Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Blizzard previews new Battle.net [28496]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Blizzard previews new Battle.net [28496] Reply with quote

With StarCraft II beta imminent, Blizzard has given us a look at the changes coming to its online service, Battle.net. Here\'s a taster:

In the past, Battle.net was presented as a multiplayer option off to the side, off of the main menu of Blizzard Entertainment titles. That is all changing. With the new Battle.net

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I be impressed?

because I'm really not, Battle.net was best left innovated within that section of the game it always has been for those who were interested in logging into that account profile crap. This is just an excuse to sell idiots on the idea that they should be always connected, and get the same enforced client crap to deal with they've got with steam-ing shit service etc

"Even your save game progress in the campaign can be synched to Battle.net. Say you upgrade your computer and re-install the game; once you connect to Battle.net, "

It's like most noob gamers today don't even know how to use a computer let alone backup their game saves and profile.. so pathetic. Blizztard corp to rescue. Meanwhile this method provides some nice advantages to them in getting to know and monitor their customer sheep a lot more.

Fuck that shit.. I want the disconnected experience with LAN! and not having to fucking update the game when they decide to chuck out a patch with balances I might not even like.

And I don't give a flying fuck about having to earn stinking shit avatars and whatever other crap you've put in place to make noobs stay CONNECTED to your service you fucking game grinding obsessed freaks.

Match making is for fucking noobs, not hardcore players!

fuck this shit.. I want a decent game not the stinking service I have to fucking go through just to play the FUCKING GAME!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Should I be impressed?

because I'm really not, Battle.net was best left innovated within that section of the game it always has been for those who were interested in logging into that account profile crap. This is just an excuse to sell idiots on the idea that they should be always connected, and get the same enforced client crap to deal with they've got with steam-ing shit service etc

"Even your save game progress in the campaign can be synched to Battle.net. Say you upgrade your computer and re-install the game; once you connect to Battle.net, "

It's like most noob gamers today don't even know how to use a computer let alone backup their game saves and profile.. so pathetic. Blizztard corp to rescue. Meanwhile this method provides some nice advantages to them in getting to know and monitor their customer sheep a lot more.

Fuck that shit.. I want the disconnected experience with LAN! and not having to fucking update the game when they decide to chuck out a patch with balances I might not even like.

And I don't give a flying fuck about having to earn stinking shit avatars and whatever other crap you've put in place to make noobs stay CONNECTED to your service you fucking game grinding obsessed freaks.

Match making is for fucking noobs, not hardcore players!

fuck this shit.. I want a decent game not the stinking service I have to fucking go through just to play the FUCKING GAME!

About the only thing that impresses you Koogle is the size of your shit in the toilette bowl as far as I'm concerned. Yes Battlenet sucks, but I personally don't mind the online side of it keeping your game status, awards etc. Why not? i got the same on PS3 and it's fun to shoot this shit with friends and have a good laugh comparing and competing for the ranks.

This is old news anyhow, everyone and their uncle knew all this shit to begin with.
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two of you are becoming harder to tell apart.
NyaR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle you are correct in every way sir, these games are taking on a dangerous trend.

Rather than focusing on game design and game play the focus is on building a sims community.
Seriously, how dumbfuck brain-castrated can you be to work toward achieving an "avatar". Thats like buying a ferrari to twiddle with its power windows.

In the end it boils down to these publishers making our decisions for us and telling us how we should enjoy our game (which we paid for). If you want to play offline, you should be able to do so offline. If you want to play a game, you shouldnt have to load a chat/community/browser/email program to do it. Remember when CS used to run on Pentium 2s? When they released steam the requirements doubled, but the game stayed the same - you were using half your computer to run Steam rather than hl.exe.

Tom, if you like comparing ranks, do you compare your lengths too? I like comparing who can win, saying you got a 57-3-10 record is insignificant compared to saying you beat Cooller or Zero4 or something in ONE game (sorry, dont know SC pros).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: