Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Windows 10 is 'Recommended' Update [40981]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: TechNews - Windows 10 is 'Recommended' Update [40981] Reply with quote

FYI, Microsoft quietly made its optional Windows 10 update for
ed'' update, and your system
ing on your
Windows Update settings. 
The good news is that the Windows 10 installation will not finalize
without first prompting the user. However, some home users may want to
double check what they are clicking

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the GWX control panel app link! I did not know about it, I was doing all that shit manually up until now. I've been doing it well though, when I installed GWX CP app, it showed I was "clean" Smile
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still haven't had a single issue with Windows 10. Don't regret the upgrade a single bit. Cool
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Still haven't had a single issue with Windows 10. Don't regret the upgrade a single bit. Cool

you also didn't gain anything...
Anyway, when I decide to upgrade I will do a clean install.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:

Actually I did. Speed and compatibility.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:

Actually I did. Speed and compatibility.

every goddamn test on the internet + what my friends told me - disagree with your statement. Your old windows install must have been shit or placebo is strong with you Wink

edit: wait, compatibility? Now I know you are joking.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not arguing with you. My facts are fact. I know my system and it is by far faster snappier in almost everything compared to Win7. I don't give a rats ass what Tom's Hardware or some other bullshit supposed tech site says.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Still haven't had a single issue with Windows 10. Don't regret the upgrade a single bit. 8)

So far, based on my own testing, fixing accidentally upgraded computers and discussions with other IT professionals both face-to-face, the upgrade process in Windows 10 is garbage.

Among the drawbacks:

- Like any upgrade (such as from Windows 7 to Windows 8), the machine just doesn't act as well as if it were cleanly installed. So far, after an upgrade, I've seen apps randomly no longer start, machines boot slower, etc.

- I absolutely not going to recreate install images every 4 months.

- The upgrade process takes forever compared to updates. If a machine, for some reason, upgrades in the middle of the day, well -- that machine is basically unusable for a couple of hours.. How do I explain this to my customers?

- After upgrade, some my customers lost certificates, some important settings, some older printers don't print, scanners don't scan, one customer even lost all data (and it wasn't because bad hardware). Even the best recovery tools didn't work. (Windows 10 simple wiped whole user profile on military level)

- Apparently, Microsoft is resetting some file-association defaults. That's garbage enough for home environments, but it can be disastrous in work environments.

I could write a book about annoying things in Windows 10. Some big things and many simple little irritations. (ie. big thing: debugging issues connecting to a server is a pain in Windows 10; little irritation: When searching for a file in file explorer windows 10 does not remember the last search terms - Windows 7 did..). The whole "settings" function is Win10 is a complete mess.. A complete nightmare. How can MS even consider releasing this OS in this state !!! It's half baked potato.

Overall, Windows 10 is absolutely, positively not ready for enterprise. It's not even close!!!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
I'm not arguing with you. My facts are fact. I know my system and it is by far faster snappier in almost everything compared to Win7. I don't give a rats ass what Tom's Hardware or some other bullshit supposed tech site says.

This is like saying God exists because Bible says so and Bible is correct because God says so. It's called circular argument. You convinced yourself that you are right and that's that, everyone else is wrong. You calling something "A fact" means jack shit to the rest of us. You are not the center of the universe nor any authority on anything regarding this subject (save maybe for your own computer). It also does not disprove me saying that your previous windows install was in a shit state. A clean install of win 7 might have done the same thing for you.

It doesn't really matter. No one is going to change ones opinion. For me, the only reason to install win 10 will be dx12 game that I want to play IF it actually works better in DX12 compared to dx11. But that's just me. Until then - 8.1 stripped of metro and with classic start menu app is more than sufficient.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

It doesn't really matter. No one is going to change ones opinion. For me, the only reason to install win 10 will be dx12 game that I want to play IF it actually works better in DX12 compared to dx11. But that's just me. Until then - 8.1 stripped of metro and with classic start menu app is more than sufficient.

The same here. Stripped Windows 8.1 + StartIsBack is probably the best setup right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: