Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

New Xbox - Closer Than You Think [31898]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: New Xbox - Closer Than You Think [31898] Reply with quote

Looks like the next-gen XBox could be unveiled at 2012 CES with a release in holiday 2012. This news was revealed at the Windows Weekly show - the discussion begins at 1:28. Excited? Tell me what you think Very Happy Currently the codename for the project is TEN. The primary focus is all about Metro, embedded Si

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, told you its coming long ago. The hardware is very weak by now compared to the PC market. They need to be competitive, or noone will buy into it.

Console junkies should pray for backwards compatibility (so you would not need to trash your collection) and expect that new titles won't be coming to your old box anymore (so you can trash your old box) - same as in the PC world. So. What exactly did you win by going with the console, really?

No, I am not exited. If you are not innovative, you copy others. MS has been doing that for a long time now, stealing stuff, so what is there to be exited about?
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been bad graphics wise for awhile on consoles. It's easy to tell when they port it to PC with zero options and it looks like ass.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will call it the Windows PhoneBox.
Kompressor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Paul Thurrott is wrong about the current Xbox dashboard update which makes me wonder if he is also wrong about the next Xbox coming out so soon. Although, I do agree with him that the Xbox has hit a ceiling in graphics capability as the Xbox's (and PS3) graphics look horrible.

Basically he says the Metro update won't be until next year, but I believe it's supposed to be at the end of this month.
obzelite
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Yup, told you its coming long ago. The hardware is very weak by now compared to the PC market. They need to be competitive, or noone will buy into it.

Console junkies should pray for backwards compatibility (so you would not need to trash your collection) and expect that new titles won't be coming to your old box anymore (so you can trash your old box) - same as in the PC world. So. What exactly did you win by going with the console, really?

No, I am not exited. If you are not innovative, you copy others. MS has been doing that for a long time now, stealing stuff, so what is there to be exited about?

whoa, you must be like a psychic or something cause literally noone guessed another console would come out after the 360.
Maybe you have some insight into whats after the ps3?? will sony every have another console.

I'm a pc fan, always have been and unless there is some quantum leap in graphics over pc's then i always will be, but consoles are so easy.
I'm tired of drm, driver issues, patches, shit like needing to be connected to the net so the game will even work in single player mode.
A lan night takes 2 hours just to get everyones pc's running and willing to work with each other.
My PC is my livelihood, its specced up running triple screens, ssd's and enough ram for the whole country if it was 1980. Can i install a game and have it run out of the box? nope, not a fucking chance.
I installed insane 2 about 2 weeks ago, i'm yet to actually play it.

i go to my consoles, i fire them up and in a less than a minute I'm online pawning some 12year n00b who just discovered the word fag.

i'm over pc's and the headaches, i just want to crack a beer and shoot ppl in the head. consoles give me that in spades.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New console?? More like a firmware upgrade to be dominated even more.......
Who gives a fuck about apple and Win OS integration etc. It's about GAMING!!! Bunch sheep. I own 2 Sony, 1 Panasonic and 2 LG TV's. I buy for PICTURE quality FOREMOST. M$ are just tying the gullible to the console equivalent of the pc drm. The more devices tied to the M$ account the better. CoD, BF...... shows the sugar rush mentality of today's gamer. PC,PS3 or Xbox NO class divide, all the same... They could sell pin badges for your character and millions would buy them. That's why M$ and Apple are sooo similar. Following the masses doesn't make you different, nor does it give the pig-ignorant pc gamer brain cells over a console owner. If you play the same game on whatever format.
Being different makes you stand out, but that requires intelligence and being individual. I will not agree with any of my friends on any matter just because a majority do.
PC,PS3 etc means nothing to me if the game is crap.
I have a laptop for eveything pc. So what makes PC gaming - same game on all formats - justify splashing out thousands on HW to build a pc to play the same game but with a higher res, so what ? Or 64 MP, again so what?
Nothing, is the answer.
The ego boost, of owning a pc is BUILDING it from scratch. ANYONE can OWN and operate one. Paying for a rig off the shelf gives you no bragging rights. You can buy a PS3 and laptop for half the price of a dedicated TRUE gaming pc that will last you a year @ double digit frame-rate. Sorry but phones, console and tvs do everything that an expensive pc does.
M$ lost out to blu ray and 3D, they don't even make PCs!!!! That would be the ultimate accolade. PROVE they ARE gamers. But no, their limit to pc is Xbox..............sums up how two-faced they are and how narrow-minded pc gamers truly can be. BAAAH!!!
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obzelite wrote:
whoa, you must be like a psychic or something cause literally noone guessed another console would come out after the 360.
No, not at all. All it takes is a look into the past and present.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: