Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

PS3 3D Firmware update coming June 10 [29086]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys you cleary speak from inexperience. ffs, 20years ago 32mb edo ram cost the price of a top end graphics card today. building a rig back then was pure infancy. unless you splashed big you still had to upgrade annualy. the pc peaked in the late 90's and after that the biggest games companies died inc hardware manufacturer's like diamond 3DFX etc. sure you can hang onto not upgrading but when you decide to you find that your cpu path has been cut short by intel no longer making the ones that your mobo supports. Result a whole new board and cpu is needed.
Nothing waits for you in pc land. I'm not into a flame fest, just speaking from experience and why the pc is now nothing more than a cash cow. very little value compared to at least the 90's where games were original and partly justifiable in upgrade terms. Today there's just as much on console than on pc, where is the thousands of bucks justification in that????? see my point? no patches for nearly a year like the pc JUST to make it playable. Crazy nonsense and partly why i own a console primarily for games . If you can't understand that then your just pig ignorant and sad.
Renton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
where is the thousands of bucks justification in that????? see my point?

Nope. You just happen to like consoles. Stop trying to justify why. And for your stand and narrow point of view there's billions of people out here who are just ignorants? GO-GO-EGO-BOY!
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renton wrote:
Stumpus wrote:
where is the thousands of bucks justification in that????? see my point?

Nope. You just happen to like consoles. Stop trying to justify why. And for your stand and narrow point of view there's billions of people out here who are just ignorants? GO-GO-EGO-BOY!

Sigh, here's me thinking 'maybe we'll get a constructive rant going here....' Nope, clearly too fucking much to ask........
Your a classic example of todays so-called closet 'i can install a graphics card AND reinstall Win Vista or 7, therefore i'm a GURU and higher than those that own a console' -even when they were building machines when you were at school or NOT even born? Or do you just come across like that???
Your nothing more than PC zealot, that can't see further than his MOUSE cursor! I honestly should have expected nothing less. Sorry for trying to put you in a class clearly above your post, at least you've cleared the air now.

Boy do you speak like your crack head alter ego or what? Renton... Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Sums your nick up perfectly don't you think? Wink Or like you, maybe i prejudged you? Ditto.
Can't dazzle them with science, then baffle them with bullshit!
Like WTF is it with PC gamers quoting system specs as signatures!?!? Inadequate or what Laughing
I used to put pictures up of my custom built machines; paint jobs,lighting skills with sanding cataloy and shapping bass ports for fans, jigsaw perspex port holes and the like. How it looked was more a hobby than plainly sticking in a component off a shelf and then quoting it............. Where's the skill in that?? soooo bloody anal.
Who gives a shit what's in it when PC games STILL require a dozen patches to make THEM work. And that's FACT!! GTA4 et al still get patches released on PC when i've finished it looooong ago on PS3, without needing to quote whom made my GPU ROFL!!

Any fucker can buy a PC off a shelf -so called gamers PCs. But it guarantees NOTHING! It wont play the latest games at max settings without some sort of conflict or toning down. It needs babysat FOREVER and money poured down its throat for all the components to then fight with each other as to what job is to be done now. Gee whiz, half the time the CPUs cores are doing ziltch whilst chugging out sub standard frames and the graphics card (1 gig please) can't handle a screen full of shadows and some decent explosions. CPU/GPU dependant... what a pile of bull!
Oh but physx can do that AND eleviate the strain on your card to allow it to do more......like what exactly? Watch TV in 3D.....please. The PC today is like a garden shed full of the latest tools, sure everything has a job to do but most of the time only a couple of things are working properly, the rest is expensive ornamentation..sorry, hardware! Got to speak the correct lingo, like why else would i have a 6" fan and SLI graphics card combo. Thank god transistors don't move otherwise they would be dead! Exactly...
Renton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
LOT OF CRAP

You missed my point completely...

Just take a lot at the message I wrote, the other day:

Renton wrote:
About the trolling and the PC dying issues... who cares, man!? If tomorow ATi, nVIDIA, Intel, AMD, Corsair, G.Skill, ASUS, XFX and a lot of other companies suddenly decides not to make any more gaming hardware and the developers decide not to make any more games for the PC that is going to be the day the platform dies. No mather how many guys out there are convinced that it is dying or dead... that BS is out as long as I can remember and we are still here. We still love and support the PC. I have several recent great games purchased via Steam that I still havent the time to enjoy them and I mean a lot. When there is no more games out there. When there is no more gaming hardware out there. That will be the day the platform dies. Until that day doesnt mather how many guys like you are out there and if that day comes I not going to die in sorrow, I will buy a console or whatever the fuck is out there for electronic entertaining and I think is not going to be a crappy console or a bizillion dolars PC, is going to be something else. Just take a look at the actual consoles... they are more like than a PC than the classic consoles.

So what's the problem with someone who likes something that you don't? There's no justification for tastes. There's a lot of excuses, of course, but a taste is a taste. You used to like the PC, now you like the consoles and for me and a lot of PC Gamers it isnt the way to go or at least is the second platform (ie: multi goes to PC, exclusive goes to 360, PS3 or Wii). That happens to be your adquired taste. Live and let live.

I like to mod my PC and my games (the last more than anything). For example I own two DS for Left 4 Dead 2. One in versus with 20 slots and other in coop with 10 slots. Of course not only the slots and the netcode have been modified, but also a lot of balance or the game will be very easy even on Expert. About the GTA:IV... dont even try to compare versions. The PC one looks just awesome in comparission. And what about the Episodes? Runs great from the beggining and same launch dates for PS3 and PC. And yes, theres a lot of graphical corruption and bugs presented in the original consoles versions that have never been adressed. Only a couple of netcode patches went out for the consoles. Also is a game that can be (and it is) heavily modified.

For you the only thing that mathers is put a disc and play, well, thats enough to you. Fine by me. I not going to make a list of why I hate/don't like consoles. It'll be so stupid or fake like the things you wrote about the PC.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: