Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows Vista Goes Gold [22667]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Windows Vista Goes Gold [22667] Reply with quote

Microsoft announced
today that Windows Vista has been released to manufacturing. Vista will mark the first big shift in Microsoft consumer operating systems in over 5 years.
According to
Neowin, the RTM version of Vista will be available for MSDN subscribers sometime after November 10, while businesses

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Safer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to daddy!
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthless crap!
2 upgrades and you have to buy a new copy...yeah it's built for gamers Rolling Eyes This **WILL** kill gaming on the PC -not to mention motherboard,RAM,CPU and graphic card maufacturers.

What the fuck were microshaft thinking??? I upgrade at least twice a year; be it RAM or a new CPU it still counts.

Nope this will kill off PC gaming once the 'honeymoon' period is over and your new Vista $£2,000 rig is useless after 11months, and you need to upgrade.

What a joke!
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Worthless crap!
2 upgrades and you have to buy a new copy...yeah it's built for gamers Rolling Eyes This **WILL** kill gaming on the PC -not to mention motherboard,RAM,CPU and graphic card maufacturers.

What the fuck were microshaft thinking??? I upgrade at least twice a year; be it RAM or a new CPU it still counts.

Nope this will kill off PC gaming once the 'honeymoon' period is over and your new Vista $£2,000 rig is useless after 11months, and you need to upgrade.

What a joke!

Stumpus, before you poo yourself hehe, you might want to read this: http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39163866,00.htm Very Happy
I dont think M$ are gonna screw us over as bad as we all once thought.
Safer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilhood: Exactly - and the old revision was not really diffrent from XP in the first place so one should allready consider oneself screwed. Wink (btw - listened breifly to you music - very very good IMO)

And further, licensenses for XP by OEM distribution counted towards replacing it compleatly after any kind of hardware upgrade or such when larger components then PCI cards had been removed or uppgraded.

The industries licensens has allways been messed up while the retailers still will not pull down the full force of licence agreement on their customers.

"Well, did the HDD upgrade go well?"
"I'm sorry, but I can't install windows for you..."
"Why?!"
"Your licence key, while it still certainly works, needs to be replaced by a new one. I acctually got a discount for one, only $199.99 for Home edition now!"
"WHAT?!"

And the handling of licence controlls for retail customers will not change anyways.
Activation online - can be disabled with a little trick.
Validation? As long as your key appears as valid no problem. And since no information regarding your hardware generated key or licence key was transmited in a new activation they can not confirm anything just that you have once activated - a simple binary 1 or 0.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheerz Safer Smile didn't think anyone paid any attention to my signature haha.

Yeah, I guess M$ realise that restricting license usage and creating issues that conflict with an enthusiast's computer lifestyle would be disastrous.
It'll be the same story and the same cracks.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice tracks devilhood! Smile Definitely enjoying them, keep up the great work. Do you got a myspace page for your work by any chance?

As for this, I was actually thinking about buying my first copy of windows...ever. (Not saying I have pirated Windows, but it tends to come with computers and laptops..When you buy them, lol.) The Ultimate edition of course. Well..Maybe. haha
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Safer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try working as IT technitian in a support enviorment - you are bound to pirate windows at some point. Razz

Hopefully I can get my copy of Ultimate through the buisness, much cheaper that way - but my boss is increadibly stubborn - still belives that SP2 is satan so convincing him that Vista is something might be a challenge.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the desktop background says connected, but the taskbar says "cannot find server" Smile
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djRom wrote:
Very nice tracks devilhood! Smile Definitely enjoying them, keep up the great work. Do you got a myspace page for your work by any chance?

As for this, I was actually thinking about buying my first copy of windows...ever. (Not saying I have pirated Windows, but it tends to come with computers and laptops..When you buy them, lol.) The Ultimate edition of course. Well..Maybe. haha

I really wanted to buy Vista as well, but I'm totally short on cash, so depending on what the OEM version will cost for Ultimate, I guess I'll see.
Yeah, I have a myspace, there are a few external links on the Contact page, including a rather rediculous blog I post on now and then.
http://www.myspace.com/devilhood

I don't make a habit of logging on myspace often though.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista = snore, more gui bloat and not needed imo. XP ain't dead and it ain't dying for a 'long' time to come. I will go to Vista when it's actually needed.

Stumpus, thanks for the morning laugh... roflmao... go to Betty Ford clinic man, you need it. Pray
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(devilhood) Clearly, since you have been on since mid last month hehe. Well I went to add you. Smile Yeah, I didn't even think about looking under the contact page. haha

Yeah, I probably won't buy it till 90% or more programs need it and don't run under XP at all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou very much for that info devilhood, you made my day!!

I was just reading PCZone (which i had just received through the post) when they mentioned the 'two strikes and your out' Vista license. Thought 'what a load of bollocks, what a shafting the industry will get if this is true' Which of course it WAS fucking true PLANK xxxx!

You trying to call me a liar xxxx?

READ THE ORIGINAL LICENSE, PLANK (plank is xxxx real name, because he's 'as thick as...' and easily amused
Quote:
Stumpus, thanks for the morning laugh... roflmao
gee whiz....

The only clinic that would take you is Auschwitz...what a dim-wit, if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow out a candle... Rolling Eyes

Back on topic; it's still going to cost more for the 'gaming version' damn Evil or Very Mad
Safer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XP is in a sense Vistas worst rival as XXXX has proven (thanks man ^^) by his "GUI bloat - XP is not dead etc" comment.

But I for one like the so called bloated GUI, the vastly improved network platform, the pletfora of new media trinkets togather with other fun and ain't afraid to dish out for it, hell if "XP is enough" then 2k is sufficent for anything. But it's ugly and inefficient in a media enviorment which Microsoft pitches with Vista and which undenible is one of the greater perks that people are looking for.

As soon as I get a proper driver support *waves at nVidia and kicks Creative* I'm gonna sit on the RTM version like a hawk til release so I can brag about giving my $300 to MS.

Gah... if they would release it on MSDN allready! >_>

For the poor - bittorrent is still an option as ever Wink
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna get it when its out for privates. by then the worst kinks should be ironed out anyways. i really like beta2 especially the mediacentre is loads better than what comes with my tuner hardware
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: