nvidia has officially announced the launch of their mainstream DirectX 11-based card, the GeForce GTX 465. Priced at around ~$279 the GeForce GTX 465 has 1 GB of memory and a 607MHz clock speed. Here a roundup of the first GeForce GTX 465 reviews from PC Perspective, HotHardware, HardwareHeaven, THG and Legit Rev

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
beqerel
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: epic fail Reply with quote

articles with nvidia are not interesting anymore
they are failing big time

5970 rules
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the current GTX 4xx series are a purile joke but I'll never go ATi simply because the drivers suck massive c*ck and are brutally unreliable on third-party apps which rely on the video drivers. Granted, Catalyst is great for latest games but try some video app like a modding tool and you'll likely get some BS happening. Even Autodesk doesn't favour ATi video cards. Talked with Autodesk support people who are personal friends and ATi Catalyst drivers are a nightmare for support.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch an ATI card if you held a gun to my head. Been there and done that. I lived the nightmare of ATI drivers and support and their dumber than shit community sites. No thanks, never never again. I also have zero interest in a new card, my GTX 260 is more than good enough and I see ZERO on the horizon to warrant replacing or upgrading it.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is this current gen of 4xxx are real garbage (marginal benefit for more power/higher heat/higher cost). ATi's current gen clearly is superior but never their drivers, PERIOD! Its not the mainstream software I am concerned with Catalyst but those apps that need driver support that just choke. This is where tools I use would likely die except for Nvidia Forceware. Catalyst is fine with mainstream sh*t but watch out with third-party or Autodesk, for example. Ouch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: