Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Fast Five tops list of most pirated movies in 2011 [32165]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 395
Location: North Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, Tride! My experience also but otherwise have a good Home Theater setup with in-wall 150W speakers, THX Receiver.. other sh*t I best not say that might make the next door neighbours upset Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 710

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see a problem with anything 42-55" in size. Smallest one I have is a 42" and I can even watch it a good 20 feet or more away. I can see getting a larger screen if you have an enormous room and want to build a specific area around it but it's not necessary. I don't have a problem with watching things on a computer monitor either. I used to watch shows on my 13" in the kitchen way back in the day even though I had 35" tv's. Eat a sandwich at my bar turn on 13" and end up finishing a whole show there no problem.

Today's gear makes it easier to mount and setup extra equipment than previously since your options are more open. They have wireless subs among other setups now so it takes little effort.

I would have to agree with some here that movies in the home are far superior already considering the lowering costs of BR players not to mention internet and even streaming services through cables or netflix type of services. I haven't need a BR player since I can do all that on my computer and stream it to my TV over my gigabit net. I see the smaller console like boxes that support all formats and have the large capacities taking over dvr's and playback of content personally. It's quite easy to buy an external or build one yourself for storage and just share it between another devices that's under a hundred dollars to your tv's in the house.

What I'm more interested in is if we're going to 4gige or 10gige and skipping the 2gig and 4gig iterations for home networking. Imagine a 10gige being integrated on board with laptops or pc's let alone stand alone cards going for under a hundred dollars in a couple years. That's some massive bandwidth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2683

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say there was a problem, it is certainly better than anything 19" and 22" in size right? Therefore, the size of image in theater is better than 42~55" screen size at home. Taking a swim in the sea is better than taking a swim in the pool, driving a 300hp car is better than driving a 50hp car etc.

experience is different, that's all I'm saying. I can enjoy a movie on any screen, but, if there is no hassle, theater is the best one out there. You can't convince me that it's better to watch movie on a 42" screen then on a 600" (or whatever) screen. Having a screen that covers your full or near full field of vision guarantees best possible immersion. You need to sit too close to 42" screen to get that experience, and then your eyes hurt after a while. Watching it from a 4-5 meters is not comparable to a theater (I am not saying it is not enjoyable).
This has nothing to do with how easy or available home setup is or can be. My LG TV can play 1080p movies and output audio via digital out. That pretty much eliminates the need for any separate box to play movies, I can just jack in HDD via USB rack and whoila.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 710

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I didn't say there was a problem, it is certainly better than anything 19" and 22" in size right? Therefore, the size of image in theater is better than 42~55" screen size at home. Taking a swim in the sea is better than taking a swim in the pool, driving a 300hp car is better than driving a 50hp car etc.

experience is different, that's all I'm saying. I can enjoy a movie on any screen, but, if there is no hassle, theater is the best one out there. You can't convince me that it's better to watch movie on a 42" screen then on a 600" (or whatever) screen. Having a screen that covers your full or near full field of vision guarantees best possible immersion. You need to sit too close to 42" screen to get that experience, and then your eyes hurt after a while. Watching it from a 4-5 meters is not comparable to a theater (I am not saying it is not enjoyable).
This has nothing to do with how easy or available home setup is or can be. My LG TV can play 1080p movies and output audio via digital out. That pretty much eliminates the need for any separate box to play movies, I can just jack in HDD via USB rack and whoila.


I don't think you have a problem with it. Costs don't seem to be worth it imo when compared nowadays. I'm weird though and prefer swimming in a pool than the sea. When we had a local outdoor movie screens where you could still sit in your car and watch movies on a gigantic screen for four or five bucks it used to be worth it for me. Shame they closed it down here Sad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group