Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

17% Of Steam Users Running Windows 10 [40196]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: 17% Of Steam Users Running Windows 10 [40196] Reply with quote

The Steam Hardware and Software Survey for August 2015 reveals that more than 16 percent of Steam users are now running the 64-bit version of Windows 10, putting it well ahead of Windows 8, Windows Vista, and even the original Windows 7. Windows 10 usage now trails just Windows 8.1 64-bit, which accounts for 23.36 perc

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother was complaining that Windows 10 was installed for him without his consent through update.
I guess there was an update that he could have unchecked, he's just a trusting guy and clicks 'next' all the time without asking.
So, I wonder how many of people actually asked for their Windows 10, and how many wish they could go back (without a clean Windows 7 install)...

So, I think these numbers are meaningless.
V-ampire
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not surprising numbers are growing.
They will continue to grow.
The magic words are "gratis" and "only if done before a certain date".
People let them to be sodomized this days as long is "free" and they don't have to pay with money.
They pay in other ways but since what they have to give up does not have any value for them, they are stupidly happy.

The OS force update on you when he please ? But it's GRATIS.

The OS tries to sell you a subscription for solitaire ? But it's GRATIS.

The OS tries to sell you an upgrade to its media player to let it play DVDs ? But it's GRATIS.

The OS send you ads in the menu bar ? But it's GRATIS.

The OS has a keylogger enabled by default ? But it's GRATIS.

And the list goes on... but it's GRATIS.
zarlin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-ampire wrote:
It's not surprising numbers are growing.
They will continue to grow.
The magic words are "gratis" and "only if done before a certain date".
People let them to be sodomized this days as long is "free" and they don't have to pay with money.
They pay in other ways but since what they have to give up does not have any value for them, they are stupidly happy.

The OS force update on you when he please ? But it's GRATIS.

The OS tries to sell you a subscription for solitaire ? But it's GRATIS.

The OS tries to sell you an upgrade to its media player to let it play DVDs ? But it's GRATIS.

The OS send you ads in the menu bar ? But it's GRATIS.

The OS has a keylogger enabled by default ? But it's GRATIS.

And the list goes on... but it's GRATIS.

Yep...and the zombies says yes to it all.....sadly
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just went through the upgrade process with a friend yesterday. It wasn't automatic, we had to agree to it. If your an ignorant fuck clicking shit without reading, ya I guess it can feel automatic. FFS.

MS has since added many checkbox options during installation to turn off a lot of the "information sending" stuff. Looks actually like it disables most too. It's not trickery. There are still things, like if you don't want to be a part of the cloud for updating and hardware updates.

V-ampire tries to insinuate things, but what he says is mostly if you go and use these things that are already common knowledge. They aren't free. who the fuck uses ms media player bloatware anyway?

who the fuck is a cheap ass enough to sit there and "want" to play MS solitaire? Pay for it?

sends ads in menu bar? I think the n00b means the Start button. Actually those are widgets, like on your tablet. Right click them and remove them. Tough thing there. If you don't like it get the Stardock start button replacement. Course I'm sure genius knew that.

Amazing how many trolls there are out there for Win10. I guess when you have nothing to contribute it's easier to slam things.

Keylogger? you're and idiot. Do you even know what a fucking keylogger is or it's purpose. Try reading a bit more and educate yourself what's really happening.

GRATIS this pal.
V-ampire
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry wrote:
Having just went through the upgrade process with a friend yesterday. It wasn't automatic, we had to agree to it. If your an ignorant fuck clicking shit without reading, ya I guess it can feel automatic. FFS.

That's true.

Jerry wrote:

V-ampire tries to insinuate things

Nope.

Jerry wrote:
who the fuck uses ms media player bloatware anyway?

I don't, but that's not the point. Don't you get it ?

Jerry wrote:

who the fuck is a cheap ass enough to sit there and "want" to play MS solitaire? Pay for it?

I don't, but that's not the point. Don't you get it ?

Jerry wrote:

sends ads in menu bar? I think the n00b means the Start button.

Certainly I'm not a noob Smile

Did I say menu bar ? Sorry. That was wrong.
You must understand, english is not my native language and probably you would suck badly trying to speak in my own, but I'm making an effort since usually people from united states don't know many languages and the language of this forum is english anyway.

I didn't mean start button either, I was referring to the shitty square tiles in the new start menu, the one associated with the start button.

Jerry wrote:

Actually those are widgets, like on your tablet. Right click them and remove them. Tough thing there.

I can, but that's not the point. Don't you get it ?

Jerry wrote:

If you don't like it get the Stardock start button replacement. Course I'm sure genius knew that.

It would be a safe bet on your part.

Jerry wrote:

Amazing how many trolls there are out there for Win10. I guess when you have nothing to contribute it's easier to slam things.

There are not enough as it seems.
It's incredible an OS is pushed out with all this fishy and pathetic stuff and people will digest it.
Pushing ads, parts of it crippled and asking for money, it's pathetic.
But it's GRATIS.

It's a disturbing trend, for some people. Not for you.

It's even worse than the "free" apps on the apple store filled with ads.

But they are GRATIS.

Jerry wrote:

Keylogger? you're and [censored]. Do you even know what a fucking keylogger is or it's purpose.

Actually I do. ITS purpose you mean ? Oh sorry, maybe you are not an english native speaker too.

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/post.php?topic=104843&post=1272946

http://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
zarlin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

MS has since added many checkbox options during installation to turn off a lot of the "information sending" stuff. Looks actually like it disables most too. It's not trickery. There are still things, like if you don't want to be a part of the cloud for updating and hardware updates.

V-ampire tries to insinuate things, but what he says is mostly if you go and use these things that are already common knowledge. They aren't free. who the fuck uses ms media player bloatware anyway?

sends ads in menu bar? I think the n00b means the Start button. Actually those are widgets, like on your tablet. Right click them and remove them. Tough thing there. If you don't like it get the Stardock start button replacement. Course I'm sure genius knew that.

Keylogger? you're and [censored]. Do you even know what a fucking keylogger is or it's purpose. Try reading a bit more and educate yourself what's really happening.

GRATIS this pal.

I guess when you have nothing to contribute it's easier to slam things.

So we see oh might one error
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

That isn't strictly true as it can happen automatically. MS specifically said that domain-connected computers would not be offered the update (even when outside the domain) but there have been quite a few documented cases where not only have domain-connected computers got the update but they got it without any prompting.

Tom wrote:
Keylogger? you're and [censored]. Do you even know what a fucking keylogger is or it's purpose. Try reading a bit more and educate yourself what's really happening.

Anything spoken to Cortana or entered into the search bar is sent to MS and anything you type/write can be so it pretty much is a keylogger.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you need to understand what it's sending now don't you? Clearly you are both clueless on that fact. just go with any BS story out there and believe it.

How many times have I heard, "English isn't my language.". Whatever pal. Menu bar and Start Button. Wohoa that's a tough one. Who doesn't know it's a fucking start button?

The only time it will auto-install is if you were in the beta program and running the beta. But then you would know that if you were part of the community helping out.

There are no ads, and nothing that can't be quickly disabled. If you have any brains at all.

As from MS.

Quote:
When you use Cortana, Microsoft collects and uses information including your device location information and location history, contacts (People), voice input, searching history, calendar details, content and communication history from messages and apps, and other information on your device. In Microsoft Edge, Cortana collects and uses your browsing history.

This information is saved on your device, in your Cortana Notebook, and in the cloud on the Bing.com dashboard.

Who uses contacts (People)? I don't I have gmail. I don't use Hotmail crap.

Do you use IE or Edge? I don't and neither does the rest of the world.

And in the end you can disable Cortana, here is a nice simply guide for you.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2949759/windows/killing-cortana-how-to-disable-windows-10s-info-hungry-digital-assistant.html

Of course like I said, if you actually know wtf you are doing, this is all easily disabled. So stop your fucking whining.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
GRATIS this pal.

There is nothing "Free" in this world
zarlin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[u][u]
Tom wrote:
Well you need to understand what it's sending now don't you? Clearly you are both clueless on that fact. just go with any BS story out there and believe it.

How many times have I heard, "English isn't my language.". Whatever pal. Menu bar and Start Button. Wohoa that's a tough one. Who doesn't know it's a fucking start button?

The only time it will auto-install is if you were in the beta program and running the beta. But then you would know that if you were part of the community helping out.

There are no ads, and nothing that can't be quickly disabled. If you have any brains at all.

As from MS.

Quote:
When you use Cortana, Microsoft collects and uses information including your device location information and location history, contacts (People), voice input, searching history, calendar details, content and communication history from messages and apps, and other information on your device. In Microsoft Edge, Cortana collects and uses your browsing history.

This information is saved on your device, in your Cortana Notebook, and in the cloud on the Bing.com dashboard.

And in the end you can disable Cortana, here is a nice simply guide for you.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2949759/windows/killing-cortana-how-to-disable-windows-10s-info-hungry-digital-assistant.html

Of course like I said, if you actually know wtf you are doing, this is all easily disabled. So stop your fucking whining.

SO because YOU don't use it everyone who does are ......whatever is in your stumach

[/u]

Sure Sure the world are spinning around you......

So stop your fucking whining.[/u]
Oh plz would you....thanks mighty error
V-ampire
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIGH, unfortunately for us, it's people like you who makes these things possible.

Jerry wrote:

Yeah, whatever.

Jerry wrote:

I told you before, it has nothing to do with the start button, but with the start menu which is tied to the start button.
I just had something else in mind when I wrote "start menu", and I readily admitted it was wrong. You could have simply pointed that out without being aggressive btw, instead you started barking, because that's what dimwitted people do.

And yet, you are still unable to correct yourself and insist with ads appearing in the "start button", when they do that in the "shitty ugly tiles" in the start menu. Not button. You seem to have problems with your own language.

Anyway, whatever.

Jerry wrote:

There are no ads

Unfortunately for you, you are not a Jedi master.
Saying "there are no ads" will not help.

The fact you can replace the start menu with a third party product or you can remove the "shitty squared app" where the ads would go it's not the point.
The point is they thought it was a good idea to do so, and that people would swallow it.
The point is they did that in a particular kind of software, the OS, and people like you find this acceptable.

That's disturbing and it's a worrisome trend.

But again, you don't get it.

Jerry wrote:

and nothing that can't be quickly disabled. If you have any brains at all.

Yep sure. Just ignore what has been reported everywhere Jedi master, and enjoy the forced updates breaking your OS, since you can't disable them but at best delay them (at least for now, and maybe forever thanks to people like you bent to 90 degrees).

Windows 10 Warning: Latest Updates Are Crashing PCs

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/17/windows-10-new-crash-loops/

From Windows 10 Privacy Statement

Quote:

Microsoft collects many kinds of information in a variety of ways to operate effectively and provide you the best products, services and experiences. We may combine this data with information that is linked to your user ID, such as information associated with your Microsoft account.

When you acquire, install and use the Program software and services, Microsoft collects information about your use of the software and services as well as about the devices and networks on which they operate. Examples of data we may collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; location, browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; voice, text and writing input; and application usage.
V-ampire
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point you seem to miss (or again, you don't care about) is you should AT LEAST be required to opt in to have these fantastic features enabled.

That's how things should be, it's pretty obvious.

Now, you have to opt out from them

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/speech-inking-typing-privacy-faq

and you can't even opt out from all of them.

The OS should totally and completely avoid to send around my sensible data to start with, and (if MS really feel the need to do otherwise) should explain me why that's a good idea and try to convince me to change some OS settings to make that happen.

Too much work ? It should be their problem, instead they made it my problem.

With no people installing this crap, MS would have to take notice, apologize, ask its users what it should do to make it right, and learn a good lesson for the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: