Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Half-Life 2: Episode Two - Portal movie [21915]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Half-Life 2: Episode Two - Portal movie [21915] Reply with quote

A new movie trailer (local US mirror ~ 51.8MB) for Half-Life 2: Episode Two is now available. The trailer illustrates
the recently unveiled Portal sub-game to be included with Valve Software's upcoming second expansion pack to their futuristic first-person shooter. The game mainly involves solving puzzles us

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool.
yhancik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if you don't want to download, you can watch it on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7aDZeO_MQ

it looks great, interesting.. although a little confusing.. maybe :p
but i'm looking forward
CaptStar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap this looks awesome!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God give me a break, you shoot portals. What a cheezy voice too.
AhPook
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta agree with xxxx, looks just sort of bleh.

TF2 might be interesting but I'm not getting my hopes up.
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who comments on the voice sounding "silly" or "weird" has completely missed the point and just given us an insight to their intellectual capabilities. I think portals are the new black in the FPS world, I would not be suprised if Crysis includes them in some form or another. That said though, I can't wait to try this out. I hope the later levels are as challenging as they make them out to be Smile
yhancik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should have a look at Narbacular Drop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narbacular_Drop , download link included)

it's a freegame, that maybe looks like crap, but has exactly the same portal concept than you find in.. Portal
and, be surprised, a part of the Narbacular Drop team (if not all?) is working on Portal

it doesn't have the physics of HL2, but it gives you an idea of how fun portals can be
yhancik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here's the teaser for TF2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaF638MBSAE&NR

(and Bonus Track! an old preview from the old TF2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXf7NBudV6w)
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb411, though I wasn't looking to stupidly argue with you..

First off, you're the intellectually deprived person. PORTALS are not new to FPS. Your statement of "I think portals are the new black in the FPS" shows you know jack shit and proves to everyone you are clueless and obviously a n00b at FPS games.. because anyone that has been playng FPS games for the past 5 years knows lots of games have used portals. Even bloody Quake 2 used portals. Yeah, I'm gonna go buy a game cuz I can shoot portals.. Pffff. Whoppe.

This Portal game is a joke and a cheap excuse where Valve is trying to be original and show HL is not all they got. And as I said, the nicely re-skinned turrets was a nice touch.. Valve is a joke imo and HL1 is all they got, they can buy out others but when it comes down to it, they aren't innovators they are just slugs making a buck on something that's already a sure bet..And they know A LOT of suckers like you will swallow this junk. As a matter of fact they count on people like YOU.

And the voice, which they tried to make sound cool is so dated it's funny and my comment was SARCASM(look it up ya dolt) towards it because it's old JUST LIKE THEIR IDEA FOR A GAME USING PORTALS. Figure it out you clueless bitch.
Safer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XXXX, I usally agree in some terms with some things you say, but you have a wee tendency to let that boiling, quaking and evil Valve hate explode, so let it reside a bit.

While portals ain't new in any way, they are however new to the mainstream gaming consumers. Since when did these people trolly around playing a obscure free-game, or download a mod pack to UT'99 with a black hole generator with the same portal generating effect like here?
It should stand fairly obvious.

While Valve certanly relies to much on that icky Steam system of theirs and the fact that Episode One was like a quick session HL2 yet not - would have been free, they do have a tendency to jump on the mainstream bandwagon fairly quick - which is a key to their survival aside from the HL franchise which I have no idea what they are making off.

But setting that obivous stuff aside - I think that Portal will be kinda fun. Mainly because one of the few things that attracted me to HL2 was fun with physics (since HL1 still sucks ass yet the handsom... I mean cool Gordon Freeman figure still lure me), so one can play with a semi-sequal to one pretty fun free-ware game plus physics - sounds like a deal to me. But I hope they reconsider pricing - god dammit - one much do they expecy people to pay for a freakin' addon?!

I hope they'll don't hype this thing to the max like with everything else though. Blergh.
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha X, sorry if I hurt your feelings. I know teleporters/portals are not new. I have been playing FPS since it's inception, you know wolf, doom etc.

The way this idea is being implemented in latest games is the "new and different" part. Anyways how about you take a deep breath and go play whatever it is you don't hate and relax Wink
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feelings aren't hurt and I wasn't mad.. I guess colorful language to you means I am hopping up and down. Well, you don't know me, hahaha.

I rather not comment on this lame Portal game anymore.. If it turns you on, then that's all that matters, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: