Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Battlefield 2142 to Have In-Game Ads [22204]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 2142 to Have In-Game Ads [22204] Reply with quote

Electronic Arts today issued two separate press releases (#1,
#2), each announcing plans to insert advertisements into video games, as EA has signed deals with IGA and Massive for in-game ads. Interestingly, one of the titles to get this treatment will be Battlefield 2142. Financial terms behind the deals anno

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
yhancik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine, do we get a 15€ discount for it ?
Safer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*runs along a snow dune and stops in awe of a titan before seeing how it flares up in neon a large sign saying: "GET YOUR COLLEGE DIPLOMAS HERE!!!!!!1111 PENIS ENLARGEMENTS!!!!"

How about the term: GAMEBREAKING?

And yeah - I'm not gonna pay full price for something that rips out fracking ads to me ingame.
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone was going to be first to implement advertising in game on a large scale it was going to be EA. No suprises here.

Last time I paid full price for an EA game, I dunked my head repeatedly in the toilet and held my breath as long as possible till almost passing out to punish myself. I'm having flashbacks about that bowl right now just contemplating an EA product.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the chances of EA doing the right thing (like Sierra or whoever made the call in the first place did) are slim to nill. I am refering to Swat 4 after it debuted, it started to include in game ads, posters the on the walls, and thats right around the time when they dropped the game down in price. I think you can pick up the game for like 20$ now... And Swat 4 Gold is 30$ with the expansion pack. And Swat 4 is a great game, actually one of the few games I play on a semi-regular basis with friends at my house! Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree with all the comments. If they are gonna put crap ads in the game the price should drop. SWAT 4 is more of a modern game so the ads sometimes could go unnoticed. Can you imagine the ads, like the penis extensions joke or things like condom ads or tampon commercials or hemeroids... gawdd!!! shoot me now!
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they put ad's in games to make them more realistic, then I'll agree with that, which was the main concept in the first place anyways, but now it's seemed to have turned into "oh let's smack a billboard in the middle of the gorgeous bridge, and put a floating billboard on that gorgeous lake."
Useless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: