Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

AMD Is Offering A Free Game [41054]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: AMD Is Offering A Free Game [41054] Reply with quote

AMD is currently offering a free game to owners of specific AMD GPUs and CPUs. All you have to do is

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to owners of specific AMD GPUs and CPUs

I don't know a whole lot of people owning anything AMD, let alone specific GPUs and CPUs so I bet there won't be a whole lot of free games handed out.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a lot of AMD owners. The 390 gives GTX 980 level performance for far less money, for instance, so a lot of people get AMD over Nvidia.
xpd
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the T&C.... need to have purchased item ONLY during the campaign.
15th Feb 2016 onwards.....

https://www.amd4u.com/amdgamepromo/files/2016_AMDGamePromo_TC.pdf
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorcro2000 wrote:
There are quite a lot of AMD owners. The 390 gives GTX 980 level performance for far less money, for instance, so a lot of people get AMD over Nvidia.

You're naive and I guess a lot of naive penny pinchers would get a cheap amd card. Your comments would get your eaten up in tech forums.
ykazka
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody is a pink elephant again.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ykazka wrote:
Somebody is a pink elephant again.

Poor man's version of 980GTX. Nvidia = 80% market share. Says all.

Read some tech sites, I gave up educating people here long ago. Only cheap asses get AMD over Nvidia and then they whine all over the tech forums. Blah blah my game doesn't work, blah blah I got blue screens, blah blah why do I need a new power supply.

Pink elephant? say what you want n00b, get an education and some experience. Carpet munchers like you aren't worth my time.
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Poor man's version of 980GTX. Nvidia = 80% market share. Says all.

Read some tech sites, I gave up educating people here long ago. Only cheap asses get AMD over Nvidia and then they whine all over the tech forums. Blah blah my game doesn't work, blah blah I got blue screens, blah blah why do I need a new power supply.

In many cases ATI (not used an AMD CPU since Athlons were current) hardware is actually better but their drivers have a pretty poor history and that helps push people to Nvidia. I had a load of trouble with the last ATI I had but it was all driver related and each new driver fixed some thing whilst broke others. The Nvidia drivers aren't perfect by any means but are generally a lot more reliable.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
lorcro2000 wrote:

You're naive and I guess a lot of naive penny pinchers would get a cheap amd card. Your comments would get your eaten up in tech forums.

Probably since most people there are nvidia owners looking for an opportunity to justify their purchase.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El_Coyote wrote:
Tom wrote:
lorcro2000 wrote:

Probably since most people there are nvidia owners looking for an opportunity to justify their purchase.

WTF r you talking about? "since most people there" ? there? where? huh? I don't post on nvidia only forums I post and help on community tech forums and there ain't a hope in hell I'll ever tell any of you where i post. lmao
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have systems built with both Nvidia and AMD cards. Haven't noticed any major issues with either one. The most noticeable difference is texture clipping, but both cards do it, just for different games.

Tom is a dipshit. It doesn't matter how many forums you read if you still don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80% market share. Figure it out n00b. 8/10 gamers buy a Nvidia card. Who gives a fuck that YOU have 1 system with AMD and nVidia. It means jack shit you fucking clueless n00b. Ya it doesn't matter about what a bunch of forums with 200,000's + posts on each says. OMFG!!!!! n00B.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except that stat is nowhere close to accurate. Since you're making that up, how much of everything else that you say is also bullshit? Probably more than 80%!
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wccftech.com/amd-regaining-gpu-market-share-nvidia/

2015 Q2: 82% vs 18%
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
Except that stat is nowhere close to accurate. Since you're making that up, how much of everything else that you say is also bullshit? Probably more than 80%!

You are a total fucking idiot, n00b was too lenient. Get a fucking clue and quit wasting my fucking time.

Quote:
The Debt Situation

AMD is struggling under a massive debt load. AMD's interest payments, now totaling approximately $180 million a year, are more difficult to manage during a three-year time period when revenues have declined, cash flow is negative and equity investors are bailing out in droves.

AMD enacted a plan in 2014 in an attempt to manage the crushing level of debt. It issued new notes that allowed it to funnel approximately half a billion dollars toward debt repayment from 2017 to 2019. The 6.75% interest rate attached to these new notes was also more favorable, compared to the previous interest rate of 8.13% for previous notes. While this may have given AMD a little breathing space, it's doubtful whether this move will ultimately save the company.

DEAD pal or close to it. Average 20% market share and not getting better despite the BS articles to the contrary. AMD is doing nothing but hanging on by a thread. Intel is doing better and has been for last few years.

Sound like a company doing well? Like I said, get a fucking clue and quit wasting my fucking time.

That's why I don't educate asshole like you because you just don't fucking get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: