Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Epic on Piracy and PCs [29011]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PoliticalMaestro
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 229
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to create piece of great work it takes time and effort, include the myriad of PC configurations out there and you can see why EPIC prefer the "drag and drop" method when it comes to console. Time is money and EPIC has carried out the number crunching and the accountants in the gimp department have produced amazing financial reports that forecast a cornucopia of profit.

Mike is really saying we neither have the means, time or effort in developing PC titles so we'll sacrifice a newborn to the lord of CONSOLE ........ cha ching $_$!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Posts: 2504
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eudolus wrote:
and Stumpus, thats why there are fewer ignorant players on the pc because we have a tendancy to try before we buy, not all of us need to taste shit to realize its shit, we can usually tell by the look and smell, and gta4 was a nuke of shit


Obviously it WAS on your PC with your statement.
But this is exactly the case for arguement, when optimised for a system, ie the consoles, it becomes an absolute raging success. Your so pig ignorant and Narcissistic you couldn't spot a good game -unless of course it 'passes' what exactly? Your PC fps count......... Rolling Eyes
What is it with PC gamers they've never moved on for the past 15years! I *WAS* one of them throughout that time (gulp) I built and customised my own machines when you COULD without buying a fucking OS every year, or having a limit on changing MY OWN hardware =M$ bunch of pricks!!!!

Today the egotistical PC owner HAS to justify his hardware financial outlay by judging it by a GAME ROFL!!
"Wow if i don't get 300fps out my 300buck card then the game isn't worthy" Big clue; it's been like that since the early 90's and the birth of 3DFX and a whole 2-4mb on your Diamond Monster through to 12mb Voodoo's. Except back then we enjoyed what we got then because we enjoyed the work that went into building a rig. 3DFX sprites were amazing (the birth of early 3D) Tomb Raider, Shadow Warrior etc. Through to the BEST flight sims etc EVER made and ALL DEAD years ago!
Now it's just full of spoilt PC brats, that call 'customising', sticking in a stick of RAM,changing a graphics card or CPU.......Dev's today who couldn't put a game WORTHY of being on a PC 10years ago.
Today it's all about ripping the tits off PC owners whethers it's via the OS or only activating/playing a PC game when it is PERMANENTLY connected to the 'big brother'. What the hell is wrong with the PC owner today? You get a weird kick out of being 'controlled' and told what to do?? Build a new rig =sorry your OS can't go with that etc,etc.

You guys are absolute laughable. It's a permanent justification trip/vendetta. It all boils down to your ego justifying DAILY that my graphics card costs MORE than a console THEREFORE it's BETTER than any game console. Except it isn't true. Equilibrium is only met when the cost matches the performance on the screen, which in the dynamic platform of the PC very,very rarely happens and even so NEVER across the whole spectrum.
The console is the nearest to this equation, since games are made ultimately getting the utmost out of it's performance.
Sad but true. You will however never accept that since your card is BETTER than ANYONE elses =as you bought it and it plays games better than anyone elses on ANY platform.....egotisticaly SAD =
Quote:
because we have a tendancy to try before we buy, not all of us need to taste shit to realize its shit, we can usually tell by the look and smell
sums up your ilk up nicely
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tub0rg
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 05 Jun 2005
Posts: 151

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for the clueless people like tom who think pc gaming is dead, id just like to point out that wow alone generates 1,4 billion a year just in sucription revenues. its pretty safe to say with merchandise and micro transaction fees and box sales (wich mostly are sold online) that wow alone will create 2 billion revenue a year.
obviously wow is the biggest monthly fee mmo but still all pay to play and micro transactions mmos that exist today easily create 4 to 6 billion $ a year.

if you combine that with pc box sales and online distribution wich isnt accounted for in pc game sales you will be pretty close to the console market cash wise.

of course epic wouldnt know anything about that since the only games they do since fraeking forever, are arcade scifi shooters and dont dare call gears of war anything but arcade, since it is.

of course with consoles you get a whole bunch of people who either cant afford a pc, or didnt know who to use it (probably a lot more on the latter) so you have bunch of newbees, and i dont mean that as an insult but as a matter of fact, that havent played that arcade shooter 20 times over like the old vets of pc gaming have. so the games epic produces are a much better fit for consoles then for pc gaming right now.

and honestly, i really dont mind. i wouldnt even play them if i got them for free.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 06 Aug 2005
Posts: 966
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tomtom and Dufus

You guys should really take your heads out of your asses. Maybe that way you will see more clearly your shitty textures on 720P and 30fps in 95% of your games. Project Natal, hahaha, project Lagal Crapal. One more product for people with an inherited lag in their brain.

Yes I paid more for each of my two graphics cards than any of the current consoles, but I can play everything at 1920X1080 +4XAA with 60fps+. The good thing is that I could have that for 95% of the games with just one card, but what the hell. You want fucktard gameplay? Be my guest.

At least I get to have, Internet, Music, HD movies in any format, Emulators for 99% of the games out there, Email and what the fuck you can think of.

PCs are dying? So AMD and Nvidia will let the PC die and live alone on revenue from the console chips? Don't think so. AMD has already shipped 6.000.000 Evergreens. Evergreens go to PCs, not consoles.

GTFO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 4299

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy F, you people don't give up do ya. It's like Abbot and Costello on the baseball field. Me take my head out of my ass, haha yeah.. ok numbnuts. Rolling Eyes

Actually.. I have a lot of games that work at 1080p. My LCD is 60" of goodness. Have you ever seen Tiger Woods on console as compared to ANY version on PC? Probably not. TW dies on PC due to lack of sales/interest. Just like dozens and dozens of other "once" PC games.. TW for one, blows the shit out of PC and it ain't even close. 30fps, whatever man what a lame argument. All my games on my LCD run silk smooth. Some maybe initially when they came out were choppy but I do not have any choppy games (27 ps3 games and counting). One for example is Killzone 2.. I remember initially it was a wee bit laggy, but I since finished the game a few weeks ago after downloading a few patches and never experience 1 bit of lag. It was bugs, I have no other games that video lag at all. I know, I would notice, I know I would get a headache..

I have a 1 x GTX 260 896MB and I run ALL my games at 2048x1152 with 16AF and 4AA on 24" screen with >=2ns response time. What fucking retard goes and wastes money on SLI?! I'm sure the video card company is happy you did..What a total fucking waste of money. NO game needs it. Obviously you have little brains to think with but a big wallet to throw money away.

The movies and internet and music really made me laugh. You really are a clued out moron aren't you? I have FULL media streaming from my PC to my PS3. I can watch movies, listen to music and cruise the internet without a problem and as a matter of fact, up and until recently I could flip my console into a PC with mouse and keyboard and use Linux. I could manage my files and share them with others on my network, all from my CONSOLE! But Sony is a bunch of dumb fucks who removed that. As of right now, I have INSTANT access to +200 movies through my PS3 and they are ALL excellent quality because I dubbed them myself. Yes, I used my PC to do that!

PC is dead for a gaming solution. Any person with a brain on their shoulders knows that. You are just a fucking moron (that I've been speaking about) who hasn't figured it out yet. So when you tell people to take their heads out of their asses, you go first because I think yours is shoved further up than anyone elses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 5585
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
PC is dead for a gaming solution. Any person with a brain on their shoulders knows that. You are just a fucking moron (that I've been speaking about) who hasn't figured it out yet. So when you tell people to take their heads out of their asses, you go first because I think yours is shoved further up than anyone elses.

Unfortunately, there are no facts to back up either side - yet. Just wait a year or two.
There's no need to insult others - it's not going to help in proving your point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 06 Aug 2005
Posts: 966
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Holy F, you people don't give up do ya. It's like Abbot and Costello on the baseball field. Me take my head out of my ass, haha yeah.. ok numbnuts. Rolling Eyes

Actually.. I have a lot of games that work at 1080p. My LCD is 60" of goodness. Have you ever seen Tiger Woods on console as compared to ANY version on PC? Probably not. TW dies on PC due to lack of sales/interest. Just like dozens and dozens of other "once" PC games.. TW for one, blows the shit out of PC and it ain't even close. 30fps, whatever man what a lame argument. All my games on my LCD run silk smooth. Some maybe initially when they came out were choppy but I do not have any choppy games (27 ps3 games and counting). One for example is Killzone 2.. I remember initially it was a wee bit laggy, but I since finished the game a few weeks ago after downloading a few patches and never experience 1 bit of lag. It was bugs, I have no other games that video lag at all. I know, I would notice, I know I would get a headache..

I have a 1 x GTX 260 896MB and I run ALL my games at 2048x1152 with 16AF and 4AA on 24" screen with >=2ns response time. What fucking retard goes and wastes money on SLI?! I'm sure the video card company is happy you did..What a total fucking waste of money. NO game needs it. Obviously you have little brains to think with but a big wallet to throw money away.

The movies and internet and music really made me laugh. You really are a clued out moron aren't you? I have FULL media streaming from my PC to my PS3. I can watch movies, listen to music and cruise the internet without a problem and as a matter of fact, up and until recently I could flip my console into a PC with mouse and keyboard and use Linux. I could manage my files and share them with others on my network, all from my CONSOLE! But Sony is a bunch of dumb fucks who removed that. As of right now, I have INSTANT access to +200 movies through my PS3 and they are ALL excellent quality because I dubbed them myself. Yes, I used my PC to do that!

PC is dead for a gaming solution. Any person with a brain on their shoulders knows that. You are just a fucking moron (that I've been speaking about) who hasn't figured it out yet. So when you tell people to take their heads out of their asses, you go first because I think yours is shoved further up than anyone elses.


First of all, what kind of retard plays Golf on a gaming device? Seriously man, go the fuck out to experience the real thing. It's not like driving around like crazy or shooting people. You couldn't do that for real.

Obviously there are some PS3 games that run at 1080P. This is not the rule though. This is the exception to the rule, contrary to the PC, which can run every fucking game it wants in 1080P or whatever resolution. There is a very basic brain function, that is called, HAVING A FUCKING CHOICE dimwit. The PC can even run freagin Wii games, at 1080P resolution through emulation for the love of God.

So, your PS3 is so awesome that you can actually download the latest H264 5.1 mkv file and watch it on it, WITHOUT using the PC in any way? No you can't. Can you run a P2P program, to find rare stuff, do you have Compiz Fusion in your semi baked Linux version? No you don't. Can you watch smooth 1080P videos on Youtube? No you can't. So STFU!

For just a little more money than a PS3, you can have a much much better PC and having far more options for everything. And yes you'd have much more 1080P gaming options as well.

As for the gaming smoothness, I see SONY and Microfuck have done a great job into herding you guys. Seriously now. Since when is 30fps smooth (again for 95% of the games). We've been having 60 frames per pixel screen scrolling since the Amiga and Atari ST. Who the fuck told you that 30fps is smooth?

They are throwing at you 720P, 30fps, motion blurred infested games, and you THINK that they are smooth, while playing them like a happy retard. All this blur serves as to hide the fucked up textures as well. As for SONY themselves, what kind of lies are they going to throw at you when the PS4 is going to come out? Do you think they are already rendering the "real time gaming" CGIs or not? Fucking LOL. Nice going supporting these cheating pimping lying bastards.

Seriously now, Red Dead at 640P on the PS3?
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18852/1/
What the fuck is that? They are going even lower than 720P now? How about 320X200 to rembermber the old days? 640P on a 60inch screen? Pacman had a finer resolution than this.

Dude seriously, throw the fucking thing out of the window and go get yourself a decent graphics card for your PC. Actually the GTX 260 is leaps and bounds better than any console, but you can always do better.

As for multi gpu, it really shows that you don't have no fucking idea about resolution, image quality and their relation to the framerate and the quality of the gaming experience.

You should watch my Crossfire Crysis videos and while watching them, you should keep thinking that you are not going to see this framerate, at these settings with that graphics quality, not even in PS5.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODC9RhfRMbA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBfV1ex07U8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw4n7fyrZCE

And here's Bad Company 2 as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9i8HpKDOaQ
I could go on but....

As a very wise man said once, BAAAAAAAAAAAH....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 5585
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:
Since when is 30fps smooth (again for 95% of the games). We've been having 60 frames per pixel screen scrolling since the Amiga and Atari ST. Who the fuck told you that 30fps is smooth?

I don't know; if you are looking at still pictures (such as those in golf games), 30FPS is pretty smooth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 2684

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Of course there is still piracy on consoles, it's just a lot less than for PC."

sure. And the less PC titles there are - the more piracy will be on consoles duh. What are they going to then? Move on to slot machines? Pinball?

Anyway, there is no way that gamers like my self are going to pick up console and gamepadto play gears, ut or anything fps. It is just not "natural" and it's downright retarded to aim with a stick. I do play racing games with gamepad, a lot better than on keyboard.

anyway, if I ever pick up a console it will be something like a Wii, so I can have family and friends have some fun while having a snack or a beer or whatever.

I can't see fun in playing NFS shift on PS3 without some lan/split screen option...

Piracy is not killing PC games, developers/publishers greed is. Video game industry is far past the time when only some people out there could code games. But somehow every developer thinks he should earn three ferraris and million dolar house per year. Bu-hu. Not gonna happen, and it's not due to pircy, it's due to COMPETITION and market laws.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group