Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Doom 3 [16575]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey FX5900, how much says that FX5950 is Stumpus? and i wonder if HX will ban these people with multiple alias'.

HX, i have some good experience with phpbb so if you would like some really nifty security tools, i can get you one that will list a user and all his ip's and usernames used on your site all in one nice interface you can ban them. i think this is a form of abuse that will get out of control on your site(already in progress). i dont' know what you got behind this forum, but these tools are really essential. there is also another package though i haven't check for sometime and it's called phpbb plus which contains by default a whole bunch of handy utilities/addons. i've been a mod for various games and trust me, these people will stop at nothing and destroy your forums.

just send me a private email and i can send you a link to it all. i'm sure you'll like it.
FX5950
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't put much on that xxxx. Why the hell would I need multiple aliases? Damn, you're a fool. And I'm sure HX is quite capable of running the site w/o your "Ahhhh....handy tools and nifty utilities..daaaah." LMAO. And what the hell are you talking about? Look at your own idiotic posts...as I quote "show me it fag, or you shut up. thanks for your pointless post." <--HEY your KEWL!!! You 0WN!!

And you should really stop pleading for HX to "make the mean people go away." It's pathetic, down right embarrassing.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuz HX could use a little help from nice handy dandy scripts. get rid of morons like u(like ur name, mocking FX5900). funny, you would have such comments. do you not want to promote and help this site? hiding something? ya i been on ggmania for hmmm, err ah...years??? how about you mr. 1 post. oh wait, mr 8 posts. I'm not saying I'm an angel, but in terms of Doom3, i have yet to have anyone prove my opinion is wrong, my points are all valid. in light of this forum, i don't go creating various accounts or XXXXdada.. see, that's banning stuff. when i worked for GSA, PlanetUnreal and Gspot as a moderator(purely voluntary) that's lifetime ban stuff. 1 account per person, same rules applies on nearly every forum. if you are caught with these handy dandy scripts, you are banned with not even a whisper of an emal. All serious forums have security in place, i fear that Hx simply installed phpbb and that's it. the worst forums i have ever seen are on EA where they don't even investigate posts but act on peoples complaints. what else to expect from EA? their support sucks, they only support 50% of whats on the market and when people complain of lack of support and are disgruntled on their site, they ban them. EA is a real work of art.

Last edited by xxxx on Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
FX5950
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I've been visiting the site for...hmm, years...yeah; off and on. I find it pretty funny how one's length of visiting the site, correlates to the post count; particularly since it's fairly new in the whole scheme of things.

What the hell would I be hiding? Anything more than you going around mascarading as "xxxx?" You need to get a clue, and quit acting like your on to some conspiracy that doesn't exist. I enjoy the content of the site. One of the few I even get on, but don't think I'm not gonna step in and say something when you get a bunch of idiots running around ranting like they're something they aren't. The annoyance only gets tolerated for so long. Just because I chose to post today (with a registered name) doesn't mean I just fell off the truck. Why don't you go come up with other angle nancy, cuz the one you're whining about isn't working.. .
*** Let me add (again - since you seem to like going back adding more of your sob story and "working" forums). YOU need to get off this "LIFETIME BAN" shit, I am ONE person - I have ONE account. You need to quit your crying - it's getting tiresome - not to mention pathetic. Ahhh..."banned w/o a whisper of an email.." Jeeezus. Have you ever sat down are read your own posts?! You've got some serious issues you need to work on. Just quiet yourself already. I'm starting to feel bad for ya...ughh.

Last edited by FX5950 on Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL XXXX and his 'persoanlity disorder' AKA CaptBra, are akin to a drunk. You just can't tell him he's an alchoholic. The same goes for his disorderly rants, WE can SEE how STUPID he looks but HE CAN'T!

Ok his other 'paranoia' has surfaced, he thinks that i'm posting under several alias. ROFLMAO the guy's losing it BIG TIME!!!!

Yeah XXXX/CaptBra whatever you are tonight?, it's **ALL A CONSPIRACY AGAINST YOU**

As for requesting HX help, isn't that as two-faced as you get(and typical of you to boot) !? Since your the one who BLATANTLY criticised him for *liking* Far Cry.

Your the type of fool who would shoot a guy then ask the cops for protection......yeah XXXX/CaptBra your BONKERS!!

Anyway, you can tell your machine is useless with a 9600 card and playing DOOM3, why? 'cause your never away from here!!!

Oh and before you retort, i get DOOM3 on Friday! You see how it is easy to string you along like a Donkey and the proverbial CARROT!! LOL

WOOF, WOOF here's XXXX and co rising to the bait as per usual....saddo
Sly
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
http://www.ggmania.com/pics/04/specials/doom3hi/doom3hi03.jpg

Hmm... which part of the game is that? I've barely started playing =P Could you try disabling bumpmapping from the advanced settings menu and show us another screencap of that place?

And if i was the mod, you'd all be banned for having potty mouths =P Chill guys! ^_^
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u rn't worth a reply anymore, you're just too damn stupid. believe what you want imbecile but i am xxxx and that's all i ever have been. u don't know squat about me, or anything i do or have done. ur just a clueless wonder here to continually make an ass of yourself. i have yet to see you come up with anything contrary to any of my posts/or anyone elses in this review. u dont even have doom3 and ur on here blabbing. ur a moron. i sincerely doubt u even have FC. but to sit here and continually promote a game that has zero community online and nothing at all going for the game just shows how dumb u r. these guys put out a patch and recall, wow, great thanks for that! FC is nothing but a single player game and it's all it will ever amount to. single player game that doesn't take long to finish with the dumbest AI i ever played, when you can hide behind rocks and boxes and finish the whole game that way, i call that pretty lame(need some video's Stumpass?). doom3, i am merely walking thru it currently at 2nd from hardest skill level(uh veteran maybe, cant recall)..after about 1 hour the game is damn predictable and might i add, n00bish in gameplay. i just love the contstant repetition near end of levels where they lock the doors and spawn a crap load of creatures, woo innovative eh? and again, for retards like stumpus, that's just "my" opinion.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sly wrote:
xxxx wrote:
http://www.ggmania.com/pics/04/specials/doom3hi/doom3hi03.jpg

Hmm... which part of the game is that? I've barely started playing =P Could you try disabling bumpmapping from the advanced settings menu and show us another screencap of that place?

And if i was the mod, you'd all be banned for having potty mouths =P Chill guys! ^_^

it's all over the map man, open your damn eyes and quit drooling over the bump mapped creatures Laughing enough of this bump map bs ok. there is no bump mapping on the wall textures. various animated elements are bump mapped and models are bump mapped. there is ZERO bump mapping on the map itself.
Sly
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffTopic

@xxxx
Just out of curiosity, since i haven't played that many games. What fps game have you played that has the best AI? I'd like to try it out. The one's i've played kinda fell short (okay, they fell flat on their faces) on their hype.
FX5950
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such hostilities around here...
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sly wrote:
OffTopic

@xxxx
Just out of curiosity, since i haven't played that many games. What fps game have you played that has the best AI? I'd like to try it out. The one's i've played kinda fell short (okay, they fell flat on their faces) on their hype.

the best bots i seen thus far, Condition Zero. in terms of massive mp, ut2k4 has good bots, sof2 had good bots and honestly, it's hard as hell to come up with a game with great bots. Condition Zero I'd say are the most human like type ai. course i know peeps will flame me for saying CZ, but they are damn good. In Doom3 the guys with actual guns are not bad(they dive and roll etc) but i haven't really had a hard time killing em and i'm playing at Veteran level. if i did like in FC and hide behind a rock or a box, in CZ, they'd launch a nade and they'd storm me. in FC, they are so dumb they walk up to where you are and just sit there. or in FC where you are under the dock, they can't figure out, hmm, lets walk down the ramp and shoot him, or lets shoot thru the floor where the holes are or lets drop a nade and run..i finished FC 3 times, last time i did it all using local cover, like a box or a rock or a bush. i kid you not, all hiding. thats a really good question but now at end of my response, the best bots by far so far is CZ, the official bot. Best and most human like decision making i seen so far in any game. another reason i am so waiting for HL2.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
PLEASE RESPECT THE FORUM RULES!
Quote:

2. No verbal violence, flaming (beginning a fight) or "dirty-talk" is allowed: no swearing or using sexual loaded words.

3. No harassing. Be nice, people. Any postings or chat questions including personal attacks or threatening, violent, sexual or downright mean comments-including using the word "duh" or calling somebody stupid-will be deleted immediately.

8. Stay on topic. Blabbing about stuff that doesn't relate to the article wastes space and time

well thanks to those sending me private messages about Stumpus including you CaptStar, but don't worry he doesn't affect me. but plz stop cuz i have to keep looking and deleting, lol. @hx, people are abusing ur forums all the time man.. sigh. take a look at the usernames.. xxxdada, fx5950 etc.. let me know if you want these scripts it can save you LOTS of time and i don't know many sites that don't use them. anyhow, ur choice, ur site. unless of course u don't mind 1 person with 3 accounts cuz i'll create one too. hey hx, i thought of a great idea too for ur site, what about a photogallery thingie? somewhere people can post pics of the games they play. like in this thread, would have been of immense help if i could have just posted shots to show my reasons for my comments.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha i love it, hx is back and ALL OF A SUDDEN, it's quiet. LMAO!
Sly
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if some letters are missing my 'e' key is acting up o_O

Offtopic
@xxxx
Thanks, i'm adding CZ to my to get list =) As for SOF2, i'll dig it up, my pc didn't have the juice to run it back then so it got dumped in the closet somewhere XP

Ontopic
@xxxx
About the missing bumpmaps. Then what were the screenshots i took in the other page? I took them in pairs to show them with and without bumpmaps. At first i didn't see them too til i found the option to turn them off, then found that they were everywhere. Looking at the pic you linked, and comparing it to the screencaps i made, it's pretty much everywhere too. Otherwise, everything would look totally flat as shown in my screencaps. One thing i noticed about Doom3 is that it uses bumpmaps even when the lightsource is static --_--;;

I'll try to compare them with the screencaps i put on page 5. Fifth post from the bottom.

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/1296/doom3hi03a.jpg

Red - Assuming the textures are tiled along that wall instead of one giant texture for the entire wall. The reflection of the light on the corner is different in each instance, the one on the left shows the light source coming from the lower right, while the one on the right shows the light coming from below. It's seen on both shadow and highlight. This indicates that the texture is reacting to the position of the light which can only be done with bumpmaps or speculars. It's the same as the wall in my fourth set.

Pink - Same thing here

Blue - This would be totally flat if there weren't bumpmaps. Check out the floor of the 2nd set (The one with the stairs). Also check out the lower left floor of the 1st set (The rounded hallway)

Green - Similar to the holes in the walls of my third set. The one with the red door.

Also, if you look at the walls around the red door with bumpmapping off, you'll see that each wall is actually madeup of a single texture. Almost no shadows are predrawn, it's completely flat. Turning on the bumpmapping adds the missing shadows and makes it looks like separate panels.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry didn't see em. leaving right now, going home. check when i get back and edit this post. well im not recommending you buy CZ, but that's ur choice. i always have played CS and took it up after an almost 2 year absence because i was just tired of the other games out there. but let me see your post when i get home. i will be amazed if you have shown me bump mapping such as the Ultra shots didnt show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: