Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

ATI's 'Chuck' on HDR with AA in GRAW [21497]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: ATI's 'Chuck' on HDR with AA in GRAW [21497] Reply with quote

When the demo of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter for the PC became available last week, one of the first and loudest complaints was that the game didn't allow for the use of anti-aliasing in any shape or form, leaving users with jaggies galore wherever they cared to look in the game. Thoughts immediately turne

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah must suck to own a card where they have to hack their own drivers for compatibility on nearly every game. This game is a nVidia game sorry to say. The engine was built to take advantage of nVidia features, NOT ATI. I guess wonderboy Chuck isn't good enough to hack his drivers enough to get this to work.. What a shame.. lol.
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a DX9 problem not a nVidia vs ATI problem, right? Can nVidia cards do AA in this game? I was under the assumption no cards could. When Oblivion first came out neither card could do AA for that either, right? and this guy released a fix to let ATI cards do it. nVidia cards still can't do AA in Oblivion right? I don't know since I don't own the game or an nVidia card anymore. Anyways, because he found a work around to get ATI cards to do AA in Oblivion, the assumption was there could be one for GRAW. Apparently not this time because of restrictions in DX9.

BTW please don't come back at me spewing some ATI fanboy shit, because I know you're very sensitive about this stuff. I happen to be very pissed at them for not releasing their X1800 on AGP as they promised, leaving my aging AGP rig in the dust as of late. My next card will probably be nVidia, I'm just trying to point out that even though they (ATI) are hacking their drivers, they are doing it to provide more functionality then nVidia can (in some circumstances).
Smiley_ie

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
Ah must suck to own a card where they have to hack their own drivers for compatibility on nearly every game. This game is a nVidia game sorry to say. The engine was built to take advantage of nVidia features, NOT ATI. I guess wonderboy Chuck isn't good enough to hack his drivers enough to get this to work.. What a shame.. lol.

LOL... Laughing
xxxx Did you not notice the big fat ATI logo that comes up when you run the Game ?
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiley_ie wrote:
Did you not notice the big fat ATI logo that comes up when you run the Game ?

That logos are starting to become really nasty lol. I started Dreamfall: Longest Journey yesterday and there was like 10 logos lined up before the main menu. puker
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. When I first looked into this game it was nVidia... I can still find links and interviews where Ubisoft mentioned their partnership with nVidia on making the engine including past games were all nVidia etc..

I really have to get in contact with my friend at Ubisoft..

The HDR thing in GRAW is much like the Oblivion miglaugh.. It's up to nVidia and ATI to make it work in their drivers. Both can do HDR+AA. This has been stated countless times on Elder Scrolls forums..

As this has been sitting here without posting, I now remember there was an issue of PC Gamer or Computer Games magazine that had the nVidia logo on it but I was unable to find this now on the net..

The other thing that makes ALL of this confusing. Why would nVidia be giving this game away for free with their cards?

It's my belief that this game "was" twimtbp but ATI obviously got in the game for once..

I know someone at Ubisoft, so I will find out about this..

As for HDR and AA not working on ATI, it appears this will be the case period. Chuck has already pretty much announced it would drag performance down to intolerable amounts. I have yet to hear the nVidia side..
Smiley_ie

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
I'm confused. When I first looked into this game it was nVidia... I can still find links and interviews where Ubisoft mentioned their partnership with nVidia on making the engine including past games were all nVidia etc..

I really have to get in contact with my friend at Ubisoft..

The HDR thing in GRAW is much like the Oblivion miglaugh.. It's up to nVidia and ATI to make it work in their drivers. Both can do HDR+AA. This has been stated countless times on Elder Scrolls forums..

As this has been sitting here without posting, I now remember there was an issue of PC Gamer or Computer Games magazine that had the nVidia logo on it but I was unable to find this now on the net..

The other thing that makes ALL of this confusing. Why would nVidia be giving this game away for free with their cards?

It's my belief that this game "was" twimtbp but ATI obviously got in the game for once..

I know someone at Ubisoft, so I will find out about this..

As for HDR and AA not working on ATI, it appears this will be the case period. Chuck has already pretty much announced it would drag performance down to intolerable amounts. I have yet to hear the nVidia side..

Your probley right about the nvidia thing ? but it carrys a ati logo ?. For AA to happen Id say it has to be GRAW make the change ? patch. Everyone is saying they would rather AA over HDR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: