Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Secret of Monkey Island remake coming July 15 [27440]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Secret of Monkey Island remake coming July 15 [27440] Reply with quote

As promised yesterday, LucasArts has made
the big announcement revealing plans to re-release some of
their classic adventure games via digital distribution on
Steam.  The complete list of games to be released on July 8
via Steam includes: Armed and Dangeroust, Indiana Jones and
the Fate of Atlant

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Renton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motherfuckers!!! What about Full Throttle, assholes!!! FULL THROTTLE WAS THE BEST GRPHIC ADVENTURE OF LUCAS ARTS!!!
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chill out dude. As they said, this is only the beginning.

The problem is, that if i understand correctly, these are not remakes but just plain rereleases. So we are talking about standard 320*200 8bit VGA resolution here?

If that is the case, it is no biggy. Most users that lived in that era, now have scummvm to accomodate their beloved games.

What Lucasarts needs to do, is try remaking some of their games at good prices. Don't forget we have already paid for these games Mr Lucas! Wink
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah just remakes -graphicaly. You can press, whatever the button is on an XBox controller, and switch between the *standard* VGA dinner plate pixels or a remade cartoon version on the fly. No big deal in my book as i still have Full Throttle,Monkey island#,Day of the Tentacle, Beneath a steel Sky, Grim Fandango etc,etc on an old legacy machine along with many,many others from the early 90's.
Pity that they just cash in today and don't redo PROPER sequels.
Who here would pay for a Dungeon Keeper 3? Remember the trailer at the end of 2 showing a glimpse of 3? These games are mega classics and i too have a soft spot for Ben and Full Throttle Wink
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no remakes of older games with newer graphics?

A recent example would be Chronicles of Riddick. I thought people complain that this happens far too often.

I think the major point of releasing these older games in original form is so that more people can experience them, as they can now be very difficult to obtain in physical form or however.

I have fond memories of Star Wars Starfighter. I might grab that again.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Island Special edition is a remake with 1080i graphics or plain old VGA -as i said previously- by pressing a button on the xbox controller.

read the 'about' tab here
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

Quote:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition "faithfully re-imagines the internationally-acclaimed classic game (originally released in 1990) for original and new audiences alike."

The development team at LucasArts is bringing the game into the modern era with all-new HD graphics, a re-mastered musical score, full voiceover, and an in-depth hint system has been added to help players through the game’s side-splitting puzzles.

Players can also seamlessly switch between the updated HD graphics and the original’s classic look, and more information is available on the Monkey Island: Special Edition website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: