Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Call of Duty 2 [20215]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Call of Duty 2 [20215] Reply with quote

Developed by Infinity Ward, Call of Duty 2 is in every way a sequel to the original. As in the original, there are American, British and Russian campaigns, set from 1941-1945 - the Russians fighting in the area around Moscow and Stalingrad, the British fighting in North Africa and Normandy,
...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your review really ticks me off HX, though I know you don't care. It's an unfair review. You talk up and down about COD 2 and then you give it 5/5 for everything without even a 'con' mentioned except 'linear' game play.

Now tell me, how does HL2 come up with 95% with more cons against it in your review. HL2 also has linear gameplay, more so than COD 2. At least in COD 2 the player can pick and choose the missions so right there is way less linear that HL2. But you didn't even mention linear gameplay in HL2. And then it got 95% even thought the only MP on it was CS. Like, Huh???

Other than physics in HL2, I'd like to know the innovation behind the followup to HL1. They only just added a 'cheap' rendering of HDR. Ev eryones by now has seen HL2 gfx don't stack up to any newer titles coming out. COD 2 being one example. And I still think UT2k4 has better gfx than HL2 and can handle a HELL of a lot more than Source.

I personally think COD 2 totally stomps. Gfx are amazing, gameplay is hugely fun and addictive and it really immerses you. HL2 does none of that. Gfx are ok, but it's still the pyjamas models with the exception of a satchel on their side. And lets not forget Valves 'CS only' support. COD unlike HL2 isn't gonna need a million patches. And COD 2 doesn't even appear to have any cheats. Certainly not to the level of existing cheats on HL2. COD 2 will have Punkbuster soon too. HL2 has a bs system called VAC 2 and it doesn't stop the Aimbot + Wallhack, nor is anyone getting booted for using it.

Anyhow, what's the point? not like you will go back and adjust the score.. Inconsistent reviews and way too much personal bias. Anyone that spends time here reading the reviews will likely see the same trend.

It's really too bad you can't rate fairly. Sad

P.S. The other thing COD2 does that HL2 doesn't come close to doing is using features prominent on our cards, real DX9 features, part of the reason we have new video cards. For example, how many games have you played, or better yet FPS games where you see hair standing up on your arms? COD 2 has this an lots more than you will ever see in HL2. Even that cheap HDR they are selling off. Want real HDR, play NFS Most wanted. You will see what real quality HDR is, not some Walmart tradeoff.
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hx does sometimes go overboard with high grades, but that generosity surely comes with old age.
..anyway....Smile...
..i just wanted to say that the sound really anoyed me. It was so exagerated, overcompressed. I dunno how it sounds on 5.1 cause it's stereo fo' life for me, but on the headphones it just sounded awfull. The health system really made the action frantic. GJ on that i must say. Very very nice gfx, even on "dx7" mode.

Oh and although we can see a rise in Wild West titles recently.....this surely isn't the last WW2 themed game.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hx, ya wish my work and family life didn't take up all but 4 hours a day otherwise I would do my own reviews. I am looking to do my own game site with reviews, just no time to recruit anyone who is interested in the same venture. Right now, I give people your news through your RSS feed. Very Happy

@Bill Gates. If you think HL2 brought in innovation to FPS games, you are a definite n00b at gaming. HL2 didn't bring in anything that wasn't already seen already. If you want my to sit here and spill titles for everything then that would just further prove how much of a n00b you are. The only thing HL2 had going for it was CS and a huge Marketing Budget and a lot of lies.
Craftos
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COD2 : excellent ?!?!?!?, 91%, 5/5 in all departments - what a sick joke is that ?
COD2 is mediocre sequel. Very little improvement but disappointing speeed even on high-end gaming machines.
Graphics is not much better than COD: low res textures, blocky graphics in many places. The only improvement and cool thing is smoke. I haven't noticed any improvement in sound despite my 5.1 setup.
Auto-regenerating health and adding grenade indicator are moves to total dumbification of this game. Maybe they ahould also add radar with enemies and auto aiming rockets, hm ? It's f..... WW2, if you can't find yourself on battlefield you die. Reload the game and try again. Too hard for you?, play tetris.
Total linearity (in mission), linearity in mission sequence is totally not important. Every mission in COD2 is virtuall the same. HL2 is way above typical shooter (COD2), variety of: shooting, vehicle missions, use of physics.
HL2 hasn't the best grapics seen in games, but for sure it looks better than COD2. Even MoH:PA is better that COD2 :\.
xxxx: stop that BS kid, you know nothing about gaming.

DOOM3 is more linear and has more dumb enemies than COD2 and HL2, Quake4 not much better. In Doom3 Graphics may look better but quickly gets boring after 3rd level as everyting in this game.

If you want someting good play FEAR.
ThePacifier
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COD2.. I loved it too..but..when i put everything in maximum detail in HL2 and everything in maximum detail in COD2..you will see the difference..

HL2 runs perfect while COD2 just slows..
Cheng

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hx

When you write your reviews i think you should put the quate "One mans meat is another mans poison" .

No one will ever be able 2 write a review that will satisfy everyone.
For a while(2 year or plus), i have found your reviews to be very fair in all aspects of a game except for 2 which you were been very mercyful like spiderman2 the game(PC). I played that before your review, i would of given it 10% at most.

Anyway keep up the good reviews .

COD2=WW2=bored ww2 series= I tick with f.e.a.r. Sorry just tired of world war 2 games now, theyve been so over done now
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craftos wrote:
COD2 : excellent ?!?!?!?, 91%, 5/5 in all departments - what a sick joke is that ?
COD2 is mediocre sequel. Very little improvement but disappointing speeed even on high-end gaming machines.
Graphics is not much better than COD: low res textures, blocky graphics in many places. The only improvement and cool thing is smoke. I haven't noticed any improvement in sound despite my 5.1 setup.
Auto-regenerating health and adding grenade indicator are moves to total dumbification of this game. Maybe they ahould also add radar with enemies and auto aiming rockets, hm ? It's f..... WW2, if you can't find yourself on battlefield you die. Reload the game and try again. Too hard for you?, play tetris.
Total linearity (in mission), linearity in mission sequence is totally not important. Every mission in COD2 is virtuall the same. HL2 is way above typical shooter (COD2), variety of: shooting, vehicle missions, use of physics.
HL2 hasn't the best grapics seen in games, but for sure it looks better than COD2. Even MoH:PA is better that COD2 :\.
xxxx: stop that BS kid, you know nothing about gaming.

DOOM3 is more linear and has more dumb enemies than COD2 and HL2, Quake4 not much better. In Doom3 Graphics may look better but quickly gets boring after 3rd level as everyting in this game.

If you want someting good play FEAR.

Get a new video card, yours obviously sucks. Blocky gfx Hahahaha! Boy you crack me up. Every mission the same, uh huh, ya.. they really are Shocked Ya, this guy played COD 2, my ass.

Thanks for your input bud. Good to see you came out of the wood work to post your '9th' post! Pfff. Just to say HL2 looks better than COD 2. You are smoking some good drugs buddy. Send some my way. Obviously you have a very very small eye for detail.

I like that tho, HL2 is way above any shooter. Vehicle missions?? Wtf game were you playing. What going in a boat that could travel on concrete water and most anything? Ya..why even bother continuing to reply to you. Obviously pointless. Another n00b.

Enjoy your already 3 year old game. Hahaha! I moved on and I'm not looking back.

P.S. For those who are interested in joining with me to do a game site, as I read in my PM's(surprised as I thought people would lecture me on my comments in PM's). As I've said, I don't have a huge amount of time but I can contribute a site. I've sent you people responses to your PM of where you can go. The site was only put up a day or two ago but it is functional. Who knows, maybe we can get a real site going with downloads, reviews etc. At least I wouldn't be blowing the money away that I paid for the domain since the piece of $hit HL2 clan I was in folded, partially because I was Leading it and the other puppets who were so-called co-leaders couldn't handle it on their own so it all fell apart. The BTU is not important, I've already got a new meaning for it. Anyhow, I sent you people links. Register up and lets see where it goes. Maybe we can give HX some competition.

Last edited by xxxx on Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played it & got 0% excitement from it. Enemy spawning is lame as shit.
Also the Omaha Beach level in MOH:AA was a refreshment.
This game wants to completely dupe this & it failed miserably.

My score : 42%
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave my comments as they are. Lot's have applauded me. On my site and in real life. It's pointless arguing here and I wouldn't be surprised if these are solicted comments.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree with Bill Gates. Imagine HX calling you a noob and telling that you know nothing of gaming whenever you didn't agree with his point of view and his review score! Would that be great? Would this attract more people to the site? I think not.
XXXX, any game released by Valve would get 0 out of 10 from you just because Valve released it, not because it's awful, but because your point of view is biased. You personal failures or whatever shouldn't be the reason for bad scores, but they are. How come do you have the right to accuse anyone at all?
Still, I do wish you luck with your site, really. Not any person would start an enterprise like this, it does require a lot of effort.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: