Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - WP 9 will reportedly ditch Metro UI [36363]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: TechNews - WP 9 will reportedly ditch Metro UI [36363] Reply with quote

ASUS announces the Padfone Mini convertible phone + tablet - As
widely anticipated, ASUS has announced the latest addition to its Padfone
line of convertible Android devices, the Padfone Mini. Like other
Padfone products, the Padfone Mini comes in two parts - a 4.3-inch
phone and a 7-inch tablet dock - meaning

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NVIDIA G-Sync Review

Repeating frames is the same things that gave us the 120Hz TVs.
Content meant to play at <30Hz looks fabulous on 120Hz, I have to agree.
But FPS games are not meant for <30Hz, those are more in the 50Hz<n<100Hz domain.

G-Sync might solve the problem of tearing only - if at all. G-Sync will never solve the low frame rate problem.

It seems to me like a gimmick to get a few dollars for every monitor sold with this junk. How about you (the monitor vendors) focus on decent 16:10 screens instead?

Quote:
Steve Ballmer: Longhorn-Vista was the "single biggest mistake I made"

Before Windows 8.
Or, perhaps he did not have a say in Windows 8? But, in that case, whose fault was it?

Quote:
Windows Phone 9 will reportedly ditch Metro UI

I knew that the desktop Windows was going to ditch it, but the phone?
What was the whole point of it then?

Quote:
Start Menu Could Return to Windows in Spring 2014

I'm not a fan of the Start menu. It was utter junk when it was introduced in the first place. I use it only to shut down my PC when I am lazy to switch to desktop to hit ALT+F4.
Return? It has never left! You mean Windows 8? That's not even a Windows.

Quote:
Whoa! Analyst predicts that Microsoft and Apple will soon merge

Let's see. The people who founded Apple are dead or out. Soon the same goes for Microsoft. If the market's right, it might happen as the old hatred is gone. Windows 8 seems to be a flashy pile of garbage - I feels almost like an Apple product - so I guess their products have already converged.
Does AppleOS have a Start menu? Wink

Quote:
Pirate Bay Docks in Peru: New System Will Make Domains

These guys still exists? Good job avoiding the greedy bastards!
What happened with those guys in Sweden?

Quote:
The FBI can turn on your webcam without you knowing

The FBI might be able to do a lot of things, but turning on my webcam over the internet is not one of them, I can assure you - that would be called a miracle (as it has a manual hardware switch, just like my microphone).
I foresee a new market emerging with privacy filters for web cameras/microphones.
BTW, there's a reason why people buy Chinese routers and Russian firewalls for their US PCs.

Quote:
Man Fined $183k For Joining Anonymous DDoS For One Minute

Apparently, he was not anonymous, lol.

Quote:
Bitcoin hoax dupes Mac users into wiping their hard drives

I don't consider most Mac users competent persons, so I guess this proves my theory.

Quote:
Introducing: Groupon's New Delivery System

I had a good laugh, thanks!

Quote:
Controlling Physical Appliances With Google Glass

I'm still not sure why anyone would ever want a Google Glass (unless it contains real beer).

Quote:
NASA Has A Superhero Robot

I thought that the Iron-man style light-bulb-in-the-chest-thingie was a patented design...

Quote:
Coldest temperature ever recorded - Antarctica: -94.7C (-135.8F)

That was three years ago - isn't this old news?
Majnun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be lucky but I can never get Groupon to work.

Also, are you on meth or what? Rhetorical, don't answer.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Or, perhaps he did not have a say in Windows 8? But, in that case, whose fault was it? "

hard to say, but sinovsky was around for vista, win7 and win8, though he was most vocal on the blog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/ during the development of win7 as he was leading it, which compared to MS communication on vista and win8 is very telling. Looking back at it while I didn't like all the improvements in win7 they were actual improvements over vista in most areas, from explorer, specific applications etc. Compared to what was done from win7 to win8, every bit of progress in user customizability, visual enhancements, added features to programs, explorer search etc, taskbar improvements etc it was all just forgotten and thrown out the window, and only some minor exporer file copying, taskmanager etc stuff that was probably started during win7 development and never got finished so was pushed into the win8 release, I think the fact areo desktop theme looked like it got sent back to the 90's with that metro inspired square shit is just how much MS kindergarten design gave a shit about it.

Its like cluster fuck of retards thought it would be good to take a leading OS and just lobotomize it so OSX and linux start to look like good alternatives, with clear intentions of a shitty limited surface, mobile experience aimed at the fking mentally handicapped retards who need large fonts and big square buttons and really dUMBED down interfaces. While I'm sure most the development staff thought it was a great idea making something so incredibly shit, its really easy to make basic looking metro craps.

And after Win7 release everything went quiet, so I guess compared to vista and win8, sinovsky was involved during the better OS release he also resigned last year, and those shitheads at MS made 8.1 after his exit, with zero intention of fixing anything, so I don't hold him responsible for win8 retardation and doubt he was involved much with windows Vista either.

The Metrolized garbage seems like it was inspired and pushed by most the lower level fuckwits at MS, with no clear leadership or care for customers who really wanted an improved OS. So its anyone guess as to who was involved with that garbage, but I'd say the management clowns from various divisions got lost in there shitty mobiles and thought it would be a good idea to fuck windows deskstop/exporer and take a huge dump on it by introducing poorly designed metro shit.

I'd sack the fking lot of them in the top hierarchy for that brainless move and its cloud direction.And sack Balmer aswel I doubt he has a clue or even uses a pc.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Its like cluster fuck of retards thought it would be good to take a leading OS and just lobotomize it so OSX and linux start to look like good alternatives

Hmmm. Interesting thought.

Koogle wrote:
I'd sack the fking lot of them in the top hierarchy for that brainless move and its cloud direction.And sack Balmer aswel I doubt he has a clue or even uses a pc.

Indeed.
Seeing how incompetent he is, I'd bet he is a Mac user as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: