Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

MS or Sony Leaving Next-Gen Console Race? [32233]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: MS or Sony Leaving Next-Gen Console Race? [32233] Reply with quote

o,news-13858.html\uot;step away from the console scene?

o already has the Wii U exposed and flashing its goods to the general public, and Microsoft\'s leaked roadmap clearly shows another Windows 8-related Xbox in the works.

So who\'s left? Why that would be Sony, the very company who earlier today admitted

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nintendo's new console isnt NEXT GEN, its current gen. there playing catch up.

as for sony and Microsoft leaving console gaming? are you mad? they make a shit ton of money from the consoles alone.
sony has always said longer life spans of consoles 10 years, and you know what I'm happy with that. its good for pc gamers.
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Curious Isn't? Reply with quote

Most pirated system is the most successful...
Only kids could chose a console beforea a gamer PC, anf if you like kiddy stuff nothing better the most hackeable hardware to play for free...
Kompressor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said darknothing. Sony themselves said a long time ago that they were going to wait longer before they release another console, so perhaps instead of a 10 year lifespan, maybe 15 years?

I wonder which is better, Microsoft and Sony releasing at basically the same time, or them alternating every five years? So if Microsoft released a console this year, and Sony waits another 5 years to release theirs (which is an eternity in the computer world), then that Sony console is going to blow away Microsoft's console at that time, and Microsoft will have to wait and be inferior for another 5 years.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Dark on the Nintendo console. The biggest gripe I have about it is the lack of connection options and resolution limitations. I had to buy a third party comp switch to run an hdmi cable. The whole channel things seems to be underutilized as well in an official capacity. The console itself is a dream despite all this though. Softmodded 4.3u here that was a hundred dollars (not including the three extra controllers and rechargable sanyo eneloops I had to buy). I've only used one 250G usb drive to load all games and features. Loads just as fast as any of the discs without the trouble of them. I'd like to see more functionality like xbox where I can use it as an extender for local network content without much trouble.

Price is a big issue to me. I wait until mid to end cycle to get the best deal on them. Games as well as any modding are more plentiful and usually cheaper. My current Wii setup will keep people occupied until the newer gen stuff gets old and worth purchasing. Nintendo hopefully keeps this in mind after watching Sony and some of the older systems that cost as much as a computer. If I can do the same with the new Wii U only USB 3.0 and easy softmodding it's going to be a no brainer.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a rapage of the word next-gen, there's only one next-gen system and that's a non prefabricaged PC.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozieo wrote:
What a rapage of the word next-gen, there's only one next-gen system and that's a non prefabricaged PC.

+1000
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really think any of these corporations are gonna leave this market, that they own!
Its a lot of money! But i think if one of them is to leave it its MS.
If they invest into bringing their Xbox market (or whatever its called) to the PC they will rule!
You can put everything in a PC! TV, joystick, Kinect etc... PLUS you can make use of the non stop growing power of the PC...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony not releasing new console any time soon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: