Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Tomb Raider PC Plagued by Crashes (NVIDIA) [34757]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2682

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't believe that AMD put their time and money into developing hair. I'll say that again - HAIR!!! I can't wait for the next time some AMD fanboi claims PhysX to be a useless gimmick.

PS. 9 years ago:



looked better, worked better. Interest in it after a month? Zero, until this tomb raider.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 4299

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Tom wrote:

@HX. Good for you. ATI doesn't touch Nvidia period even for an HTPC, ATI sucks. I know I tried the 6x series.. Hunk of crap.



I've installed many ATI cards/chipsets since the ATI Rage line many years ago. But soon I realized that even the best ATI Hardware would never make up for their poorly written drivers Sad They should hire some real software developers.


Yeah been the case for a long long time. Their drivers truly stink and when they brought in CCC it got even worse. Nvidia on the other hand has a way better and more intuitive interface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 710

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drivers are my worry if I nab a 7950 instead of 660. It's funny but that was the only problem when Radeon was a new name. Still have the ATI AIW card. It's fucked up cause I have hardware quality issues with Nvidia and driver issues still with ATI/AMD years later still. Nvidia releases drivers on a big triple A title if it needs to add support usually right away. Sure it might be a little under performing for an older series card but things keep working almost flawlessly. I just wish my cards didn't die within a couple years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group