Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Monday Reading - Xbox Live For Free? Maybe So [23248]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Monday Reading - Xbox Live For Free? Maybe So [23248] Reply with quote

Supreme Commander reviews - IGN is first to weigh in on Chris Taylor's Supreme Commander giving it a 9.0,

Eurogamer and

Pro-G also gave it a 9.0. Another reviews can be found on

DH (8.5/10). The game will be officially out tomorrow. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl Im

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any true blue computer gamer wouldn't pay a dime for a pc version of Xbox-Live. I know I wouldn't... Hell I wouldn't even pay for Halo...3, even. lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hairball2
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill would pay for halo single player but not pc-xbox live...
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What in hell are you talking about? The article to me simply says, if you are using Vista Live you will be able to play with Xbox 360 Live people. PC = free, Xbox = perhaps free.

Sorry djRom. I think ur confused, Vista Live interoperates with Xbox Live and it's gonna eventually allow PC gamers vs Xbox 360 gamers..That was MS plan stated a long time ago. Their past news about this was obviously the bait to see if anyone cared for it and obviously they see potential to make money one way or another. Also another mechanism for them to fuel more sales of Vista...

I'm getting sick of these re-dug-up articles that's considered new news but old news. Or better yet, more than obvious news... Come on, you think Vista Live was just something to kill Gamespy and other browsers??

@SC reviews.

All the reviews of SC, most all their points or their opinions I do not swallow. I think the gameplay is tedious and borders on irritating. SC is for particular kind of RTS fans... I prefer the more simplicity of building in games like Empires: Modern World, Empire Eath 2, C&C and gulp even AOE and RON was great. I found the demo of SC, ok, but since I played it a few hours I have zero interest in the title..again, I guess you have to be a fan of how it's played. I personally find it boring, stupid and bland. I rather concentrate on strategies to attack opponents, not sitting and constantly wasting time in my base turning things off, managing power etc, mass and power converters, gimme a break. Talk about a lame method to put in sophistication.. I really can't see myself caring to buy this title...

Last edited by xxxx on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Quake Wars preview... missing article..

Quote:
Working with one of our covert ops guys—who masqueraded as a Strogg by stealing a uniform from a corpse and then surreptitiously knifing his “teammates” in the back (firing a weapon will make him revert to his GDF togs)—

Awesome.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...Not quite sure why you would think I'm not a true blue gamer? I nearly punched someone in the face this weekend because they were trying to explain to me how with my e6600, 2 gigs of PC2-6400, and 8800gtx couldn't run Oblivion at full settings, rofl. I'm that passionate. Of course he had no idea what a 8800gtx or e6600 is. lol

Stupid console monkies. (Yes, they have their place and thats acceptable, but don't try to be a mac user about it. lol)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djRom wrote:
Um...Not quite sure why you would think I'm not a true blue gamer? I nearly punched someone in the face this weekend because they were trying to explain to me how with my e6600, 2 gigs of PC2-6400, and 8800gtx couldn't run Oblivion at full settings, rofl. I'm that passionate. Of course he had no idea what a 8800gtx or e6600 is. lol

Stupid console monkies. (Yes, they have their place and thats acceptable, but don't try to be a mac user about it. lol)

Sorry my bad, didn't read ur post or understand it properly I guess so I fixed that. But ur one crazy mofo to have wasted ur coin on a 8800.. but as I found from other sites, everyone I read about that got one has some lame excuse like, "oh my company paid 40% off", or "I got it free from a contest" or, "the box was opened and I saved %40". Why can't people just admit they are lame, couldn't wait and bought into something that is merely an 'intro' product for even better ones coming in just a few months...

It's my understanding that until nVidia outputs the 8900 and 8600's, 8800 owners might not see any 'real' drivers. Don't ask me why.. just what I heard...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: