Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Microsoft denies Windows 8 spying [33569]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: TechNews - Microsoft denies Windows 8 spying [33569] Reply with quote

AMD slashes desktop CPU prices up to 23% - AMD
has quietly cut the prices of its desktop
processors. The biggest discounts apply to the A-series Llano APUs,
which have been slashed by 11-20%. Enthusiasts will probably be most
interested in the unlocked A8-3870K and A6-3670K, which now sell for
$101 and $80,

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Logitech Washable Keyboard K310

It's obvious you won't be able to clean any other parts than the key surfaces and the back side. Useless. Might come handy for divers and sailors though (and other pros who don't mind the wet and dirt spots all over the keyboard). But then again, these guys already have their own solutions built into their ships/yachts/boats.
Quote:
Microsoft denies Windows 8 SmartScreen spying

You (Micro and Soft) can say anything they want. When data is sent, they are monitoring something whatever that may be.
Quote:
Why I'm uninstalling Windows 8

Yep, seen that myself. I am not sure that the tablet users will approve, neither (especially that better pads come with keyboard and mouse/trackpad accessories).
Quote:
Using Open Source Software = Rookies Mistake?

I'd say that the kids watching things like this will become idiots themselves.
Quote:
MediaFire Offers 50GB of Free Cloud Storage

Anyone who knows anything about cloud services knows that this is not a cloud service. (Same as saying that McDonalds is in fact, a restaurant.)
Anyway, the extra space does not justify the rubbish you have to deal with when you use on MediaFire. Been there, done that, said goodbye and I am not going back for sure. Might be successful in attracting newbies.
Quote:
Samsung Loses Apple Patent Case

So what? I have never used either one of their junks (other than checking it out to evaluate). They both suck; at least Apple has good marketing.
Quote:
Use Ten Internet Connections at Once with Connectify Dispatch

I have never understood why this is not a 'standard equipment' in PCs and OSes. I guess these guys have a deal with the service providers not to allow this for 'just anyone' as it would kill all their business models.
Quote:
Students Make Real Lava In Parking Lot

Cool. When I was in Hawaii, I did not get this close - the heat in the area was just unbearable (and you shoe melts!). I guess when you make a small patch in the winter, these things become non-issues.
Quote:
How to make a spray bottle that works in any orientation

Yep. I use glass though to avoid rust and similar effects.
Quote:
Angry Birds Space action toys with sound effects double up as piggy

So, no more games, just leveraging the franchise? En hyvaa!
Quote:
Hoverbike Video: Real or Fake?

Looks fake to me because at some point you can see the blades rotating -which is way too slow for lifting that much weight.
Quote:
Enhanced 1080P Video Of Curiosity Rover Decent

Yes, nice. I guess 60FPS is too much to ask from NASA - they never had money for decent equipment.
Quote:
Kid on Bike Eats It

You do realize that it was the bike that hit it, right? The kid merely fell from losing balance.
Quote:
Moth that looks like a poodle has Internet abuzz (Bizarre photos)

ALIENS!
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the catch for the 50gb is that you can only upload files up to 200mb unless you pay $10/mo....who cares at that point, I mean it's useless for me anyways cuz i deal with 4-5gb files for work.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never uploaded that big. I RAR all my files; the biggest I got was 125 megs (a lot of screenshots and stuff like that for a game I beta tested).
My videos are the only things that are big, but I upload them to tube...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Csimbi as usual most of your comments make me shake my head and say, wtf is this guy smoking but the only things I want to tell ya is,

The keyboard is cool and I'm getting one. it will work great for my kids who have already destroyed 10 or so keyboards. You can wash the keyboard itself and the backside i don't know wtf else you'd want to wash. My kids have killed keyboards dropping their juice on it. Killed it with their finger gunk. Your comments about it are idiotic, it's about time imho they finally have one you can actually clean.

Android / Apple. It figures you don't have one. Oh yes, you are above all tech users. If you had an inkling of intelligence you would have one or the other. I have an android phone, a Galaxy Nexus and it fucking rocks and I can do shitloads more than you can do with a closed proprietary piece of shit called the iPhone. Apple winning just shows how fucking stupid the judge and the jury were. Samsung's phone's don't even look remotely the same. And having an iPod at home I know both are completely different in almost every aspect. Pointless to explain it to you because you only used one for evaluation. That in itself is funny. Pfft. Only a fucking newbie owns an iPhone. No mommy don't make it complicated for me! I bet ya got one of these though huh? Here it is people. Csimbi's phone!

What a Guru! LOL! At least when he puts it in his pocket it looks like he actually has something in his pants.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Ah Csimbi as usual most of your comments make me shake my head and say, wtf is this guy smoking but the only things I want to tell ya is,

Actually, I don't smoke.

Tom wrote:
The keyboard is cool and I'm getting one. it will work great for my kids who have already destroyed 10 or so keyboards. You can wash the keyboard itself and the backside i don't know wtf else you'd want to wash.

As I said, it's also for ppl who "don't mind the wet and dirt spots all over the keyboard". The reason I said it is because you can't clean the keyboard. Sure, you can wash it, but that does not mean that it's clean. You can't clean the keyboard between the keys; junk will accumulate there. But, I guess you are the kind of guy who has to own something before you can figure that out.

Tom wrote:
Android / Apple. It figures you don't have one. Oh yes, you are above all tech users. If you had an inkling of intelligence you would have one or the other. I have an android phone, a Galaxy Nexus and it fucking rocks and I can do shitloads more than you can do with a closed proprietary piece of shit called the iPhone. Apple winning just shows how fucking stupid the judge and the jury were. Samsung's phone's don't even look remotely the same. And having an iPod at home I know both are completely different in almost every aspect. Pointless to explain it to you because you only used one for evaluation. That in itself is funny. Pfft. Only a fucking newbie owns an iPhone. No mommy don't make it complicated for me!

Apple is crap. I'm glad we've established that so we're on the same page. Samsung is less so. I don't have to own one of these devices to figure that out. You just walk into a store and play around with it for a while. I don't pay for stuff I don't actually use.
You have to remember that everyone judges a device based on its usability to him/her, personally. I think Apple's crap is flashy with no real-life benefits. Samsung hardware is lacking a great deal of features and the OS is just bloatware - from my perspective.
Every opinion is worth 2cents. Treat mine as such, too. Think about this:

Tom wrote:
I bet ya got one of these though huh? Here it is people. Csimbi's phone!

What a Guru! LOL! At least when he puts it in his pocket it looks like he actually has something in his pants.

NMT, lol
Good one!

For the record, I have a BB Torch 2 and I love it. Secure, fast, does everything I need and does not come with crapware. Can't wait for RIM's BB 10 devices!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: