Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [19050]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [19050] Reply with quote

Who on this planet have not heard about Grand Theftt Auto: Vice City, especially after its successful debut on the Playstation 2 last year. So it's not surprising when Rockstar Games announced they are porting San Andreas to the PC and Xbox. And now, the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is finally here!
rea

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
kosxx
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great review for a realy great game!!!!!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played it. Boring. Sound track sucks too. Vice City is the only one I liked. It was original and way more fun that just GTA3.

Played SA on PS2....nothing fantastic. I wonder u guys saying excellent review, did u finish GTA 3 and GTA Vice City, or is this ur first attempt at a GTA title? And when I say "finish" I mean, explore every avenue, quest etc in GTA 3 and Vice City. And what is "new" in SA that hasn't been done in previous titles? Didn't see anything commented on about what is NEW to the game.. Just the same rehashed stuff, different graphics.

Interestingly, this "new stuff" commentary is what drags down other games in reviews but magically disappears on other reviews. Not enough new stuff in SA, just the same stuff as before with 'slight;y' better gfx. Everyone I know who played it on PS2 and thats about 4 people all said... "snore", same thing different place. If you played GTA3, Vice City, this game will seem too repetitive. I tend to agree, having played it for approx 6 hours on PS2...

Anyhow, I'm not getting this one. Maybe if the graphics actually got more upgraded from Vice City, it might have been interesting but in the end it's just another console port where no effort was put forward to get the game up to todays graphics standards.
v1m

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA3 was amazing. Vice City was fun, too, but after a few hours of jacking cars and blowing off heads it was hard to stay interested.

Now, this style of gameplay is the only future that matters in gaming. Nonlinearity all the way.

But the same old franchise repeating itself over and over isn't doing it for me. Been there, killed that.
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
I wonder u guys saying excellent review, did u finish GTA 3 and GTA Vice City, or is this ur first attempt at a GTA title? And when I say "finish" I mean, explore every avenue, quest etc in GTA 3 and Vice City. And what is "new" in SA that hasn't been done in previous titles? Didn't see anything commented on about what is NEW to the game.. Just the same rehashed stuff, different graphics.

I do not say the review is excellent I say the GAME is excellent.

did I finish Grand Theft Auto 3 and VC? yes, I did every thing I possibly could I bought every property and did every mission I could do, fire truck taxi police ambulance, the motor bike missions every thing I could find and some things I found with a walkthrough I did every thing and when that was done I cruised around doing nothing but causing mayhem.

now Grand Theft Auto III was ok the terrain was good but the features sucked, no popped tires no shooting through windows no bikes no helicopters or plains.

Vice City on the other hand at least had all of those things but the terrain was shit, it was so flat it made Vice City seem like Grand Theft Auto 2, it was crap.

now I don't know how you can even presume to have an opinion for not only playing San Andreas for only 6 hours but for playing the PlayStation version I mean this review was for the PC so put that door stop where it belongs and buy the PC copy.

now for new things SWIMMING, its about damn time we can swim. Well I like how when you ram into cars people get out some times, I like how you can shoot people through the side or back windows, I like the driving/boating/flying/biking schools they help teach a lot of stuff like the PIT maneuver I like the parachute so I can fly over a city and Parachute down, gambling is great, eating isn't a problem I just grab a cheese burger when I am around a fast food joint, gaining muscle is awesome I can kick major ass, I love being able to change my clothes.

we cant forget the 100 spays, 50 oysters, 50 pictures and 50 horse shoes that's 250 things to find instead of just 100.

and lastly my FAVORITE part, you can no go on gang wars and control the streets I spend hours taking territories and protecting them.

SIX HOURS?!? I still can't believe you have the audacity to even post with only six hours under your belt. some of your people do not even deserve video games!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, I played for 6 hours cuz it was boring and that's how long it took me to lose interest. Didn't find anything in it to keep me interested. To me SA is just another rehash game trying to capitalize on further profits from VC. Glad I got some mild agreements. Hehehe. My friend was an addict of VC and he played it and finished it like 3 or 4 times. You "think" he'd be gaga for SA but instead we "BOTH" played it and we "BOTH" were like, wtf oh well so much for SA. I've seen PC screenshots and of course I know the PS2 gfx, there isn't much difference unless ur cranking game up to 1600x1200...don't know what you guys are seeing since I have one of the best video cards on the market today.. lol. But hey, it's like anything.. whatever turns your crank, right? Least we know HX liked the game. His review is very forgiving.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingArthur wrote:

SIX HOURS?!? I still can't believe you have the audacity to even post with only six hours under your belt. some of your people do not even deserve video games!

Excuse me? I played with a guy who finished EVERYTHING in VC twice in a month and he works, 9-5pm days and weekends, you try that accomplishment. Don't tell me 6 hours aint enough, lmao it was more than enough! I watched him play and do stuff and I played as well. I was like ho hum watching and playing. VC I was laughing hard as hell sometimes and missions were more fun and challenging, my bud was simply walking through the missions in SA so easily that that's what made it a bore. I don't even recall having a slight laugh of any kind in SA and the sound track is new wave rock crap.. About the only good song is from GnR stuff.. lol. King Arthur if u like it that's great.. but don't question 6 hours of play until you witness the person playing it. The same guy who went back to play VC again for the 4th time...I only got one bud that's gonna get this game, we'll all probably rip a copy for when we're bored..
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is simply an amazing game, i just keep getting blown away by every point of interest i discover. Although i couldn't really relate to the thug lifestyle, i guess we all saw that comming Smile. The graphics are great, but it would have been nicer if the cars had some nicer shaders for ocasions when you stop by at Transfenders Smile. But no matter how good or bad the game looks for today's standards, we really can't hold anything against it. This GTA title is a proof that "Cinematic Experiences", "All the ways it was meant to be played", etc, mean shit if you don't have ideas/creative freedom (*cough*..Electronic Farts..*cough*). And as freedom is concerned, this game tops out any videogame out there. And the ammount of programming that went into this game must have been enormous..
In any case, i can safely say that this is the best action game EVER created, and really mean it. Get the game, roll a splif, have a blast.

P.S. I really missed that killing frenzys, and that Catalina bitch just fuxed up my nerves Smile.

Rockstar, RESPEKT!
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with those ppl saying that graphics aint good but I also agree with those saying gameplay is good. The BEST PART about any GTA game ever made is freedom, which u wud NEVER find in any other game. I think the features and the actual gameplay matter more than the graphics. If the graphics are also cool its the best combination u can have.

But the only reson I think that the graphics might not be so good can be the humongous programming that went into the features (The min install for the game I think is 3.68 GB) So they emphasized more on gameplay than graphics. But still the graphics cud have been much better compared to todays standards.

But overall I would say any GTA game deserves a 90% rating. Except GTA 2 which I never liked.
adc2000974
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know where to begin with giving you people credit.

In my opinion this is the BEST review site out there. Solely* for providing the links to the stuff - saving so much time browsing.

one BIG THANK YOU from me

Regards
Adam C
Acidz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: The best game ever ? Reply with quote

Best game ever - no matter what anyone may say ... Cool

No great gfx - but one hell of gameplay ...
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this game support a joystick?
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever anyone wud say about GTA all I have to say is that its the Pioneer in this league.

They were the ones who started this genre in gaming in the 1st place(Remember GTA 1 it was the 1st of its kind)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: