Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA: 10 Million Gamers Bought GTX680 class [38102]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA: 10 Million Gamers Bought GTX680 class [38102] Reply with quote

During his GAME24 keynote, NVIDIA's CEO Jen-Hsun Huang revealed that more than ten million gamers have bought into the GTX680 class of GPU: uot;There are ten million gamers around the world who bought into the GTX680 class of GPUsuot; In other words, this basically means that ten million gamers have bought a GTX680

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all those gamers, me with a 660 as well do not need a $500+ video card to play PC games, so good luck with sales Nvidia. Better start putting those cards at a reasonable price and not the joke rip off intro price. But then again, I guess that's for the suckers with more money than brains.
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, early adopter prices are always high. I buy CPU and GPU one generation down when I build. I've no interest in paying a premium to be a guinea pig. But then again we're talking about an Nvidia part, so at least it'll mostly work. People who pay a first-gen premium for ATI/AMD garbage are beyond suckers, they're just plain stupid.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it exactly.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 650 GTX and a 660 GTX.
Each for CAD 99+HST, with a game to go - though I never used those coupons due to being stupid Steam-only activation codes, so I feel robbed.
Bert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the 680 the week it was released way back when. Still using it now, its a solid performer, and no regrets putting the dough out for it in hindsight. Looking at the GTX 970/980, though there is a performance improvement, just not enough to justify an upgrade for a single monitor system and resols at 1080p.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert wrote:
I bought the 680 the week it was released way back when. Still using it now, its a solid performer, and no regrets putting the dough out for it in hindsight. Looking at the GTX 970/980, though there is a performance improvement, just not enough to justify an upgrade for a single monitor system and resols at 1080p.

I am using my GTX580 - it handles everything I throw at it in full detail in 16:10, not that lame-arse 16:9! - for a single-monitor setup.

I don't think anyone would ever need more power until the UltraHD monitors show up and they become cheap enough for gamers.

Multi-monitor gaming is a different story. It's a far too expensive venture for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: