Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Resident Evil Nintendo 3DS game angers fans [31222]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Resident Evil Nintendo 3DS game angers fans [31222] Reply with quote

o 3DS hardware itself. The result is that the $40 game can basically only be played once. My guess, and I\'m not alone, is because Capcom is trying to prevent gamers from trading in the video game when they’re done with it - and thus not making it available to those who want to buy (or rent) a second-hand copy. C

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say
Quote:
Players cannot delete their saved games! Instead the save game file is put into the Nintendo 3DS hardware itself.

You meant the 3DS game 'cartridge', not the actual Nintbendo hardware device itself.

Anyway whatever I'm sure those with any sense will vote with their wallets.. by that figuratively tell CAPCOM to piss off until they stop being such lying bludgers. From what I've read it seems CAPCOM knew they were putting out a game with a low amount of actual content and poorly put together for the price.. and well wouldn't want anyone picking up the game as a second hand/trade in *gasp*

In perspective with the likes of online distribution markets like Steam though, it hardly compares... at least you still retain some resale value of the cartridge to someone who would buy it.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know who on their mind make these decisions, man!

This jumped to the top ten of the most stupidest things I've heard, related to gaming.

Consoles for the win! Keep supporting them..!
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:

This jumped to the top ten of the most stupidest things I've heard, related to gaming.

Sorry, but I just have to reply to this. It's not the console's fault, but the anti-piracy organizations and big corporations. If it happens on a console, it will happen on PC. Motherboards have TPM support for a few years now, it's only a matter of time before they begin to utilize it. The real question is - what are you going to do when this happens?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullooooooo, STEAM has been doing this for years. Tied to your account.
Want to sell it on? =$......
XP/Vista e al can't be resold, it's a PC piece of shit invented mentality, notably M$. Why do you think there is fuck all second-hand pc games market? Full of DRM and online activation/playing.
Oh boy, remember pkzip,floppies, DOS gaming and unlimited installs?
Ah, halcyon days indeed.
Defination of Piracy/hackers? a bunch of dysfunctional, no REAL world friends. incapable of articulate conversation, no girlfriendand is a recluse. But has black curtains, a non-existent parent and a broadband connection.
Sounds like the definition of the pc gamer of today.............. height of intelligence indeed
Instead of playing games, they are too busy fucking it up for everyone that does!

Last edited by Sabot on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:

gawd man, get a clue. seriously, GET A FUCKING CLUE!

<-----psolord, in case you are wondering.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
psolord wrote:

Sorry, but I just have to reply to this. It's not the console's fault, but the anti-piracy organizations and big corporations. If it happens on a console, it will happen on PC. Motherboards have TPM support for a few years now, it's only a matter of time before they begin to utilize it. The real question is - what are you going to do when this happens?

No need to be sorry. A well defended argument is always welcome. I am not one of these guys that only appreciate arguments that only share my point of view.

That being said, I see what you mean, but still, TPM has not been used, not even for Microsoft's Windows protection.

Imo there's no such thing as PC and protection. Multi $$$ programs have been hacked, that need hardware hash keys. Once the code gets loaded into memory, there's nothing stopping it from being cracked. So far, nothing has survived.

The reason I am posting this as an argument, is that obviously software companies know that already and are not willing into developing DRM that exploits this. It will just go down the drain, sooner or later. For example, where's starforce these days?

I am not talking specifically about game protection and their cracking, I am talking about game protection in the respect of using a specific hardware key, to bind your serial, to that hardware key and have them fuck up your save games.

All in all, although I respect the protection path a developer takes, I can just as easily say a big fuck you to them and just go to the pirated version, if they do anything of the like.

As Stumpus says, we do have Steam that does bind serials to specific accounts already anyway, BUT....

Stumpus wrote:
Hullooooooo, STEAM has been doing this for years. Tied to your account.
Want to sell it on? =$......
XP/Vista e al can't be resold, it's a PC piece of shit invented mentality, notably M$. Why do you think there is fuck all second-hand pc games market? Full of DRM and online activation/playing.
Oh boy, remember pkzip,floppies, DOS gaming and unlimited installs?
Ah, halcyon days indeed.
Defination of Piracy/hackers? a bunch of dysfunctional, no REAL world friends. incapable of articulate conversation, no girlfriendand is a recluse. But has black curtains, a non-existent parent and a broadband connection.
Sounds like the definition of the pc gamer of today.............. height of intelligence indeed
Instead of playing games, they are too busy fucking it up for everyone that does!

We are not talking about reselling here. I am not interested in that. Whoever is, buy the DVD version and have fun.

What we are talking here, is that a perfectly legally purchased game, becomes unavailable to play, after it's rightful owner wishes to replay it. Umm....when did this happen to the PC and I can't remember it?

As for the definition of the PC gamer, I'd say the contrary. A PC Gamer is a strongly witted individual, who does not consider the setting and maintenance of a decent and well operating PC, as a challenge. So the retard here, is the console gamer, who is to dumb to think of anything else than insert disc and click clickity click.

A PC Gamer, can use his game as a toy as well. Change settings, go back to previous settings to see how they fair, try new patches and completely new stuff (ie Crysis 2), benchmark its ass in both an epenis and tech enthusiast fashion (hey not all PC users are of the same quality-but still miles ahead from console retards), use an abundance of mods and so on.

Last edited by psolord on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tom"]
psolord wrote:
<-----psolord, in case you are wondering.

Holy crap man, thanks for clarifying it was me, cause I thought this was your dad for a moment.

Hollow insults aside, I explained myself.

You and Stumpus are more than welcome to explain how this is not the console's fault, since its maker gave it this option as well as let it get published like this, with its blessings.

Not being able to play a game from the beginning on the PC *all means permitted*? Don't think so.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up educating you. Total fucking waste of time. Unless we can do a Powerpoint presentation over the internet maybe but I'm not even sure you can learn from pictures. You have all those Dora the Explorer books and you learned nothing from them. Use google bud.

And how can you mistake yourself in your superman outfit? C'mon man. My Dad's been gone for a while now bud but nice try. Wink
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:

No need to be sorry. A well defended argument is always welcome. I am not one of these guys that only appreciate arguments that only share my point of view.

That being said, I see what you mean, but still, TPM has not been used, not even for Microsoft's Windows protection.

Imo there's no such thing as PC and protection. Multi $$$ programs have been hacked, that need hardware hash keys. Once the code gets loaded into memory, there's nothing stopping it from being cracked. So far, nothing has survived.

The reason I am posting this as an argument, is that obviously software companies know that already and are not willing into developing DRM that exploits this. It will just go down the drain, sooner or later. For example, where's starforce these days?

I am not talking specifically about game protection and their cracking, I am talking about game protection in the respect of using a specific hardware key, to bind your serial, to that hardware key and have them fuck up your save games.

All in all, although I respect the protection path a developer takes, I can just as easily say a big fuck you to them and just go to the pirated version, if they do anything of the like.

Even though it's not being used right now, there were plans for it a year or two ago. I'm not sure if that's on hold right now or totally canceled as a concept, but everyone knows that the people responsible for this type of draconian measures are waiting for an excuse to make it mainstream. I will not be surprised to see it on iPad X or similar devices as well since the easier target would be portables.

As for starforce, it's concept was to be the best protection ever made and for a while that was true. Developers had to shell out lots of money for it and everyone but the consumer was happy...until it got cracked for good. Improving it would've been too expensive so everyone ditched the idea. Same fate awaits every protection, but that doesn't mean it's going to stop the developers from using whatever means they see fit.

Having that in mid, its a pure outrage to tell people what they can do with a product they bought. Even if it's a license to use a certain software, the whole idea of gaming is being raped by this measure. You're not allowed to replay your game? Those guys are fucking stupid! I hope this is a one time screw up, because there'll be a more serious answer from the gaming community.

Whatever future we have in front of us, I hope we don't have to deal with this kind of crap.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
I give up educating you. Total fucking waste of time. Unless we can do a Powerpoint presentation over the internet maybe but I'm not even sure you can learn from pictures. You have all those Dora the Explorer books and you learned nothing from them. Use google bud.

And how can you mistake yourself in your superman outfit? C'mon man. My Dad's been gone for a while now bud but nice try. Wink

Well, you are welcome to try. I am nowhere as thick as you are. I just love my PC freedom (software and hardware) too much I guess. You are welcome to let yourself be locked into virtual cages.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Didn't mean it that way, but hey, you had posted that ugly picture of my mom a while back and it was not flattering at all, having just woke up from bed and all! Wink
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:
We are not talking about reselling here. I am not interested in that. Whoever is, buy the DVD version and have fun.

Incorrect it IS about reselling ffs! The game is yours and yours alone, you can't rent OR RESELL it....duh!!

Quote:
As for the definition of the PC gamer, I'd say the contrary. A PC Gamer is a strongly witted individual, who does not consider the setting and maintenance of a decent and well operating PC, as a challenge. So the retard here, is the console gamer, who is to dumb to think of anything else than insert disc and click clickity click.

Erm the retards are the PC gamer since they NEED a pc to hack and destroy ordinary lives. You don't go hacking with a fucking PS3 or XBox. wholly fuck

Quote:
A PC Gamer, can use his game as a toy as well. Change settings, go back to previous settings to see how they fair, try new patches and completely new stuff (ie Crysis 2), benchmark its ass in both an epenis and tech enthusiast fashion (hey not all PC users are of the same quality-but still miles ahead from console retards), use an abundance of mods and so on.

Yeah you can modify and use mods etc, trouble is this isn't 1995!
To play online you must have an UNMODIFIED game, with official settings etc AND it connects to servers to check. It's a no-brainer, and your justification leans heavily on the stupidity of the average PC Gamer today and highlights exactly why the world of pc gaming is full of dimwits.
Console owners are what exactly? Lower intelligence than pc owners??
That's exactly what makes people like you as stupid as they come.
Who makes games for consoles? PC devs/progs/M$ is who. The same pos shit that the PC gamer prides themselves on on being better......you see what you sound like.
COD,MW all played by -the supposed- intelectual pc gamer. The SAME game on console. You think by having an .ini file makes you more intelligent? Or how about a bunch of setting sliders? or the fact that PC supports 64+ as opposed to 32 players online seperates the formats.
Seriously, it's people like YOU that lower the inteligence of ANY gamer and stereo-type them.
I built and played PCgames and systems from nearly 20years ago. Those WERE PC days of modding etc. Non of this shit of plug 'n' play crap! The average pc gamer installs a CPU/RAM, graphics card or HDD and thinks they are leagues above everyone else and are a technician.
Try working with expanded mem or high mem sys and making boot menus etc.
As for a fluctuating bench mark figure, who really cares about 300fps or any of that? apart from the annaly challenged, insecure pc player... Gameplay is MORE important than graphics or any of that shit..
Graphics are not from the pre-2000 era anymore. Especialy sitting 13ft away on a 46" 3D TV. Maybe with your nose touching a 22" monitor from 2ft it is -so you can experience the 'PC experience of control' touch screen....
Please, get over yourself and have a read as to what you sound like..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: