Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Facebook Threatens to Withdraw its Platform [54669]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject: Facebook Threatens to Withdraw its Platform [54669] Reply with quote

Facebook has never had a particularly great relationship with its users. In fact, I know many people who are seemingly only one minor aggravating point away from quitting from it entirely. Following a report via via ITWire,, however, it seems that the social media platform may be considering taking that decision for th

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's zero threat!
Thank God - I think any sane parent should agree!
It would be great!
Please do!
Please, please, take your shit elsewhere, pretty please!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiktok is going to replace them, soon. Zackbot knows this.

edit: not for me, good lord, I can't stand FB let alone tiktok...
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please by all means, go. I hope facebook burns in a fiery ball of wokeness. They can take all their lib's with them.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The icecaps will reform before that happens. It’s all just posturing bull to gain interest in it and raise its profile. How many times has a company ‘threatened’ only for it to never go away…
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot wrote:
The icecaps will reform before that happens. It’s all just posturing bull to gain interest in it and raise its profile. How many times has a company ‘threatened’ only for it to never go away…

Facebook will end up like MySpace, The Digg and others. It's just that it's probably past its peak and there will be other new services to replace it. When I ask young people (16-20 years old) they will confirm that Facebook is absolutely dead, that only old people are left.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
When I ask young people (16-20 years old) they will confirm that Facebook is absolutely dead, that only old people are left.

Amen!
Although it's still a lot of "old people" for the next 30-40 years.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
heretic wrote:
When I ask young people (16-20 years old) they will confirm that Facebook is absolutely dead, that only old people are left.

Amen!

Absolutely. Once the novelty wears off, it’ll come back round again. Nothing lasts regardless. But as soon as it drops off the radar another generation will be taken in. TikTok has already been hauled in - what’s new, eh.
https://techcrunch.com/2022/02/08/tiktok-updates-its-policies-with-focus-on-minor-safety-age-appropriate-content-and-more/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAF8PxbO9wgoXm5mDJI6AKsin03D0IEqYzbEHE41CKKXqZD4FrjWeodL4zqkAc8ST2jzSe70B5HAiKTQyacgrc5kWDv1ufXx4qimW4X7tpZ9j-0HtinXADi4BV6MpbtqVuXY78FdXrBO2I70C0AA3TiUnQg-JUWxj_EREmN9O6XCz
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAKEbook banned me 14 times last year for 30 days at a time.
Yea, they ban me twice for the same post a few times.

Twotter just deleted my account which I had for over 15 years coz I said that canadian asshole will be the first hung for treason.
They say I told people to kill him. WTF? Just stating a fact isn't a good reason to close someones account which is 15 years old and this is the first ever banning. How about a warning? Even a 30 day ban would be fine but complete deletion? ALl my posts are gone, my followers and following are both 0'ed so I dont have a clue who I was following anymore as they are all gone.

Social media is no longer social. Its a propaganda machine and websites to brainwash people.

Go ahead fakebook. Europe, EVERYWHERE doesn't need your bullshit propaganda and your "fakecheckers" who ARE the real liars. I got banned for posting a pic of an author and a quote from his book. 30 days banned for that? HOW? Its NOT a lie, its a quote from a book and a picture of the author.

Truth hurts and fakebook absolutely hates the truth.

Currently I'm banned for 30 days again for posting a pic about Ivermectin and how good it is. They said its covid misinformation. All it said about covid is it can stop it in 48 hours. the rest was about how its been on the market for 50 years, its as safe as asprin, it costs 0.12c for the 2 day dose.
Is that really worthy of a 30 day ban? WOW, they REALLY hate ANY truth there, now you know why I call it FAKEBOOK. Its nothing but bullshit and fake news.
Bloody propaganda machine gone stupid.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
FAKEbook banned me 14 times last year for 30 days at a time.Yea, they ban me twice for the same post a few times.

That's exactly it, if you remember what life was like in the 90's (discussion forums on the BBS - I ran my own BBS myself from 1992-1997). Then came the internet, you could find everything on it, and there was total freedom in what one wrote or put up on their site. At least here in the Czech Republic. But gradually the situation started to deteriorate, courts, copyright, censorship. Now the situation is such that Google definitely can't find things you really need, but harmful content (viruses, scams...) prevails. I can't understand why Google bans game trainers while other really malicious stuff goes completely unnoticed, almost as if there is a cartel and certain people have certain advantages. Likewise scam and spam on YouTube in the comments, or fake accounts on Twitter. They are busy censoring your content instead. Even Elon Musk complained about it last time. It's just a hell of a time, and I feel like the big companies are really doing their best to piss off all the decent people on the planet.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/02/07/meta-threatens-to-shut-down-facebook-and-instagram-in-europe-over-data-transfer-issues

European leaders, however, have embraced Meta's warning.

“After I was hacked I have lived without Facebook and Twitter for four years and life has been fantastic," Germany’s new economy minister Robert Habeck told reporters during a meeting in Paris on Monday.

Speaking alongside his German colleague, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire added: “I can confirm that life would be very good without Facebook and that we would live very well without Facebook”.

LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said fakebook is just a propaganda machine and EVERYONE would be a lot better without it.
They do stupid things and none of it is good for us. They programmed us by it. Their timelines are stupid. Its not even in order. a post 1 min ago then next post 2 days ago next post an add, next post 30 mins ago, 6 hours ago, 23 mins ago. WTF!!! Do they know how a timeline works?

And they are stupid to the public and never do what we ask. We wanted a thumbs down icon and what did we get? 6 completely shit ones. Still to this day there is no thumbs down icon and its still needed.

Now with covid shit ANY post that has "covid" or "vax" in it gets a covid check attached saying how save the vax is. THATS THE BIGGEST LIE ON THE INTERNET and its from fakebook.

I saw a post about I think it was Resident Evil and its virus and that had a covid check on it.
Another one was saying about another game, Mario I think? Something that's got absolutely nothing to do with covid but had "virus" in it... Oh, something like "the super mario game is spreading like a virus its so popular at the moment" and that had a covid vax safe attachment to it.

The problem is fakebook is run my computers atm. Its all automatic. There isn't anyone watching them, the computers do it all. if it spots a flagged word it gets that covid check or the virus safe attachment.
If you complain then maybe a person eventually looks at that complaint and fixes up the computers mistake.

Oh, after you get banned 3 times you can no longer complain about anything. The complaining part of fakebook bans you.
So everytime I get banned its a 1 way thing. Sometimes I can say "i dont agree" tick box and hopefully I get unbanned but im flagged. ANY post with ANY flagged word is an instant undisputed ban.

They even admitted it that in some asian country they faked their news, cut and pasted posts so an uprising would happen to overthrow the government. It happened all coz fakebook manipulated the public with their propaganda.

The only problem I have is I have friends on fakebook and thats the only place I can contact them. fakebook itself is complete crap but messenger is needed BUT you still get censored there too.
I used to be able to attach videos without problems. Now I cant post any video longer than 1 min and has to be under 40mb.... BUT I tried to share a 58 sec video thats 4mb and it refused. Told me to "trim it"
and there is a list of websites you aren't allowed to share as well. SO again you have to cut up the links and tell them to fix the links then view the truth.

I joined fakebook about 10 years ago. It was good for the first 2 years. They added ads bigtime then it went downhill ever since. The biggest drop in quality was when it hit the stock market. That was the major start of its decline.

fakebook sucks. If you have all your friends elsewhere then stay there and DONT come to fakebook. its depressing as that way they can control you. If you were happy you aren't controllable, thats why its all propaganda and fake news and no stupid cat videos anymore.

Oh, BTW:
covid IS A LIE.
the vax IS A DEPOPULATION VAX. ITS MEANT TO KILL YOU. And its working perfectly.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
heretic wrote:

Amen!

Oh, but those "old people" believe the propaganda and MSM lies and they all took the vax so they wont be around in the next 5 years so fakebook wont be either.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
Oh, but those "old people" believe the propaganda and MSM lies and they all took the vax so they wont be around in the next 5 years so fakebook wont be either.

Well, in that case, I won't be here either, because I got 3 covid vaccinations from Pfitzer. It's just been a difficult decision, I had that heart attack 5 years ago and almost died, or rather it's a small miracle I didn't. Remember? So I didn't want to take any more chances with covid. I'm not a fan of vaccines, but here the positives outweighed the negatives. Just think how much crap you get in your system every day in food, air, water, etc.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
NakedFaerie wrote:

Well, in that case, I won't be here either, because I got 3 covid vaccinations from Pfitzer. It's just been a difficult decision, I had that heart attack 5 years ago and almost died, or rather it's a small miracle I didn't. Remember? So I didn't want to take any more chances with covid. I'm not a fan of vaccines, but here the positives outweighed the negatives. Just think how much crap you get in your system every day in food, air, water, etc.

Yeah I too had a close one. After 4 months of lockdown, I returned to work suffering palpitations - put it down to stress going on public transport (4 busses to work per day) it didn’t subside, got worse with heart hammering like a badly loaded washing machine in my chest. Went to docs (yeah first and last Personal face-to-face) past everything put me on antidepressants,Beta blockers. Didn’t work. Off to hospital treadmill and ECG. past test and set record on treadmill! Ambulatory device worn for 72hrs - within a week back in for a stent/angioplasty if needed. Walked into the hospital, walked into the operating theatre-scary as shit!! Wire inserted up right arm, dye put in and I watched my heart bouncing about on a screen. 40mins later 5mm narrowing of artery on heart found. Stent or drugs to be used. I said stent as it was bloody painful. Now -like yourself - on lifetime of statins (atorvastatin 20mg per day lowest dose) and daily aspirin. Result my hereditary high cholesterol went from 6.8 to under 4 (which I didn’t know about) I too have a wife and a life I want to live with her. I’ve had 2 doses of AstraZeneca and one booster of Moderna. Happy as fuck. No side effects and haven’t even had a cold! Meanwhile the hospitals are full of 85% unvaccinated. Yeah Hx, when your mature and have responsibilities, you think to yourself “I don’t give a fuck about Covidiots and how they live, but I do give a fuck about my taxes going into them when they are irresponsible”. If they pay for their stupidly and bed blocking, that’s cool. Otherwise shut the fuck up and stop being immature patronising arseholes. They are costing the world billions - hence why countries in Europe have had enough and making vaccination mandatory. Likewise, companies are starting to not pay sick leave to those that have had no vaccination either. It’s costing them millions paying for Tom, dick and Mary to just drop out for 7 days when they feel like it, meanwhile the rest of the workforce has to cover their lazy arses. Trust a pandemic to truly: that was supposed to have brought the human race ‘we’re all in this together’. Instead it truly showed how divisive we really are and don’t deserve this planet.
Selfish is an understatement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: