Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Crysis Preloads [24512]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Crysis Preloads [24512] Reply with quote

For those of you who want to download your copy of Crytek's upcoming first person shooter Crysis, the

EA Store is now letting you

pre-load the full game with purchase. There's both the regular and Special Edition versions to download (the Special Edition adds an exclusive multiplayer vehicle among other e

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Badmagic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s odd, I noticed it a while ago but its becoming more and more pronounced but when a game is hyped as much as this one it kind of kills it for me before its even launched, if it had been released about six or eight months ago I would have been looking forward to it but with the constant advertising it gets in particular the build up over the last couple of months I really am not that interested in it anymore.

Its not a case of getting over-hyped so the final product is a letdown or anything but I just grow bone weary of the attention games get prior to a launch or at the least the many months (years in some cases) prior to release.

I placed a pre-order quite some time ago for it but I don’t really have an incentive to play when it finally is released, I did try the demo also but I didn’t really enjoy it, hoping it’s a little more immersive in retail.

Not saying its bad or anything I just grow increasingly weary of the hater Vs. fanboy crowd that seem to chase all games, its an endless sea of extreme polar opposite opinions.

The only real solution for people like myself I suppose is to tune out and just not read any of it as others are happy to discuss it endlessly.

On a side note, I just read that back and it does sound a little whiny, to confirm, I am not saying the site (or any other site for that matter) should ignore the game or anything remotely like that, just posting wondering if anyone else is getting weary with Crysis before it’s even out.

***EDIT***

Fixed a couple of major glaring spelling errors that even I could not ignore, sorry about that.

*END*EDIT*

Last edited by Badmagic on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree the hype killed this game for me, the demo was fun... but nothing Great....the suit that you ware is pretty much god mode with a time limit..

its sad for a game like that you need a rig with everything top of the line to enjoy the full features of it... ill download this game and run it in dx9 mode... if it runs better then the dx10 mode for me ill BUY IT.. if not i wont...

my rig is pretty good, and this game runs like crap on the lowest settings for me... maby the 8800GTs is holding me back.. but i wont buy a GT because everyone knows the new cards will be out next year.
Sicilianblooded
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tryed both demos: single and multiplayer.
Single is pretty good but nuffin so revolutionary i think.
The multiplayer sucks big times i thought it was something very innovaty and somehow speed but i really dont like it. The maps are too much big and so few players for it.
I will play the retail single player of the game when it's out just for fun but if i wanna play a multiplayer then i will go to play Teamfortress 2.
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF $49.95 for normal and $59.95 for special yet they are both DOWNLOADABLE ! you expect me to use my bandwidth and pay the same price as the store ? do you think im MAD ? i'd rather spend my bandwidth testing a pirate version, 2 fingered salute to EA it should be $20 for downloads its my electricity and bandwidth you should pay be BIATCH EA !

btw Ed is it because you live in Greenland ?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an age old addage to *stay away* from forums/hype etc if you want a game. Play the demo (provided one is released) and then you make your own mind up, without being tarnished by everything you've read about it.
I've played the death out of the demo, pissed about with the physics,explosions etc. It's nothing to talk about, and is really poor (imo) ,but, and it's a major BUT, it is *open* and moddable. Which may save it.
The first things that caught my eye that i didn't like:
1)You can't actualy put things down, like a barrel,object,grenade nor animal -he *always* throws them.

2)Why can't you pick dead soldiers bodies up? You can pick every-bloody-thing else!

3)Why can't you pick up a vehicle (if you are so strong) why just punch it!!!??? Even if it's an edge to roll over.

4)You cannot pick the rifles/ammo off of guys in the MG position on jeeps/boats

5)Newspaper is like steel when you throw it, and has no physics whatsoever of paper

6)You automaticaly kill turtles/birds when you throw them into water or on the sand ,yet soldiers don't die (unless you throw them high enough or off ledges)

7)The deaths are animated and no where near as good as Far Cry's.

8)It takes far,far toooo many bullets to kill an enemy. That balance is completely knackered!! Like who's *supposed* to have the special suit....... Rolling Eyes

9)bullet penetration is not modeled -yeah like a heavy .50cal can't go through corrugated steel sheeting. Never mind a pistol Rolling Eyes

10)brickwork isn't destructable, like an RPG wont destroy it nor penetrate it. Get real!

Far Cry 2 http://farcry.us.ubi.com/teaser/
and OFP2 http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2/usa/operationflashpoint2.php look to be worth keeping an eye on in the future.
But again it's advisable to stay away from those forums/mags that get their knickers in a twist and blow things out of proportion!

In all, Crysis is a game made for DX10 -that no doubt looks good in DX10-but without a DX10 card it's just that, a GAME, which as some folks have said is just a Far Cry upgrade.
It will do well on console no doubt.
Majnun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand I have no idea if this game is worth a crap or not. I have not played the demo, but will probably end up buying the game anyway. Everything Stumpus said does sound like the kind of things I'd find extremely annoying...but they wouldn't kill the game for me.

On the other hand (and the reason I'm bothering to reply to this) if the HYPE surrounding a game kills the game for you...um...that makes you only slightly less of a dipshit than if the hype made you go out and buy it. I mean really now...if the hype, build-up, advertising, moronic fanboy wars, etc, has ANY affect on you whatsoever you might just be a hammerhead. I don't understand how it could have ANY affect at all...it's irrelevant. It doesn't make the game good, it doesn't make the game bad.

So (in my opinion) anybody who has their opinion of ANY game affected (positively or negatively) by the hype/advertising/flamewars/bullshit machine surrounding & leading up to a game's launch is kind of sad.

edit: With all my rambling I forgot to mention that YES it's utter bullshit that they charge the same price to download the game. The entire POINT of being able to buy and download a game is the fact that it circumvents the publisher and should cost LESS. Anyone who pays full price to download this (or any game) is a total jackass and just encourages them to continue doing it (and I hope you get run over by a bus). Smile
Safer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Om nom nom nom! Seems like EAs efforts to keep it from the masses until release is worth piss! Grabbing torrent as we speak :3
Badmagic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Majnun, I havent read a rant like that since xxxx was shown the door.
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahahah so xxxx got the boot huh.. yeah I was away for some time.
Sicilianblooded
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree about these 2 points:

3)Why can't you pick up a vehicle (if you are so strong) why just punch it!!!??? Even if it's an edge to roll over.

8)It takes far,far toooo many bullets to kill an enemy. That balance is completely knackered!! Like who's *supposed* to have the special suit....... Rolling Eyes

COME ON..........................................
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badmagic wrote:
lol Majnun, I havent read a rant like that since xxxx was shown the door.

Very Happy

My impression of the demo was actually very positive. I enjoyed it and felt really engrossed, but the Sandbox editor is what made my day.
I absolutely love level design and this is the kind of editor that I'm going to spend a long time with.
Has anyone played any of the MP levels from the retail yet? are there any traditional style maps? that's my main concern really. Big islands are great, but nothing beats an arena.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: