Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

How Scary is Alien: Isolation? [37105]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: How Scary is Alien: Isolation? [37105] Reply with quote

Looks surprisingly good!

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
spectra9
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, looking like a *proper* Alien game.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda stupid that there's nothing you can grab in that huge lab to bash into the alien's head around a corner or spray at it when it's coming at you.
Replay value will be zero I guess.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decent. However, if these guys were to play Outlast, they would crap themselves...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
It's kinda stupid that there's nothing you can grab in that huge lab to bash into the alien's head around a corner or spray at it when it's coming at you.

Ya that's gonna work. That's why they did that in the movies. What do you care about replay value you'll probably download it for free anyhow. 😬
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

Ya that's gonna work. That's why they did that in the movies. What do you care about replay value you'll probably download it for free anyhow. 😬

value of a product is obscured these days. For 50$ you can get a game that you will play once or get a game that you will play for months (at least). Thing is, the later cannot be pirated and the former is not worth 10$ compared to the later. (imho)
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy games and expect I will play it forever. Each game is different and this isn't BF4 or HL2 it's just an Alien game for christ sakes. If this game has different skill levels, it might be worth playing again for added challenge. That's replayability is it not? If a game is really good, I like redoing them sometimes for things I may have missed first time around. I played Deus Ex through a few times as I did Hitman and BioCrap.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first alien and I think second one had lan co-op and multiplayer mode and it was fun for months in my gaming cafe. And today, paying a full price for just single player (looks boring to me btw) FPS (deus ex had multiple choices, endings, gear and is special kind of game in a way, bioshock was also something new and in some way it brought many things into games (first bioshock)) but times change. Making a linear game and charging AAA price, imo, not cool but hey, to each his own. I'd rather spend money elsewhere. Alien game where they send you to ship without a weapon is dumb to begin with.
Anyway, just my own opinion.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this isn't the 1st or 2nd Alien game and actually there has been a million Alien games all the way back to the 80's, all made by different developers and many cancelled too. Yes, I'd pay money for a single player game if it's good and looks very fun as does this one. No I don't need MP in everything I play. But to say...

Quote:

is kind of dumb. Nothing of the sort was done in any movie and do you really think a human swinging a chair even at an alien like these is going to do anything?! Pretty dumb critique then to chalk up replay value because of this? Retarded.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, nobody buys a game to play it forever. You buy it to play it every now and then.
When you buy any other software (like a tool that you need every now and then), do you expect to use it only once when you buy it?
I wouldn't think so.
If you want it to use it only once, you pirate it and delete it, never to see it again.

As for the lab, I am guessing you have a very poor survival instinct. There's always something to grab and use some way in order to get that extra second so you can shut the door behind you.
If you can't realize that you are being locked in a single path in this game only to click once here and there instead of using any object available to you, then there is nothing I can say that will convince you otherwise. This was my impression from this video and this is my opinion. You are not required to agree.
If you watched all alien movies, you would know that they don't like cold and hot. I have not seen a lab that did not have some sort of a spray to freezer or ignite something - or materials you can mix to get explosives (which you can look up on the internet, even in space). Research labs are usually full of these stuffs. They might be locked, but locks are meant to be opened/broken.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing in ANY lab would do jack against an Alien so why bother offering that gaming mechanic? Throwing something any at it is basically childish. You'd be long dead trying to go close combat with it except at range but none of these facilities have any sort of offensive gear except flamers. If you want to melee/attack-at-range there are a gabillion PC and console games released since Day 0.. not this one. THANK GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FCUK finally out of the 10,000k clones in this genre we finally have something with atmosphere without the need to resort to arcade bullshiet meant for the low hanging ADHD fruit crowd. Mad
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's not what I've seen in Alien vs Predator...

But, I agree in general.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah AvP was great for its time. Many hours of play there both SP and MP. However there were they not military personnel trained in combat? In Alien Isolation you are scientists experiencing an Alien for the first time so being quite unfamiliar with their biology, tactics, skill, life cycles, etc and just having seen a few of your crew's bodies lying around cut in half your first instinct is stealth and observation and NOT engagement. You don't want to end up like your fellow deceased crew so you play it safe. Loving this angle as 99.99% of the time these days its just pure slaughter. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: