Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Microsoft on Vista Gaming Problems [23157]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
devilhood wrote:
Firstly: Windows Blinds is laggy resource hogging pile of crap, causing serious issues with many applications.

I think you forgot, 'at least on my pc.' in your post. I had no problems with it, I don't use it anymore because I just use the uxtheme hack. I'm lazy and it does what I want.

I have a 3.2 GHz OC'd Core 2 Duo and the program has issues even on a clean RyanVM install of XP SP2 Slipstreamed.
I use a lot of power apps (I do a lot of production work) and even though WB can make XP look bloody gorgeous, it still causes some very bizarre issues.
Problems like that caused me to stop supporting Stardock, in all honesty, Windows Blinds, Desktop X and Icon X have both been through some seriously frustrating buggy stages in their development.

My opinion of the Mac, is that it is an extremely excellent multimedia and production orientated system. I've yet to see a PC system come with anything as remotely good as iLife, and when it comes to Video work, nothing can beat Final Cut Pro.
The GUI is sleek and absolutely gorgeous, with nothing cheesy or samey about it.
It has a large selection of games, but they're not the kind of games me and you play, they're simpler in a niché cute kind of way.
In-terms of general system administration and tools, Version Tracker would blow your mind. The quality of shareware and freeware apps is astonishing, obviously comparable to Linux in many ways, but there is just something about the Mac that is uniquely attractive.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I run Windowblinds 5.1 for starters? It's too bad you have problems, my AMD 4600 X2 seems to have no problems with it all maxxed out. Even Rainbow Six Vegas and COH perform impeccably. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I had a problem. Must be lucky. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: