Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Half-Life 2: Episode One Gone Gold [21623]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Half-Life 2: Episode One Gone Gold [21623] Reply with quote

The first of the trilogy of episodic games,
Half-Life 2: Episode 1, has gone Gold with the release date of June 1, 2006.  The game is the first in a three part series, with the second installment coming late this year.

Episode One offers a new single player experience created by Valve, and is designe

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0 interest here. Sin MP however would be more welcome news.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone and everyone who played or plays HL2 MP. You'd be best to show Gabe how you feel about their support by not puchasing their addon. To those that want to argue "why", you are simply a n00b so just read. There are LOTS of cheats in HL2, be it CS or HL2 or DOD. LOTS! Aimbots, wallhacks etc, all go unnoticed by VAC. Valve has done NOTHING to secure your game and they've done literally nothing for the HL2 DM community. The HL2 DM community is all but dead, don't believe me, look at who's playing.. Literally nobody.. You can find maybe 10 populated servers at any time and typically what happens is you get in a good game and you get some lamer hopper(who believes he is skilled because he uses alias scripts rather than doing the moves manually) that literally makes everyone leave. It's the same thing unless you get on a server where his 'buddies' come on and hop around too. HL2 and Half-Life in general is the most raped game in terms of cheaters and lamers and all because Gabe and Valve don't give a crap about it except for CS and DOD.

So if you want to go and buy the expansion and ignore the fact Gabe and Valve don't give a shit about you, go ahead. Myself, I think Gabe and Valve can go F themselves 10x over. I'm not giving them any more of my money until they provide proper support to ALL of which they release in their box. That includes DM.

- Fix prop lag

- Fix model hitbox issues when crouch jumping

- Inability to pick up weapons

- Spawning into objects

- Floating and bouncing props

- Fix props that travel through people and then make them blink

- Props that bounce off people and don't kill them, like DESKS!

- Fix or limit or totally remove bunny hopping in DM, I don't care if Pro Mod or anything else uses it, this is DM and the only thing people use BH is to make up for lacking skills by creating confusion to their opponent. As well, BHing allows them to get around the maps 3x faster than anyone else. Why should people be required to use BHing?? Why should it be difficult for anyone new coming into the game? In UT, dodging or special powerups are DOCUMENTED. If BHing is supported by Valve, firstly people want to see official statement and then DOCUMENTATION.

- nade cooking, not a problem BUT a problem when it's scripted and painfully obvious when you got someone cooking nades and chucking em in a second while jumping and running around AND shooting. If someone can RECORD someone doing this with a CAM Corder THEN I will believe it can be done.

- teach or give instruction to those guys making MANI mod the ability to filter peoples alias commands or totally disable them. 3rd party anti-cheat is only made for CS really and I've heard that support towards DM has been a joke. Right now Mani Mod itself is a serious threat to HL2 because those with admin rights can go and screw up other peoples configs likely requiring them to leave the game, only because they were owning. I've had my config reset, I've had to set my config to read only but even still I have had idiots try and change my configs when I was owning them.

People had so much hope that Mani would be able to provide further protection and it was a total let down to know the creator didn't have the interest to followup with DM because a lot of what he can do in CS isn't even available in HL2. Others have said, Valve just never replied back and he just gave up.

Anyhow, Valve can blow themselves I ain't forking out another dime to them. Dirty, dishonest and biased support goes nowhere with me or my cash. I know there are suckers out there that will scoop up anything from Valve, but just remember you are doing parts of the community no good, if it means anything to you. I know a lot of fellow DM'rs that aren't buying into HL2 expansions.. Hats off to you!
iO
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: F YES ITS ABOUT TIME! Reply with quote

Shocked

ITS ABOUT F'iNG TIME SOMEONE ELSE IS SAYING THE SAME SH*T I HAVE BEEN FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS....

I HAD TO REGISTER TO LEAVE THIS

I WILL PROLLY NEVER B BACK BUT I WANTED TO SAY HATS OFF TO YOU BROTHER>>>>

STEAM, VALVE, GABE THE WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY HUNGRY WORTHLESS SOB'S ONLY INTERESTEED IN YOUR $

CAN'T KEEP YOUR SERVER FAVORITES WORKING
CAN'T KEEP YOUR GAME STABLE & RUNNING
AND WHEN IT DOES, WELL YOU HAVE LISTED MAYBE 20% OF THE ISSUES IT HAS.

I HEARD CS WASN'T EVEN THEIR GAME, THAT THEY BOUGHT IT FROM ANOTHER COMPANY, MAYBE THATS WHY IT'S MORE STABLE?

NOT THAT THEY PROLLY EVEN CARE ABOUT SUPPORTING ANYTHING SINCE THEY HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN YOU CASH.

F*CK STEAM
F *CK VALVE
F*CK WHOMEVER DECIEDED TO RELEASE WHAT IS OBLIVIOUSLY AN UNFINISHED UNSUPPORTED GAME, AND CONTINUES TO RAPE THE CONSUMER BY OFFERING EVEN MORE UNSUPPORTED UNFINSHED UNPOLISHED MERCHANDISE

AND THESE DUMB SOB'S WONDER WHY PEOPLE PIRATE SOFTWARE>

THX TO WHOMEVER POSTED RAGDOLL KUNGFU,

SINCE THE CREATOR SOLD OUT TO STEAM.

HE WON"T GET MY $

l8.

Evil or Very Mad iO Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: