Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NFL Blitz Released [32188]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: NFL Blitz Released [32188] Reply with quote

Today EA is releasing an HD version of arcade-style football game NFL Blitz. Blitz can be downloaded through Xbox Live Arcade or PlayStation Network for 1200 MS Points, or $14.99.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only USA can swallow something that is called football and is played with hands. Like they can swallow something called democracy where they have no vote.

Europeans (and pretty much everyone in the world except for the USA) punishes touching a ball with with your hands in a game of football. (goal keeper being exception)

Only sillier thing thing then American football is English cricket. Where the fuck are the crickets?! All I see is some stupid ball game and no crickets.

Also, In Serbia we have decent rugby teams but they usually can't play or get dissclarified beacuse of injuries. Same goes for "football" (USA one), I am only glad Russians don't play it...we slavs or russians don't need protection gear, we are built better than those assfucking nords. It's in the genes. I am a small man here, 80kg and 172cm height and not fat Wink :*
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the hate flow through you!

I don't watch sports much anymore besides MMA and E-Sports. Soccer is boring. It's worse than any of the popular sports in the states imo. Baseball annoys the piss out of me with all the downtime but soccer certainly takes the cake here with boredom. Hockey kept me going a couple decades ago but my interest is minimal at best. All of the sports seemed to take a nose dive after the 80's which might be due to the salaries and all the trading that takes place nowadays.Soccer reminds me of kickball for children. I could get behind rugby possibly but soccer no way. Anyways I would rather play these games than watch them.

Let's be honest here about Europe. They can all play soccer (children's sport) but can't stop arguing with each other or keep a common currency working? It doesn't seem to matter if they have inbred monarchs running the show or not since they can't stop the petty squabbling.

I don't really take any offense to the USA slight but you should be a little more honest about it. If the country is that bad off then why have Europeans emigrated to it for a couple centuries? It's not like we're seeing Americans leaving in droves to Europe because it's better. There is always room for change and it's needed but Europe as a whole isn't in a position to be placed upon a pedestal especially above the USA at this time.

Hopefully this will change and the nations of Europe get their act together but I wouldn't count on it.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like soccer, my comment was about the names, not the 'fun factor' Wink

on the second part of your comment: well, people move for different reasons. Some get better job offers in USA, some get sent their by their companies, some just like it there or go there because schools are easier and degree is worth the same as any other from Europe (I know of a few cases). I am no expert in immigration so I can only write about stuff that I am aware of. In the end, native Americans are almost extinct aren't they? USA was founded by immigrants from Europe, actually, whole American continent is.
Shit that happens in Europe atm is because people there are aware (somewhat) that they cannot live of mutual debts. Some don't wont to work so some other country would get their money, some just got payed for the jobs that are almost worthless, others are all about religion and stuff etc. Generally, lot's of people care about stuff, while in the USA most people don't care about anything except having money and are completely fine with trillions of dollars of national debt every year. They just don't know what that means I guess, so they just don't care where the money goes or where does it come from. Just like people from Greece Very Happy
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're wrong with your stereotypes mate. Population and years (too few still but rising) of stirring the pot and America is really what Europe should be at this point. It's basically a new culture created with parts of others that assimilates the old ones into itself. That's why in America you will always hear the tired lines about how we need to get back to our roots or back in the days. People are afraid of change regardless of where you live on the planet so they cling to what they know.

I'm not sure about the native American comment. They were systematically exterminated when possible by the Europeans and even the Americans when possible. This isn't any different than any other time when land grabs were made throughout history. The Jews/Romans/Germans/English and other various nations or ethnic groups have done this for thousands of years.

Americans do care about many different things. I'm not sure where or why you've formed this opinion that all of us just sit around collecting paycheck to buy an Xbox. Europeans are just as materialistic as Americans so I fail to see any sort of difference here.

Debt wise you're right it shouldn't be as high as it is and most Americans agree with you. The problem is agreeing on how to fix it. It would be interesting to see if the debt would be worse or better if we had a lighter foreign policy and didn't treat Europe as a protected interest among others. Anyways I'm sure that part of the problem has been that the USA has been a virtual Atlas carrying the world on it's shoulders economically. California a state out of forty nine others has a higher GDP than whole countries in Europe. It's not easy I assume to be the top of the pyramid economically and have your decisions felt across the entire world. Sounds fairly hard to me fraught with risk.

Two World Wars showed Europe that it was stronger and better united than apart. I'm afraid that repeating history just makes the cost of the lesson go up.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our points differ. You can think, that's for sure, but you are more of an exception than a rule. Most of those that I met online and are from USA have no idea what GDP even means Wink

the problem is, if your GDP is 20 billion and debt is 7 trillion then you aren't actually making any real money. 20 bil. barely covers the interest rate to FED. I won't go into how to fix things. Meddling in affairs of others, worldwide military bases and bribes, "terrorist" threats etc. come to mind as one of the first things to ditch, but US military and some other agencies wouldn't agree. They simply need to make mess to retain the need for their existence and therefore their jobs. Think about it if you want.

Also, think about the produced goods. What goods are made where when 80% of US companies outsource their production to taiwan, china, korea etc. When you go to buy a TV - what US brand is there on a market? Cars? Even GM has more subsidiaries OUT of USA then IN USA (you can find "who owns who in car industry" chart and look it up yourself). I don't know about USA, but in the rest of the world, every 100th car is made in US or is US brand but not made in US. You had chip plants but now india and china have them also. taiwan has them. They all boosted their capacities. You are loosing markets every day in many fields and I think you will end up like Greece. Lots of overpayed jobs that aren't really needed. My brother get's payed ALOT for some stupid marketing research position where he does almost nothing and every research shows the same resaults. Did you know Coca-cola outsourced ~80% of comapny jobs? They don't want to pay, in my case, designers 3000-4000$ per month when they can outsource the jobs via internet and pay 5000$ for al jobs per month instead paying 5-6 people in USA for the same thing. I was about to get a job there, but now I am working as freelancer for outsources too.

anyway, we've gone far from "football" Razz

cheers mate o/
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
our points differ. You can think, that's for sure, but you are more of an exception than a rule. Most of those that I met online and are from USA have no idea what GDP even means Wink

I won't argue that America doesn't have a share of idiots and assholes. What country doesn't though?

Quote:
the problem is, if your GDP is 20 billion and debt is 7 trillion then you aren't actually making any real money. 20 bil. barely covers the interest rate to FED. I won't go into how to fix things. Meddling in affairs of others, worldwide military bases and bribes, "terrorist" threats etc. come to mind as one of the first things to ditch, but US military and some other agencies wouldn't agree. They simply need to make mess to retain the need for their existence and therefore their jobs. Think about it if you want.

You're right and wrong. The Federal Reserve can print money out of thin air. We also have this thing called inflation. This would also touch on the value of the dollar as well. If they raise inflation and decrease the value of the dollar they are actually lowering the effects of that debt. America has defaulted on it's debts before on many occasions and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. Hopefully you understand what I'm saying as lower the value of the dollar actually lowers the cost of said debt. There are plenty of consequences to this though which are felt at the lower and middle class levels especially.

Quote:
Also, think about the produced goods. What goods are made where when 80% of US companies outsource their production to taiwan, china, korea etc. When you go to buy a TV - what US brand is there on a market? Cars? Even GM has more subsidiaries OUT of USA then IN USA (you can find "who owns who in car industry" chart and look it up yourself). I don't know about USA, but in the rest of the world, every 100th car is made in US or is US brand but not made in US. You had chip plants but now india and china have them also. taiwan has them. They all boosted their capacities. You are loosing markets every day in many fields and I think you will end up like Greece. Lots of overpayed jobs that aren't really needed. My brother get's payed ALOT for some stupid marketing research position where he does almost nothing and every research shows the same resaults. Did you know Coca-cola outsourced ~80% of comapny jobs? They don't want to pay, in my case, designers 3000-4000$ per month when they can outsource the jobs via internet and pay 5000$ for al jobs per month instead paying 5-6 people in USA for the same thing. I was about to get a job there, but now I am working as freelancer for outsources too.

anyway, we've gone far from "football" Razz

cheers mate o/

We're talking about multinational corporations now. They owe no loyalty to the country of origin anymore. You're right and wrong again on this. You see there are plenty of manufacturers in the USA but not on a large scale as before. The country is quite large as a whole and many of them either built plants outside the country itself or relocated. It's also a popular trend where they build multiple plants or contract/outsource certain things such car seats and other parts from a plant in another country and put it together at a plant here in the states. All of the Japanese auto manufacturers have plants here in the states. I had a mitsu plant where I grew up for example. There are still plants of old around. The world has changed. There are still plenty of products made in the USA that thrive and are bought unknowingly. States have constitutions and rights unto themselves. Think of them like a country within a country. They have their own militias not to mention law enforcement. States will compete aggressively against other states just to get say Coca Cola to build a distro center in the state there fore moving those jobs from Nevada to say Utah. This has been going on for awhile now.

I believe Europe imports more from China than the USA. Might be mistaken (totals being more than the USA) but Europe for example imports large amounts of resources from Asia like LNG and cheap Chinese goods in very large quantities.

Anyways you're right about this diverging from football.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: