Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 10 Build 10036 Changes Detailed [39163]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Windows 10 Build 10036 Changes Detailed [39163] Reply with quote

While the official release version of Windows technical preview is still stuck on Build 9926, it's pretty obvious that Microsoft has been leaping ahead with more advanced versions by the amount of leaked versions that have made their way to the Internet.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

myfeedback: ui looks like shit
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
myfeedback: ui looks like shit

yeah, I don't like...BIG UGLY ICONS ...Sad

But I'm afraid we have no choice....
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U I doesn't look that bad except for stupid metro icons in start button. Reminds of a windows phone and I hate it. Other than that I have no plans to move to it until I have no choice.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
U I doesn't look that bad except for stupid metro icons in start button. Reminds of a windows phone and I hate it. Other than that I have no plans to move to it until I have no choice.

control panel looks horrible too Sad
Mojoman
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched to OS X years ago and never looked back. The only decent version of Windows I used was Windows 2000/XP. 95/ME/Vista/7/8… All crap.

When I have no choice and there's a Windows PC, I realize how crappy the UI is in Windows. DLL-hell, drivers incompatibility, installing apps…

If you can't use an OS X, use Linux instead. I recommend using Fedora. Easier to use, better UI, more stability, more secure...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojoman wrote:
I switched to OS X years ago and never looked back. The only decent version of Windows I used was Windows 2000/XP. 95/ME/Vista/7/8… All crap.

When I have no choice and there's a Windows PC, I realize how crappy the UI is in Windows. DLL-hell, drivers incompatibility, installing apps…

If you can't use an OS X, use Linux instead. I recommend using Fedora. Easier to use, better UI, more stability, more secure...

what the hell are you talking about? dlls? Last issue with them was on windows 98. Driver incompatibility? Sure, if you are trying to install OS X driver on a windows PC or if you are trying to install AMD driver for nVidia graphics card you will run into issues but obviously at that point you have a much larger issue.
Geez.

who the hell cares about general UI anyways? All I look at is taskbar and sometimes desktop to double click something.

I absolutely hate the looks of the icon dock on mac. It's childish at best. My opinion anyway.
don't even get me started on iTunes.

I guess I can safely say that I once had to work on a Mac and after that I never looked back at it.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather not use a computer if Apple was the only thing I could use. Their OS is made for an infant. Their hardware for idiots with more money than brains. I wonder if Dell sold computers with proprietary hardware where they would be. DEAD. Proprietary hardware and ignoring the obvious standards out there is idiotic. But that's Apple. You say Vista and Win7 crap? Ya.. well anyone that can say that, deserves to be on an Apple crap box. Vista is actually great after SP1. In a lot of ways I like it better than Win7 which further dumbed down the UI.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's official.
The guy doing the review is an idiot. Submitting great feedback for no reason? I guess you work at Microsoft.
As for the OS, that's right, it does look like shit.
Instant skip. I mean, keep W7.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Okay, it's official.
The guy doing the review is an [censored]. Submitting great feedback for no reason? I guess you work at Microsoft.
As for the OS, that's right, it does look like shit.
Instant skip. I mean, keep W7.

and if DX12 gets to be exclusive to win 10? Will you still skip it? (you might if you don't play games, you would have no reason to migrate. Then agian, in that case I would have stayed on server 2008)
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that it will take at least one year for the DX12 games to pop up, and about three years to go mainstream, the answer is definitely yes.
But, I guess smart hackers will backport DX12 to Win7 the same way DX10 was backported to Windows XP. So, we can work around those requirements for a while, hehe...
Then, if MS wants to sell, they're going to have to fix this rubbish. An OS that nobody uses is not worth a thing. Office runs on Apple, Android, Linux, so there is no real need for Windows anymore as "the PC OS". There are viable substitutes already. Their only chance is making it usable for the enterprise users (most of whom are Windows XP and Windows 7 fans).
Why do you think corporations did not bite on Windows 8.x? Because people can't use them -> IT support cost skyrocket.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it won't take 1 year, some dx12 features will work right away even on DX11 titles, such as lower CPU overhead and using all cores to feed the GPU. That is the the biggest feature of dx12 anyway and it is backwards compatible with dx11.2 cards.

DX10 was never successfully backported to winXP, there was that one guy that was working on it, then he want black. The issue is that DX10 used a low level kernel layer that WinXP didn't even have.

corporations don't need windows for games, they couldn't care less for multimedia and gaming features. Windows 8 didn't offer anything new to them (except more costs and, like you said, increased cost for support)
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most games today are DX9. LOL!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

most good ones are not Wink
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Tom wrote:

most good ones are not Wink

That list would be very short.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: